17 Faulty Schools And Many Carpet Bombed Roads

shull

Then you should have said "more than enough money to do the jobs properly" not "more than enough money to make correct decisions".

You are right.

I continually overestimate people's ability to understand things without being breastfed everything.

It's my biggest weakness.

I once said that in a job interview.

You are right.

I continually overestimate people's ability to understand things without being breastfed everything.

It's my biggest weakness.

I once said that in a job interview.

Must have confused the fcuk out of them as they only wanted someone to man the drive-through window.

There was a part of Seedhill road near the tannery where the tarmac had disappeared entirely to reveal absolutely perfect cobbles from decades before. they built them right in the old days.

There's one of those in Weighouse close at the side of Viennas.

There was a part of Seedhill road near the tannery where the tarmac had disappeared entirely to reveal absolutely perfect cobbles from decades before. they built them right in the old days.

That kind of thing isn't uncommon. For instance, in Auchenlodment Rd you can see the original cobble stones laid literally, centuries before by the Romans in order to access the mines that were in the area . .

Yeh those guys , knew how to build a road. .

Road surfacing/building is probably the most crooked/suppressive industry in the country today , these guys get away with murder. .

That kind of thing isn't uncommon. For instance, in Auchenlodment Rd you can see the original cobble stones laid literally, centuries before by the Romans in order to access the mines that were in the area . .

Road surfacing/building is probably the most crooked/suppressive industry in the country today , these guys get away with murder. .

And part of the underside of my car from last week!!!!!

Orbital route between newton mearns and ek is also a joke. Transport Scotland's attention to major arteries is a joke these days. Especially given these are fast roads. Council road responsibility is a victim of cuts, but they have reserve funding they could access. I have read about ridiculous levels of payouts to drivers over pothole damage- surely it makes more sense to fix the roads. I won't even get started on PPP schools. The building l work in is totally inefficient, cheap materials, falling apart after ten years, but apparently able to withstand high winds

Orbital route between newton mearns and ek is also a joke. Transport Scotland's attention to major arteries is a joke these days. Especially given these are fast roads. Council road responsibility is a victim of cuts, but they have reserve funding they could access. I have read about ridiculous levels of payouts to drivers over pothole damage- surely it makes more sense to fix the roads. I won't even get started on PPP schools. The building l work in is totally inefficient, cheap materials, falling apart after ten years, but apparently able to withstand high winds

I don't know about ridiculous payments . I claimed for a tyre and a wheel a couple of years ago after I hit a crater in the pissing wet . They wouldn't pay me for a NEW tyre because they said the tyre wasn't new (it probably had about 4k miles on it) and they would only pay for a repair on the wheel. Subsequently , the repair to the wheel proved unsuccessful and I had to pay for a new one anyway .

Let's call it Self Certification' for now. In other words, yeah mate , jobs cushty mate, now pay me, no need to check anythin here, nowt to see, its a gem mate.

The council should be stood in the dock along with the Contractors for this school building farce.

See what happens when u let the councils near anything that involves money, a project and some responsibiity. They are in general with few exceptions, fookin useless.

Let's call it Self Certification' for now. In other words, yeah mate , jobs cushty mate, now pay me, no need to check anythin here, nowt to see, its a gem mate.

The council should be stood in the dock along with the Contractors for this school building farce.

See what happens when u let the councils near anything that involves money, a project and some responsibiity. They are in general with few exceptions, fookin useless.

Your right someone should be held accountable for this. However it is unlikley that they will. There are too many parties accountable. The HSE like to pin the blame on a single body to make it easier for a prosecution.

It is down to pure luck that this never resulted in a fatality. I am surprised that none of the press makes mention to any investigations being undertaken by the HSE.

So who is to blame? We have the same issue on schools procured in the same manner in the same region by the same contractor.

Its easy to blame the council. However they are way down the pecking order.

Were the walls designed correctly. If not the responsibility lies with the design team

Were the walls constructed correctly. If not the responsibility lies with the contractor and the brickies

However ultimately the brickies constructed a wall that they knew was incorrect. They happily walked away (as did others) knowing that they had constructed a wall that was unrestrained in a school. Pleading ignorance is not a defence.

Guest TPAFKATS

Your right someone should be held accountable for this. However it is unlikley that they will. There are too many parties accountable. The HSE like to pin the blame on a single body to make it easier for a prosecution.

It is down to pure luck that this never resulted in a fatality. I am surprised that none of the press makes mention to any investigations being undertaken by the HSE.

So who is to blame? We have the same issue on schools procured in the same manner in the same region by the same contractor.

Its easy to blame the council. However they are way down the pecking order.

Were the walls designed correctly. If not the responsibility lies with the design team

Were the walls constructed correctly. If not the responsibility lies with the contractor and the brickies

However ultimately the brickies constructed a wall that they knew was incorrect. They happily walked away (as did others) knowing that they had constructed a wall that was unrestrained in a school. Pleading ignorance is not a defence.

Yes, a systemic failure is what the hse would look for. Problem is, as you point out, finding the organisation responsible.

It's not unheard of for them to prosecute more than one organisation though.

Do Millar construction still exist? If not, who if anyone took over their liability with regards the PFI builds?

Edited by TPAFKATS

The city (in effect ECC) will have to pay private consortium Edinburgh Schools Partnership, which built and maintains the buildings through a PPP deal, a total of £540m over the next 30 years.

But Edinburgh council is refusing to pay the latest private finance charges and will withhold the latest £1.5m instalment, invoking its legal rights under the PFI contract.

They'd have been better off going to Wonga for a loan...........................................

Seriously though, that is a staggering amount of money to pay back.

Go round the corner to Blythswood....makes Andrew St look like a putting green.

Went round yesterday, the top end is, indeed, unbelievable, all a few needed was a few ducks and you've got yourself a duck pond.

Further down isn't as bad as Andrew street but both streets must be as bad as it gets.

I didn't try to take my car down, parked at the end of the street and walked down.

Went round yesterday, the top end is, indeed, unbelievable, all a few needed was a few ducks and you've got yourself a duck pond.

Further down isn't as bad as Andrew street but both streets must be as bad as it gets.

I didn't try to take my car down, parked at the end of the street and walked down.

Lucky your zimmer didn't disappear down one of the craters.