Smirren Playing Staff And Social Media - A Ban Looming ?

We know professional football players are stupid - that's a given. What is sad is that forum users who would like to think of themselves as being intelligent are accusing others of being intolerant and bigoted, whilst being intolerant and bigoted towards the players who have made the tweets.

Seriously, what is wrong with posting a picture of a Union Flag - the flag of OUR COUNTRY! There should be nothing inflammatory about it at all and I reckon you'd need to be incredibly small minded and intolerant to think otherwise.

Another great piece of trolling- do u never get bored?

The Saltire is the flag of our country!!! The Union Jack although it pains to say is GBs Flag, Just thought I would bring you up to speed ya tit

Like it or not Rangers and Celtic are the two most popular and well supported clubs in Scottish Football, if you are going to ban Rangers and Celtic supporters from playing for St Mirren you are self harming at a level that should see you sectioned. Honestly, people used to laugh when Rangers refused to sign Catholics, but this latest farce goes beyond absurd.

Ok troll boy, no one is banning players, this about tweeting, what should be kept out of public domain, I bet they regret it now.

Oh and Rangers did used to not sign Catholics, but then they started, then they died. Or does that just hurt you a wee bit. Still Petrofac and 3 SPL titles with Internationals is quite an achievement, all managed with only a £40m bank roll

Another great piece of trolling- do u never get bored?

The Saltire is the flag of our country!!! The Union Jack although it pains to say is GBs Flag, Just thought I would bring you up to speed ya tit

The Union FLAG is our national flag. The Union Jack is only is flown on a boat. And Scotland as a country within the United Kingdom can't fathom out if the Saltire or the Lion Rampant represents us more.

The Union FLAG is our national flag. The Union Jack is only is flown on a boat. And Scotland as a country within the United Kingdom can't fathom out if the Saltire or the Lion Rampant represents us more.

Might be your national flag but then again your a Tory Troll Tosser.

Ok troll boy, no one is banning players, this about tweeting, what should be kept out of public domain, I bet they regret it now.

Oh and Rangers did used to not sign Catholics, but then they started, then they died. Or does that just hurt you a wee bit. Still Petrofac and 3 SPL titles with Internationals is quite an achievement, all managed with only a £40m bank roll

What the f**k are you on? I couldn't give a shite what trophies "Rangers" have won. Remember I was one of only two people in that boardroom in 2012 who insisted that "Rangers" should be forced down the same fate as Airdrionians and Gretna before them. I did so in the face of St Mirren supporters who were happy to ensure "Rangers" had the easiest and quickest rise back to the top bending every f**king rule to do so - so long as the ticket lady didn't lose her job. My credentials are not in doubt here. I'm patently no "Old Firm" supporter.

Rangers did have a policy of not signing Catholics and Jock Stein used it to Celtic's advantage. It's not just folklore that suggests that when Stein had the choice of a Catholic or a Protestant he'd sign the Protestant cause it denied Rangers two players. There are several instances of that throughout the 60's and the 70's. You though want to hand advantage to every other club in Scotland by hounding out every Rangers or Celtic supporter from playing for "your club" - and why? Cause you are intolerant of them - and only them as you don't seem to care about people who grew up supporting Alloa or Livingston. You're the f**king troll surely - cause I can't believe there really is someone as stupid as you in real life. :rolleyes:

Show me the bigoted behaviour from our players and I will stop posting for a month.

Supporting the sectarian Tribute Act makes them bigots and flaunting the Union Flag confirms it.

Ta ta

Your hilarious as always, its not Alloa, is it?? Only a true Cretan would miss the point here.

What most of us humans haven't missed over the past 4 years, is the crap that comes with Rangers/Celtic, the totally disregard for anyone but themselves and the vile historical crap that spouts from the Neanderthals that support them.

To have 2 of our players, publically announce support of any kind, just shows they also are idiots and very stupid. It also is disrespectful. Again if you cant see that then you may as well go get a season ticket with them.

As they said in the good old days, you cant shoot people for what they think so basically, keep it to yourselves and shut up

What national paper was the three papers were they in ? Are we talking face book and twitter ? These are media's for their friends is my thinking. Maybe I am different in that I have no interest in comments in such media on any of our staff as I see that for their own personal friends. If they grow up supporting the old firm then who am I to condemned that. I agree I don't like what they stand for however I know none bigot people who support both. I don't get spitting the dummy out over who supports who really don't give a f**k.

Hmm, I've got a Union Flag on a number of items around my house. I'm not bigoted in the slightest. I'm just proud to buy British.

And so am I proud to British and would wave a Union Flag also.

I would not wave one at a football match and disgrace Britain by behaving in a moronic manner. And deliberately abusing fellow British people who may not be one of The People.

They are the shame of Britain.

Nothing like you or me

And you f**king know it.

I find it amazing that anybuddie can find it acceptable for players to post their love and support for a club that we are playing in less than 2 weeks.I'm not for a minute suggesting the 2 players will give less than 100%,if selected,but any mistakes they may make in that game gives our Fans ammunition to suggest otherwise.

I hate quoting myself but the above says it all.End of story.

And so am I proud to British and would wave a Union Flag also.

I would not wave one at a football match and disgrace Britain by behaving in a moronic manner. And deliberately abusing fellow British people who may not be one of The People.

They are the shame of Britain.

Nothing like you or me

And you f**king know it.

Shull I abhor the bigotry that blights our game. You know that as would most who have been around the forums and the guestbooks as long as I have. I've no time for it in the slightest. But the Union Flag is not an emblem of bigotry - nor is the Irish Tricolour for that matter - no matter how people wish to hijack it.

