17 Faulty Schools And Many Carpet Bombed Roads

shull

Having grown up in this area , I can vouch that the roads in Renfrewshire have always been bad to the extent that at least one Renfrewshire poet wrote about it.

I lived in another part of Scotland for over 14yrs and the roads there were noticeably better , so it isn't so much a Scottish thing as a Renfrewshire one. .

Since the bad winters around 5-6 years ago , the roads got decidedly worse . Whilst Andrew St and Bytheswood are access roads , there are plenty of other main routes that are very bad too. Macdowall St, Johnstone is very poor , with new craters every week it seems , the kind of thing that the Kaisers Artillery would have been proud of and Auchenlodment Rd which has been neglected for years and has the foundations exposed (that look late Roman in origin) and several patches over patches. .

It doesn't matter whom you complain to , they have there stoic determinism to do sweet f**k all( even when an inspector has deemed that the road should be resurfaced) . It is the one thing that the SNP seem to have never done anything about , and whilst Renfrewshire is still a Labour led Council , I think the shocking state of the roads shows total ineptness in all the political parties . It is just unacceptable and personally , I'd now be reluctant to vote for any of the fockers. .

Very noticeable that when I come back down to Paisley, it's a nightmare.

Not perfect up here but a different world from Paisley & district.

Wonder if it'll improve for the city of culture bid in the pipeline? whistling.gif

Andrew Street is to be resurfaced, a private road seemingly, resulting in every household being charged just over £1,000 even if you don't, and have never, driven a fecking car. thumbdown.gif

Re: Lochfield Rd resurfacing timing, I'm reminded of the time about ten years ago when they fully resurfaced Arkelston Rd from the railway bridge all the way to Hillington. A lovely smooth surface for the first time in about 30 years, only for British Gas to show up within a fortnight and dig a trench it's entire length and also down Gallowhill Rd to put a new gas pipe in !

If it's not major bridges being closed, it's loads of schools.

What a mess this country's infrastructure has became since the SNP got a hold of the reigns.

Are roads not under local authority control?

And as far as the forth road bridge is concerned, without the SNP we wouldn't be getting a new long term solution any time soon.

Credit where it is due.

Edited by oaksoft

Are roads not under local authority control?

And as far as the forth road bridge is concerned, without the SNP we wouldn't be getting a new long term solution any time soon.

Credit where it is due.

Depends which road. The streets in towns and villages will be local authority, the motorways and some other roads (the A75 and A76 for example) are Transport Scotland/Transerve.

The reason for the poor state of the roads/schools/whatever is, of course, down to the local authority/SNP cutting funding to local authorities/Tories cutting funding to the Scottish Government/some other combination that ensures it's definitely not the fault of whichever party you support.

Depends which road. The streets in towns and villages will be local authority, the motorways and some other roads (the A75 and A76 for example) are Transport Scotland/Transerve.

The reason for the poor state of the roads/schools/whatever is, of course, down to the local authority/SNP cutting funding to local authorities/Tories cutting funding to the Scottish Government/some other combination that ensures it's definitely not the fault of whichever party you support.

Andrew Street, wait for this, is deemed a private road.

If I lived there I'd be making sure it was fecking private.

There is no "of course" about it.

Councils have more than enough money to make correct decisions. If they cant spend it properly thats their problem.

IMO this is the guts of the reason for the problems. We simply dont have the right people running things.

The cuts havent even started yet.

Edited by oaksoft

Councils have more than enough money to make correct decisions. If they cant spend it properly thats their problem.

IMO this is the guts of the reason for the problems. We simply dont have the right people running things.

The cuts havent even started yet.

I'll leave someone else to rip the complete piss out of this post.

Re: Lochfield Rd resurfacing timing, I'm reminded of the time about ten years ago when they fully resurfaced Arkelston Rd from the railway bridge all the way to Hillington. A lovely smooth surface for the first time in about 30 years, only for British Gas to show up within a fortnight and dig a trench it's entire length and also down Gallowhill Rd to put a new gas pipe in !

That is a classic that I have seen so many times over the years . .

These fockers should be forced to return the surface to the condition they found it in or pay a hefty fine. .

Edited by saintnextlifetime

Very noticeable that when I come back down to Paisley, it's a nightmare.

Not perfect up here but a different world from Paisley & district.

Wonder if it'll improve for the city of culture bid in the pipeline? whistling.gif

Andrew Street is to be resurfaced, a private road seemingly, resulting in every household being charged just over £1,000 even if you don't, and have never, driven a fecking car. thumbdown.gif

It is neglect by successive regimes over a long period of time , certainly 50yrs or more. They have resurfaced two access roads close to Auchenlodment Rd but seem determined not to , it. It makes it awkward on match days at Keenie Park when you are trying to avoid , potholes, craters, parked cars , pedestrians and future football stars. .

