Saint For A Day

This is a good idea, last year they put on a spread after the game but everyone was squeezed in a small room had a quick bite and a chat and then left. If they done it in the hospitality suite or the new supporters bar they could open the bar and get everyones friends and family in and make a bit more money off the bar.

Even a marquee set up inside the stadium, or using the vomitory in the main stand, band on, BBQ, beers, stuff for the weans on/off the pitch.

Tried to enter this and it says you need to click on the link in the email that has been sent, but it's been a few hours and I haven't got an email. Is it an automatic email or does someone manually send it and just hasn't done it yet?

May i suggest an idea that would bring more money into the pot on the day.In the midst of the fan ownership bid why not include a Director for the day event.The board room can be opened and for the fans who are not fit enough to play can enjoy a pre match drink and sit in the comfy seats and enjoy the match.This is not suggested tongue in cheek as i genuinely believe there are people out there who would enjoy the craic of being a director for the day and make more money for youth development.

Great idea Ian.

Great idea, i would go further and organise a BBQ/Curry Lunch for after the game, get all the Players(saints for the day) their families, friends and supporters, the youth teams, their families, any squad players available, management team etc all just mingling and having fun. £5 for the lunch all proceeds going to youth development, and I would have it every year.

Bring the club to the fans!

Who fancies a pitch side Barbie & beer? Great event for Smisa to organise.

Great idea, get it organised and SMiSA will help, we were thinking of ideas for making it a family fun day, and you have it in one here. Maybe add a few games for the weans,

Great idea, get it organised and SMiSA will help, we were thinking of ideas for making it a family fun day, and you have it in one here. Maybe add a few games for the weans,

Just shows what we CAN do when we pull our ideas together.I will have about 5 family members bidding for a jersey.Add the fact they could have their kids/nephews as mascots then the money raised will be much higher than previous years.Lets get it to the next level.

Great idea, i would go further and organise a BBQ/Curry Lunch for after the game, get all the Players(saints for the day) their families, friends and supporters, the youth teams, their families, any squad players available, management team etc all just mingling and having fun. £5 for the lunch all proceeds going to youth development, and I would have it every year.

Bring the club to the fans!

Who fancies a pitch side Barbie & beer? Great event for Smisa to organise.

Couldn't obviously be done for no cost, so profit going to YD. We are (at the moment) sending the idea to the people at the club who are organising the day, will keep you up-dated.

This is a day organised by the club/youth academy so not a SMiSA event but we have said we will help out, might need a lot of extra help of we get this going though.

Edited by buddiecat

Couldn't obviously be done for no cost, so profit going to YD. We are (at the moment) sending the idea to the people at the club who are organising the day, will keep you up-dated.

This is a day organised by the club/youth academy so not a SMiSA event but we have said we will help out, might need a lot of extra help of we get this going though.

Since time is the main factor for this year perhaps a deal could be struck where Smisa pay for all the food/ingredients and UWS do the catering as a freebie for YD, Smisa get their costs back, profit to YD incl a contribution from the bar receipts!!!

curry lunch, BBQ either would do it, then be more ambitious next time?

Since time is the main factor for this year perhaps a deal could be struck where Smisa pay for all the food/ingredients and UWS do the catering as a freebie for YD, Smisa get their costs back, profit to YD incl a contribution from the bar receipts!!!

curry lunch, BBQ either would do it, then be more ambitious next time?

Will wait and see what answer we get from the organisers, before we get too carried away.

Edited by buddiecat