Smirren Playing Staff And Social Media - A Ban Looming ?

Certainly , where I work , you are not allowed to discuss who you work for on social media nor are you allowed to talk in a work related manner. .

I don't know what those guys said but it could be deemed to be unprofessional behaviour by the Club, after all , unlike most of us , these guys are in the limelight and people are looking at what they are saying. .

Certainly , where I work , you are not allowed to discuss who you work for on social media nor are you allowed to talk in a work related manner. .

I don't know what those guys said but it could be deemed to be unprofessional behaviour by the Club, after all , unlike most of us , these guys are in the limelight and people are looking at what they are saying. .

Football players "twattering" their excitement about any other team is hardly "discussing their work" and it's stretching things to put it into a "work related manner" as mentioning ay football related matter could come under that banner.

I happen to believe it's naive and slightly insulting to the club/fans who pay their wages.

Not the crime of the century and, overall, some sort of agreement should be laid down to prevent these issues.

It's almost an educational issue as it seems some players don't understand that it could be seen as a slap in the face to some supporters.

Football players "twattering" their excitement about any other team is hardly "discussing their work" and it's stretching things to put it into a "work related manner" as mentioning ay football related matter could come under that banner.

I happen to believe it's naive and slightly insulting to the club/fans who pay their wages.

Not the crime of the century and, overall, some sort of agreement should be laid down to prevent these issues.

It's almost an educational issue as it seems some players don't understand that it could be seen as a slap in the face to some supporters.

Pretty much this.

A bit of a storm in a teacup, but they should stop and think about how their social media posts will be received prior to hitting the post button.

Carswell talking about 'now for the big one' did cross a line, in my view, and I found the addition of the butcher's apron to a number of tweets pretty distasteful.

For all that, did anyone else see the tweets from Tory Murdo Fraser? He was talking about the 'Queen's 11' etc. An absolute throbber of a man.

There is an article in the herald, Tony Fitzpatrick isn't happy with the players and is calling it unnaceptable and distasteful after our result on Saturday.

What a legend Fitzpatrick is, get stuck into them Tony boy.

Tony has this spot on. This is very unprofessional for so called professional footballers.

The club needs to make it clear that this type of behaviour will not be tolerated.

Footballers are "professional" only in as much as they are paid for playing football, as opposed to most people who are amateur. Any other comparison with those who have real jobs is entirely accidental. Most footballers have little grasp of life outside football, particularly the grossly overpaid ones, and have so much time on their hands thy are forced to indulge themselves, not in anything educational or beneficial to society, but rather in social media and visiting tattoo parlours.

This does not apply to all players, only a large majority.

Footballers are "professional" only in as much as they are paid for playing football, as opposed to most people who are amateur. Any other comparison with those who have real jobs is entirely accidental. Most footballers have little grasp of life outside football, particularly the grossly overpaid ones, and have so much time on their hands thy are forced to indulge themselves, not in anything educational or beneficial to society, but rather in social media and visiting tattoo parlours.

This does not apply to all players, only a large majority.

...and growing beards.

The thing for me is I don't really care who our players support. It would be foolish and niave to believe they all have St. Mirren in their hearts, that being said I still don't like this being flaunted by them especially for a team they are up against on a regular basis. This is showing complete disrespect and contempt for the people who both support them and pay their wages. Clearly they have no real interest in being at our club so show them the door.

I think it's a joke. St Mirren fans loved it when Frank McAvennie and Frank McGarvey kept talking about their old club whilst playing for Celtic. Saints Fans used to chant both were still Saints. This forum was also regularly reporting kind words about the club from Stevie Clarke and Paul Lambert and even David van Zanten long after they left Paisley and we're on another clubs payroll.

St Mirren, for whatever reason, have made it a policy to sign ex Old Firm players. Scott Agnew, Lewis Morgan, Callum Gallagher are all ex Rangers and I'm sure there's many more to expect them to not show any interest in their ex club shows crass hypocrisy on the part of those complaining. This nonsense is just another reason to put players off signing for the club

No need for a complete ban on Social Media.What is needed is to educate players on what is acceptable to post.

I find it amazing that anybuddie can find it acceptable for players to post their love and support for a club that we are playing in less than 2 weeks.I'm not for a minute suggesting the 2 players will give less than 100%,if selected,but any mistakes they may make in that game gives our Fans ammunition to suggest otherwise.

If players don't like it then tough,don't sign for us.

I think it's a joke. St Mirren fans loved it when Frank McAvennie and Frank McGarvey kept talking about their old club whilst playing for Celtic. Saints Fans used to chant both were still Saints. This forum was also regularly reporting kind words about the club from Stevie Clarke and Paul Lambert and even David van Zanten long after they left Paisley and we're on another clubs payroll.

St Mirren, for whatever reason, have made it a policy to sign ex Old Firm players. Scott Agnew, Lewis Morgan, Callum Gallagher are all ex Rangers and I'm sure there's many more to expect them to not show any interest in their ex club shows crass hypocrisy on the part of those complaining. This nonsense is just another reason to put players off signing for the club

Obvious troll is obvious. Again.

Pretty much this.

A bit of a storm in a teacup, but they should stop and think about how their social media posts will be received prior to hitting the post button.

Carswell talking about 'now for the big one' did cross a line, in my view, and I found the addition of the butcher's apron to a number of tweets pretty distasteful.

For all that, did anyone else see the tweets from Tory Murdo Fraser? He was talking about the 'Queen's 11' etc. An absolute throbber of a man.

I really couldn't give a flying f**k what a player says on social media . I don't read it and deem it , one of my business. However , if it is comments regarding the industry he works in , then it can make it sensitive as far as his current employers are concerned. .

The use of the Union flag , is an attempt at antagonism . Again , doesn't bother me in the slightest because whether we like it or not it is still our flag. .

Your capacity for missing the point is enormous. (I'm aware that you're trolling as usual, but Ill play along as I'm bored)

There is a huge difference between kind words and making posts belittling the game you've just played in, with union jacks adorning your tweet and bragging about your side of the religious divide's victory in the national scumfest.

There is no policy to sign "ex Old Firm players". Of the 19 players we've signed this season for instance - permanently or on loan - this season, 2 players have actually played for either side of the old firm (Webster & Gallagher) while another 6 have been youth team players who never played a competitive game.

There are a number of ex old firm players, mainly because they hoover up the best of the youths at an early age, before dumping them when it becomes apparent they aren't ready made to be superstars in their team.

If a professional footballer is too stupid to know not to tweet support for a club we play in less than a fortnight, I've no sympathy whatsoever.

I don't think a ban is needed, just some trainng and education as to what is and isn't acceptable behaviour on social media. A job for each club to ensure every player knows where they stand on this and maybe even a job for the SPFA? Social media isn't going away, it's only going to expand and sensible use of it is required by everyone.

I am as sure as I can be that had these players been tweeting about their support for any other team such as Livingston or Alloa making a national cup final there wouldn't have been a peep on here.

This sounds like jealousy TBH and quite frankly it's a bit cringeworthy.

As for playing them in a fortnight, I'd expect any player who is a fan of them to be doubly determined to play well against them to get noticed.

I remember many years ago Motorola tried to pressure employees not to use phones by other suppliers.

This is in a similar vein to attempts to ban players from declaring support for other teams.

That tactic didn't work then and it won't work now.