The whole system is corrupt IMO and always has been since PFI's (which were reformed into PPP's) were introduced by the tories in '92, then subsequently adopted as the only show in town by Labour.

The private companies involved tender their bids at the lowest possible level, in order to make the biggest profit. As you can see from recent events, with little or no consideration for pupil or teacher safety. That is inherently wrong. Making a mistake whilst building is almost acceptable, but to leave important parts of the building out to save money is reprehensible.

I know of several new builds where there are significant problems relating to many different aspects of the build, often in breach of H&s. However, the private companies blame the councils and vice versa. With neither party willing to take the blame, usually the row rumbles on and on, while the problems remain in place or the council shells out to try and sort the problem.

At least with the current system in place in Scotland the councils have some degree of control of the buildings and have their own janitors etc.

In some schools where part of the school has been rebuilt by PFI/PPP, that part of the building can't be touched by council janitors, with a private company providing a separate janitor for that part of the building. Utter madness.

Add to the fact that the cost of paying the private companies is astronomical .Of course, this also includes hospitals etc.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2012/jul/05/pfi-cost-300bn

Why is it so difficult to establish a hand over and sign off on a completions report. That is basic and fundamental. If they are not even getting that bit right , well , what's the feckin point ? Surely the basic premise is to ensure when it goes Pete Tong that we can get a body into court for a right good kicking. It is perhaps not surprising that Miller Construction are no more, I wonder why they were , erm, ' bought over' then.

PPP/PFI dress it up anyway you want , one step up from house bashing on the cheap. No use for Infrastructure type builds, if they are intended to last, function, and not kill anyone that is. Tempt anyone to cut corners and get their job showing a profit, they'll grab it. To initiate building projects / structures with lawyers trying to outscore each other at pre start meetings, well nope, far from the ideal partnership, doomed to fail !!

Wall ties and head ties not functioning , not even in place ffs, negligence beyond belief !

Show me the Sign off Handover and Completions report !! bah-sign.gif

These fockers should be forced to return the surface to the condition they found it in or pay a hefty fine. .

The whole of Berryknowes Road in Cardonald was relined even painting in and then out of the potholes.

Months later the very same road was resurfaed , obliterating the new white lines.

Guest TPAFKATS

The whole of Berryknowes Road in Cardonald was relined even painting in and then out of the potholes.

Months later the very same road was resurfaed , obliterating the new white lines.

Some folk are never happy!

Scottish water dug up all the roads around Meikleriggs a few years ago to replace water pipes.

They dug up sections of the road and when finished, filled them in and resurfaced them.

Unfortunately, these "rectangles" and "strips" have now subsided below the original road surface and left the road peppered with depressions.

They should be made to fix the problem. However, they'd probably put their water charges up to pay for the repairs.

Having grown up in this area , I can vouch that the roads in Renfrewshire have always been bad to the extent that at least one Renfrewshire poet wrote about it.

I lived in another part of Scotland for over 14yrs and the roads there were noticeably better , so it isn't so much a Scottish thing as a Renfrewshire one. .

Since the bad winters around 5-6 years ago , the roads got decidedly worse . Whilst Andrew St and Bytheswood are access roads , there are plenty of other main routes that are very bad too. Macdowall St, Johnstone is very poor , with new craters every week it seems , the kind of thing that the Kaisers Artillery would have been proud of and Auchenlodment Rd which has been neglected for years and has the foundations exposed (that look late Roman in origin) and several patches over patches. .

It doesn't matter whom you complain to , they have there stoic determinism to do sweet f**k all( even when an inspector has deemed that the road should be resurfaced) . It is the one thing that the SNP seem to have never done anything about , and whilst Renfrewshire is still a Labour led Council , I think the shocking state of the roads shows total ineptness in all the political parties . It is just unacceptable and personally , I'd now be reluctant to vote for any of the fockers. .

You seem to have forgotten that it only snows in paisley when everywhere else is experiencing sunshine.

Councils have more than enough money to make correct decisions. If they cant spend it properly that's their problem.

IMO this is the guts of the reason for the problems. We simply don't have the right people running things.

The cu*ts haven't even started yet.

Sorted

Guest TPAFKATS

Scottish water dug up all the roads around Meikleriggs a few years ago to replace water pipes.

They dug up sections of the road and when finished, filled them in and resurfaced them.

Unfortunately, these "rectangles" and "strips" have now subsided below the original road surface and left the road peppered with depressions.

They should be made to fix the problem. However, they'd probably put their water charges up to pay for the repairs.

There isn't much point as they seem to pitch up every 6 months to dig them up again!

Like why does having "more than enough money" make your decisions "correct"?

Pretty obvious.

The argument being put forward is that cuts are causing the problems.

I'm saying that there is more than enough money to do the jobs properly and that "cuts" are being wrongly used to excuse poor decision making.