Dumbarton V St Mirren Championship 23/4/16

shull

Are you for real? He has had half a season with a squad mainly made up of Murray signings and kept us up and you want him sacked? Aye, pay another manager off with money we can ill afford and would give a new manager little to rebuild a squad for next season. Our season was already over when Rae came in so what did you expect? He deserves another season with his own team and judge him then.

Despite numerous personality changes The Cap'n has never gotten over the sacking of Gus MacPherson, think of him slumped over the computer clutching a tear-stained photo of the great man and sobbing as he presses the Post button.

Edit - This is in no way a criticism of the Cap'n, I too am far happier discussing obscure points of the club's history & trivia and picking at old scabs old than engaging in RealLifeTM.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Yeah, my comment was meant as a tongue in cheek reference to the thread having only 5 posts at the time, indeed were still on Page 1 but you're correct there's still prize money at stake and a look at the remaining fixtures show that a win today could secure fifth spot for us so COYS!

PS - What a crazy end to the season that would be! holiday.gif

Possibly the most disappointing part of yesterday's result is that a win would have placed us in fifth spot and with Morton & QotS away to Falkirk and Hibs next Sunday that might have been enough to secure the position.

your being a wee bit too critical mate. You don't write anything regarding the fast free flowing football we played in the first half. Dumbarton were well up for the game in the second half they needed a win to be sure of their safety we needed a win for what pride. As I wrote further back enjoyed the game glad I made the effort to go. If you think back to how this team were playing under Murray it's like night and day. Who wrote it was freezing ? Could not say it was freezing though was surprised to see a good few fans wearing shorts and light cloths on top . Looking forward to next season to see what kind of team Rae will put together.

It was f**king freezing! ☃

It was f**king freezing! ☃

Not me mate I had thermal underwear on a thermal hat plus thermal walking soaks so felt nice and warm. Should not be forgotten we are suffering long spells of Northern winds from the article circle. Tell me you were not one of the fans wearing shorts and skimpy tops. I looked at them and thought you must be freezing.

Not me mate I had thermal underwear on a thermal hat plus thermal walking soaks so felt nice and warm. Should not be forgotten we are suffering long spells of Northern winds from the artic circle. Tell me you were not one of the fans wearing shorts and skimpy tops. I looked at them and thought you must be freezing.

Not me mate I had thermal underwear on a thermal hat plus thermal walking soaks so felt nice and warm. Should not be forgotten we are suffering long spells of Northern winds from the article circle. Tell me you were not one of the fans wearing shorts and skimpy tops. I looked at them and thought you must be freezing.

Nope, I was suitably attired. Dumbarton is just one of the coldest places on earth. Bring on summer football!

Not being critical of Watson, but just imagine the reaction if Baird had scored that O.G. There would be some on here demanding he never play for us again.

If it's our own young players they get singled out for a special kind of irrational, over the top criticism.

Has always been that way, who knows why.