FFS , We Are Gonnae Win The League

17 hours ago, elvis said:

Im not one for getting carried away but we have got to be there or there abouts with this squad and manager .

Quote of the year :) . Well said though Elvis.

Dundee Utd are a bit unknown but have made decent signings and every other competitor including Hibs, on paper anyway, is weaker having lost key players whereas we have strengthened significantly. Quite confident we will be challenging this season.

Edited by Sonny

You are all talking absoute p@×sh trust me we are a mile away

You're totally entitled to your opinion, but I'm not sure why you feel that way. The way I see it, we have Premiership quality and experience all through the team, guys like Irvine, Webster, Quinn, Sutton, Clarkson and a few more. Add to that the young guys like Mallan, Morgan, Shankland, Baird and Naismith, some of whom have a fair bit of top level experience too, and you have a pretty strong squad. Also have cover in almost every area. Looking good for me.

IMO, we have the strongest squad. We proven goalscoring strikers, we have wingers, we have decent and experienced defenders.

I think we will win the league.

The one area I think needs strengthening is central midfield. We only have 3 at the moment.

Dundee United's squad is shite.

Hibs only finished 3rd last season. Their best player at the tail end of last season was Stokes and he's away. And they have now appointed an absolute clown of a manager.

I see Falkirk as our main rivals.

Edited by nosferatu

I still believe we need a central midfielder like McLean who could pick out a pass well enough and get the ball through the oppositions defence to feed our strikers, lewis morgan tho is looking great (so far) reminds me of the likes of mcginn and teale willing to take on defenders. with these 2 cup games under our belt we are looking good, hopefully a good result against a higher opposition in hamilton on saturday will show us if we are capable of doing well this season. we should be looking at no less than top 4 this season, hopefully :D  

I can't believe folk saying we should be looking at no less than top 4

FFS, if we don't make the top 4 then the manager should be whipped and run out of town!

the target has to be promotion

best way to achieve that is to win the league

now that Sevco are away, the best team left is Falkirk

Dundee united are absolutely shite

Imo we have better players than Falkirk

we should therefore win the league

3 hours ago, nosferatu said:

I can't believe folk saying we should be looking at no less than top 4

FFS, if we don't make the top 4 then the manager should be whipped and run out of town!

the target has to be promotion

best way to achieve that is to win the league

now that Sevco are away, the best team left is Falkirk

Dundee united are absolutely shite

Imo we have better players than Falkirk

we should therefore win the league

^^^^^^^^^

Already sowing the seeds for his annual campaign to rip the manager to shreds.

#stillinlovewithgus :lol:

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

^^^^^^^^^

Already sowing the seeds for his annual campaign to rip the manager to shreds.

#stillinlovewithgus :lol:

There should be no hard luck stories if we finish 5th.

Gus is God

• 2 weeks later...
Dundee United, Hibs and Dunfermline will all finish above us. We are looking again at a 4th to 8th place finish with, Raith, Falkirk, Morton and QotS.

What a scream from all the panic knickerwetting usual fans. Let's see the change of tone after we beat Morton on Saturday.

14 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

What a scream from all the panic knickerwetting usual fans. Let's see the change of tone after we beat Morton on Saturday.

Not knickerwetting at all just an opinion.

The 3 previous years of the SPFL Championship winners have had 69, 91 & 81 points.

2nd & 3rd place have had 70 points 3 times 67 points twice and one on 66 points.

4th place teams have had 62, 60 and 55.

For us to match any of these totals we need to win a minimum of 15 games drawing around 10/11 losing no more than 10.

Just do not see us being undefeated in around 25 out of 36 going on our 4 performances so far.

Feel free to bring this up anytime during the season

Edited by Ronnie
mistake