Dumbarton V St Mirren Championship 23/4/16

shull

Its good to have a manager that has not only instilled confidence in the players we had and the players brought in, in the January window. For the first time in many a season I also have great confidence in him and faz for the 2016/17 season and although he had an eye on several players he wanted for the 2016/17 season and unfortunately due to the division we were in and could have slipped out of and been relegated again, some of these players are no longer available mainly due to having resigned for the club they are currently with or are no longer available having signed pre-season contracts with other teams. Given all that there are still a few players left that he wanted and may be able to sign, I am also convinced that with all the uncertainty currently underway with regards to will have ownership of the club next season is not helping.

Finally and going off what this thread was all about, I feel very sorry we are not going to have Thommo as a player next season. I know he hasn't been at his best, form wise in the last 2 seasons and in my opinion he is doing the correct thing by not continuing to play, perhaps their maybe a coaching role for him, I certainly hope so. He is a legend, a true St.Mirren man and an out and out gentleman, a man that is loved by all St.Mirren supporters, a player and man that will never be forgotten even if he goes into the media.

Do we not get a higher amount of money from the SPFL depending on our finishing league position and are we also not seeded higher in the league cup draw. If it is the case then surely you cannot be apathetic about it, anyway its our last away game of the season and good chance to show our continued support for the team, given that the following game many of us St.Mirren supporters will not be in attendance.

Edited by stripey

Never been to the new stadium can anyone tell me what the parking situation is. Cheers.

Parking is no problem. Have their own Car Park for a small fee or there is plenty free street parking.

We're playing pretty well just now, and it's quite entertaining stuff too. 17 goals in the last 8 games, averaging more than 2 goals a game.

It's a far cry from the more defensive, turgid stuff we seen at the beginning of Rae's reign. He came in and sorted it out from the back and we ground out a good few 1-0's, now we are safe there's clearly more licence to go forward.

I expect that to continue tomorrow. We will likely go for it and start with Shankland, Gallagher, Mallan, Cooper and Quinn again. Five attacking players who all know where the net is and who've all found it in recent weeks. However, keeping it together at the back is another issue, in that spell of 8 games we have lost 3-2, 4-3 and drew 2-2.

I'm going to go along full of expectation of yet more entertainment, which can mean only one thing.

0-0

Never been to the new stadium can anyone tell me what the parking situation is. Cheers.

Their car park costs £1 but you are given a ticket for the half time draw.Ticket should cost £1 so parking is basically free.

Do we not get a higher amount of money from the SPFL depending on our finishing league position and are we also not seeded higher in the league cup draw. If it is the case then surely you cannot be apathetic about it, anyway its our last away game of the season and good chance to show our continued support for the team, given that the following game many of us St.Mirren supporters will not be in attendance.

Yeah, my comment was meant as a tongue in cheek reference to the thread having only 5 posts at the time, indeed were still on Page 1 but you're correct there's still prize money at stake and a look at the remaining fixtures show that a win today could secure fifth spot for us so COYS!

PS - What a crazy end to the season that would be! holiday.gif

Edited by Bud the Baker

Hopefully will be a good game! My 27th and last commentary tomorrow.

Aye, well done guys for your endeavours this season. That will you be a Buddie for life now? Hope you pop along now and then to watch games after you graduate (and join BuyTheBuds :) )

Hopefully will be a good game! My 27th and last commentary tomorrow.

if you are commentator on st.Mirren radio I would like to thank you and your colleges for their excellent coverage during the season.Far better than anything the been can come with meant to say beeb Edited by belfast billy