FFS , We Are Gonnae Win The League

I hope it's 2 down from the premiership this season with Hibs joining Rangers going up. Relegated teams tend to struggle ,especially in this era with the cutbacks relegation entails. Utd have stated there will be major cutbacks so I'd imagine it'll be the same or worse for the likes of Killie or Hamilton, plus they're not used to this level.

Sorry, falling into the same trap as last year.

AR has a major overhaul job to do on the squad and not all of the changes will be wanted. Shankland and Watson away, Thommo retired and Goody shown the door. Add in the fact that we'll cash in on Mallan in the January window.

With not a lot of cash to play with I reckon play-off spot at best.

More about the squad with me

The competition will be tough no matter what

2 Championship teams in the final this year shows it's a tough league

Conversely.

Two championship sides, who one won't be and one might not be next season, in the SC final means that those who exit the top league won't be anything to fear as they couldn't overcome the aforementioned sides.

Sorry, falling into the same trap as last year.

AR has a major overhaul job to do on the squad and not all of the changes will be wanted. Shankland and Watson away, Thommo retired and Goody shown the door. Add in the fact that we'll cash in on Mallan in the January window.

With not a lot of cash to play with I reckon play-off spot at best.

Thommo & Goody, pretty much, not been in the picture this season so they aren't part of the losses that would worry me.

Is it a done deal Shankland wouldn't stay on loan?

Thommo & Goody, pretty much, not been in the picture this season so they aren't part of the losses that would worry me.

Is it a done deal Shankland wouldn't stay on loan?

For me, we would want to keep Langfield, Webster, Quinn, Mallan and Shankland as the spine of the team. I'd love to keep Watson as well, but we know that's not happening and I rate Naismith. Shankland will be hard to replace if we can't keep him. I think the big problem with him is, a bit like this season, we won't find out if we can keep him until near the end of the transfer window, after the season has started. Will Rae be willing to take that gamble?

• 2 weeks later...

Just a thought. If we can't persuade Shankland to return for another season, could we not sound out Mahrez to give St Mirren another go with the promise of better weather this time round?

I suppose that is as unlikely as it was for Leicester City winning the Premiership this season after narrowly escaping relegation last year.

And that is almost as unlikely as St Mirren winning the Championship next season - based on this season's performances and the player pool that is likely to be available to us.

However, it is good that there is an air of optimism on here for a change but let's not get carried away with ourselves - we have a huge mountain to climb from where we are at this moment in time.

Difficult league again next season, arabs, dunfermline, falkirk, killie, we will do well to make the play offs.

Scratching around picking the pockets of dirty orange bastards does not indicate

a biscuit tin available, more like a snuff box for squad funds.

Edited by murray street

• 2 months later...
On ‎03‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 10:51 AM, northstbuddie said:

Just a thought. If we can't persuade Shankland to return for another season, could we not sound out Mahrez to give St Mirren another go with the promise of better weather this time round?

I suppose that is as unlikely as it was for Leicester City winning the Premiership this season after narrowly escaping relegation last year.

And that is almost as unlikely as St Mirren winning the championship next season - based on this season's performances and the player pool that is likely to be available to us.

However, it is good that there is an air of optimism on here for a change but let's not get carried away with ourselves - we have a huge mountain to climb from where we are at this moment in time.

After today's scorchio....   there's  no such thing as a daft concept..   .:)