Paisley Beer Festival 2016

FTOF

• 2 weeks later...

I had an excellent evening last night.

Apparently it has been much busier than usual this year.

Usually just walk in the door at 4.30, but we had to queue for 90 minutes.

Well worth the wait though, as the beers were excellent, and there were very few that I had ear marked before the event, that weren't available.

If you're going today, get there early.

Well worth the wait though, as the beers were excellent, and there were very few that I had ear marked before the event, that weren't available.

Seen a picture of that, was it you trying to skip the queue? whistling.gif

The difficulty with the numbers able to attend is due to the town halls restrictions on numbers allowed in the building at any one time.

Indeed, at the upstairs bar, queues developed on the door there due to restrictions on room numbers.

The place near looked overly busy.

Perhaps they should consider moving to another site for 2018.

Guest TPAFKATS

Capacity was reduced this year as it was deemed too busy at times last year. Think it was 800 odd this year.

Upstairs bar included the wine bar which was very popular.

I must admit I gave up going to this owing to the regular long queues to get in. Standing in the rain outside for over an hour a couple of years ago cursing, saw to that. Obviously it needs a bigger venue, probably with a minimum 1000 capacity or thereabouts. Where though if you want to keep it in Paisley ?

I must admit I gave up going to this owing to the regular long queues to get in. Standing in the rain outside for over an hour a couple of years ago cursing, saw to that. Obviously it needs a bigger venue, probably with a minimum 1000 capacity or thereabouts. Where though if you want to keep it in Paisley ?

Maybe split it between a few other suitable venues?

You'd think other possible venues would be quite keen to be part of this?

Maybe split it between a few other suitable venues?

You'd think other possible venues would be quite keen to be part of this?

Use the facilities inside St Mirren Park and maybe erect a huge Marquee in the Car Park.

Season Tickets not valid.

It's depends when you turn up. If it's after 4 on the Friday, you'll get caught in a queue. Take a day off or a half day, go at 2 or 3, and you won't have to queue. This was my 16th festival and I've never queued to get in.

There was also no queue on Saturday this year until about 2.30 and it was only there to keep the pay in point clear so it was a fast moving queue.

Fortunately, despite turning up after 4 on the Friday, I didnae have to queue at all. thumbup2.gif

Edited by Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes