And His Hotel Is Crap As Well!

beyond our ken

I suppose, with the way things are these days, an encouraging aspect of the story is that the £142,000 is classed as 'unspent'. As I read the story I expected to find it had 'disappeared', or been spent buying up thousands of unsold St Mirren 2014/15 home shirts for a laugh.

Pair play to those involved for not stealing or spunking away that money.

As I say, the way things seem to go these days...

I have also heard his hotel is not up to scratch, dampness, disrepair , no wifi in rooms - even though it only takes a few quid to put a booster in each room - and one couple i know turned up early to book in, hoping to drop off cases and go into town, they started to say "we know we are early but can we... " "Yes you are early" said Mrs S, who then closed the door without another word.

"The taxi Marshall scheme was deemed a failure..." Yes none of the employed Marshalls could describe what a taxi looked like, let alone tell you the last time they'd seen one in the town centre after 9pm !

I have also heard his hotel is not up to scratch, dampness, disrepair , no wifi in rooms - even though it only takes a few quid to put a booster in each room - and one couple i know turned up early to book in, hoping to drop off cases and go into town, they started to say "we know we are early but can we... " "Yes you are early" said Mrs S, who then closed the door without another word.

Aye f**k em, its the Watermill fae noo oan.

Indeed, 2 coachloads of them there most nights, i believe it is owned by the company who arrange the tours.

Quite a turnaround from the Liquidated Company that previously owned it.

I believe the tourists spend 3 nights in Paisley while touring about Loch Lomond,Edinburgh etc before being replaced by the next coachload.

Is the guy from Ashtree not meant to be creating a Hotel at the old Social Work?

Shallow, stupid thread.

The Ashtree is the best, most hospitable place in which I've stayed in Paisley.

The guy Stewart is passionate about the town and its regeneration.

If anyBuddie actually read the PDE report they'd see that (apart from printing some of the same shite twice) that the cooncil and the remaining BID members are full of praise and gratitude to the guy for getting the very idea up and running.

Guest TPAFKATS

Had to laugh, The Ashtree Hotel is rated on Tripadvisor as "No 2 of 10 Hotels in Paisley"

Beaten to the number one spot by........................... The Premier Inn at the Airport lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Don't knock the premier at Glasgow Airport!!!

Shallow, stupid thread.

The Ashtree is the best, most hospitable place in which I've stayed in Paisley.

The guy Stewart is passionate about the town and its regeneration.

If anyBuddie actually read the PDE report they'd see that (apart from printing some of the same shite twice) that the cooncil and the remaining BID members are full of praise and gratitude to the guy for getting the very idea up and running.

I have stayed there once, last week in December and the heating and hot water couldn't reach the part of the building we were in. Despite there being other rooms available the owners opted not to move us to where there were 20th century facilities. Breakfast was cold, sparse and late and the owner's attitude was to say that there were cafes in the town.

Forgive me for basing my pinion on an actual experience (spelling OK for you, Slarti?)

Oh great a thread rubbishing a business in Paisley that had the audacity to put their head above the parapet to try an improve the image of Paisley.

Everyones entitled an opinion. But starting a thread from a newspaper article of 3 months ago to then take a kick at his business sounds like someone has an agenda.

Edited by Gruffalo

I have picked up from The Ashtree on numerous occasions and have never heard a bad word about it.

I can offer you several bad words about it...

Not the room I booked

No Tv set for two days

When pointed both things out whilst settling bill no reduction even offered.

So no business from me anymore, and no business from three others I know about anymore, and between us we had used it multiple times a year.