Dumbarton V St Mirren Championship 23/4/16

shull

We did have a lot to play for, higher position means more money for the club plus players are paid to play professional football for our club. Too many are not good enough and I wager many out if contract will be shown the door. The second half was really poor.

A position in mid table is not 'alot to play for', no matter how you spin it.

I agree with the a lot not good enough part and I expect Rae does too. I think we will see wholesale changes in the summer, with very few out of contract players retained.

We did have a lot to play for, higher position means more money for the club plus players are paid to play professional football for our club. Too many are not good enough and I wager many out if contract will be shown the door. The second half was really poor.

Indeed.

Today should sound the death knell for Cooper, Gallagher and Clarkson.

Thought Shankland looked like one of the few today, who actually looked as if he was interested in winning the game.

If, as is rumoured, he wants to stay here and Aberdeen want shot of him, I'd have him here.

A position in mid table is not 'alot to play for', no matter how you spin it.

I agree with the a lot not good enough part and I expect Rae does too. I think we will see wholesale changes in the summer, with very few out of contract players retained.

Must pay them too much as win bonuses don't matter it seems

9 points for the part time team is dreadful no matter what positive spin you put on

At least the manager doesn't want to dress it up

Strange game. Looked interested and totally dominated the first half and should have been home and dry. However they simply did not look interested in the second half although admittedly Dumbarton's life was on the line and they upped their game considerably. After they went 2-1 up they played a 4-5-1 and saw the game out.

Thought Shankland was excellent today. Worked very hard and fought hard. Played some great wee balls that Clarkson wasn't fast enough to latch on to.

First half was, at times, really good and we should have went in a good few ahead. 2nd half was complete opposite and we were 2nd or 3rd to every ball.

Would like to see 2nd goal again as at the time I thought Langfied should have got across his goal quicker.

Definetly think Rae will have had his mind made up now on guys like Clarkson, Cooper, Quinn and Gallagher.

Edited by foxbar_bud

Must pay them too much as win bonuses don't matter it seems

9 points for the part time team is dreadful no matter what positive spin you put on

At least the manager doesn't want to dress it up

I'm not dressing it up either, it was a very poor second half, and 3/12 against Dumbarton is a disgrace.

Even still, on the balance of play we never deserved to lose the game. But that's football.

He was told that last year too, if he can get a gig at a higher level then so be it but I'll be disappointed (but not surprised) if he turns up at another club in our division next season.

He wasn't out of contract last season though.

Would like to see 3nd goal again as at the time I get Langfied should have got accross his goal quicker.

Was that not the 2rd goal?

I too enjoyed the 1st half,some lovely stuff.F'ck knows what happened in the 2nd.

We could have been above the Soap Dodgers tonight.

Really poor. Goals change games. First half were cruising then naismith gets caught out and the lad flashes in a cross that hits our lad and pops into net. That was completely against the run of play. What followed in the second half was unacceptable. I don't give a flying pig if this game meant little. Fact is we had a good support down and yet again we were let down. We're definitely better under rae but I'd have hoped we could have finished higher than 7th. What I will say is that with 30 to go and when we're shelling high balls to Gallagher wouldn't it have been reasonable to give.thommo a.run? Or maybe when Mr invisible rocco quinn shat himself shouldn't goody have been brought on for some? No what we got was two baffling subs in Lewis Morgan and Jordan Stewart neither of whom will make it unless they improve drastically. we need to be ruthless and only then will.this shuddering decline halt. Face facts the youth graduates aren't good enough bar mallan. It's time to rip this stinking mess apart and start again. I hope to God Alex rae boots all bar three or four out the door. Seriously people won't pay money to watch these dumplings much longer so let's gut the place

This game entirely summed up why I've stopped going to away games. Freezin' cold, shite fitba' and a number of players who just don't seem to give much of a f**k. I'll be disappointed and surprised if anymore than four of that starting eleven pull a Saints jersey on for the first game of next season.

Really poor. Goals change games. First half were cruising then naismith gets caught out and the lad flashes in a cross that hits our lad and pops into net. That was completely against the run of play. What followed in the second half was unacceptable. I don't give a flying pig if this game meant little. Fact is we had a good support down and yet again we were let down. We're definitely better under rae but I'd have hoped we could have finished higher than 7th. What I will say is that with 30 to go and when we're shelling high balls to Gallagher wouldn't it have been reasonable to give.thommo a.run? Or maybe when Mr invisible rocco quinn shat himself shouldn't goody have been brought on for some? No what we got was two baffling subs in Lewis Morgan and Jordan Stewart neither of whom will make it unless they improve drastically. we need to be ruthless and only then will.this shuddering decline halt. Face facts the youth graduates aren't good enough bar mallan. It's time to rip this stinking mess apart and start again. I hope to God Alex rae boots all bar three or four out the door. Seriously people won't pay money to watch these dumplings much longer so let's gut the place

your being a wee bit too critical mate. You don't write anything regarding the fast free flowing football we played in the first half. Dumbarton were well up for the game in the second half they needed a win to be sure of their safety we needed a win for what pride. As I wrote further back enjoyed the game glad I made the effort to go. If you think back to how this team were playing under Murray it's like night and day. Who wrote it was freezing ? Could not say it was freezing though was surprised to see a good few fans wearing shorts and light cloths on top . Looking forward to next season to see what kind of team Rae will put together.

Taxi for the Rangers loving manager.

Seriously, Alex Rae must go.

Dreadful appointment.

Are you for real? He has had half a season with a squad mainly made up of Murray signings and kept us up and you want him sacked? Aye, pay another manager off with money we can ill afford and would give a new manager little to rebuild a squad for next season. Our season was already over when Rae came in so what did you expect? He deserves another season with his own team and judge him then.