As far as I understand it neither Carswell or Agnew used any bigoted language in any of their "offending" posts on Twitter, they simply posted comments on the Sunday match indicating who they wished to do well. I can't believe the molehill that is being made out of this - especially when the club has previous when Paul McGowan was accused of doing much worse at a Celtic match and excuses were made for him.

Everyone should calm the f**k down and realise that when your club appeals to just 3,000 people out of a population of 5.3million, you are going to have to sign players who are not dyed in the wool St Mirren fans to get a squad with any quality in it at all.

The only things about the whole saga that annoys me is the fact Carswell made it obvious that the Rangers game was HIS important game at the weekend. Our derby game took a back seat in his view which isn't acceptable as we pay his wages. But he's just another in a long line of footballers who go on Twatter and post comments without realizing the effect it may have.

I don't give a f**k if him, Agnew or anyone else supports the old firm, it should be expected as they are the big 2 in our country, but they must show respect to those who employ them and go along and support them each week. I hate twitter so i am all for banning players from commenting on certain issues as all it does is cause bother.

I hate quoting myself but the above says it all.End of story.

Possibly HSS - it's certainly not the smartest thing to do but the reaction from the support has been horrific. It's a fact of life that football players will have an affinity to one club or another and censoring their comments / banning them on social media is heavy handed in the extreme. Tony Fitzpatrick was a hero of mine but it seems since he took on this role he's been so desperate to please St Mirren fans he's careering from one blunder to the next.

As I said - intolerant which in turn makes you a bigot

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

Intolerant of your type absolutely. And as you see throughout this thread, that Carswell, who can support any team he likes for all we care, feels the need to put a Union Jack up. You see that is what The Rangers represent, its got fk all to do with football, that's just a by product, and by the looks of things, a very expensive one.

So whilst you preach to me what my national flag is, that I am the bigot, and do what pricks like you do with is deflect. The fact you were any where near a Saints boardroom is worrying.

You talk the biggest pile of pish, you always take the stance that most on here are wrong, but you are the light.

Mate your a fking moron, and a fking troll.

But hey that's only my view, I am sure your mum loves you

Edited by DougJamie

Intolerant of your type absolutely. And as you see throughout this thread, that Carswell, who can support any team he likes for all we care, feels the need to put a Union Jack up. You see that is what The Rangers represent, its got fk all to do with football, that's just a by product, and by the looks of things, a very expensive one.

So whilst you preach to me what my national flag is, that I am the bigot, and do what pricks like you do with is deflect. The fact you were any where near a Saints boardroom is worrying.

You talk the biggest pile of pish, you always take the stance that most on here are wrong, but you are the light.

Mate your a fking moron, and a fking troll.

But hey that's only my view, I am sure your mum loves you

I'm certainly the light - and you are certainly wrong. You are also certainly moronic, especially given the state of this post.

Good luck to you sir. I'll let you get back to biting your ear now....:rolleyes:

We know professional football players are stupid - that's a given. What is sad is that forum users who would like to think of themselves as being intelligent are accusing others of being intolerant and bigoted, whilst being intolerant and bigoted towards the players who have made the tweets.

Seriously, what is wrong with posting a picture of a Union Flag - the flag of OUR COUNTRY! There should be nothing inflammatory about it at all and I reckon you'd need to be incredibly small minded and intolerant to think otherwise.

Are you being deliberately obtuse? You really think the union flag is waved by Rangers fans as a show of support for the United Kingdom? Are you pretending to be oblivious to the religious and political connotations of both the union flag and the tricolour when used at football matches? Or are you that naive? Bit of both? Nope - you're just a poor troll.

Being intolerant of bigots or those with bigoted tendencies is a position I'm more than happy to accept as my own.

Are you being deliberately obtuse? You really think the union flag is waved by Rangers fans as a show of support for the United Kingdom? Are you pretending to be oblivious to the religious and political connotations of both the union flag and the tricolour when used at football matches? Or are you that naive? Bit of both? Nope - you're just a poor troll.

Being intolerant of bigots or those with bigoted tendencies is a position I'm more than happy to accept as my own.

You are being intolerant of all "Rangers" fans regardless of whether they are bigoted or not. That's your intolerance. You've got them all guilty by association rather than by deed and action, and what's worse is you've allowed your bigoted view to cloud the way you see YOUR OWN national flag. Can you imagine if all employers in Scotland followed your example and the example of others on here and sacked every "Rangers" fan on the basis of the name of the club they support? The industrial tribunal business would be the one to be in that's for sure.

I suggest you turn off your PC, go sit in a wee darkened room for a while and consider just how big a hypocrite you have been on this thread. You never know, it might even make you a better person. :rolleyes:

Div do us all a favour and end this shite, I am squirming with embarrassment at some of the comments, all these keyboard warriors should get a life

Leave it be.

What gas Div got to do with a legal Thread?

Read summat else.

You are being intolerant of all "Rangers" fans regardless of whether they are bigoted or not. That's your intolerance. You've got them all guilty by association rather than by deed and action, and what's worse is you've allowed your bigoted view to cloud the way you see YOUR OWN national flag. Can you imagine if all employers in Scotland followed your example and the example of others on here and sacked every "Rangers" fan on the basis of the name of the club they support? The industrial tribunal business would be the one to be in that's for sure.

I suggest you turn off your PC, go sit in a wee darkened room for a while and consider just how big a hypocrite you have been on this thread. You never know, it might even make you a better person. :rolleyes:

Why don't the vast majority of the Crowd (decent human beings) at Ibrox shut the moronic bigots (tiny minority) up?

Maybe they are all too busy tapping their f**king feet.