Smirren Playing Staff And Social Media - A Ban Looming ?

Guest TPAFKATS

You really aren't very clever if you don't know that it wasn't the flag that committed these acts. It was the people.....including Scots.....who profiteered massively from its position within the Union. The Union Flag is OUR flag. To get upset and angry by it is just f**king bizarre and to accuse a flag of wrongdoing is quite simply madness.

I don't believe I said any of that. Of course, you may have assumed it simply to forward your own trolling agenda.

BTW can you explain what 'it was the people who profiteered massively from its position within the union' actually means? The union flags position within the union?

Guest TPAFKATS

Come on Tony FFS this is a puerile argument.

It isn't 1900 any more.

The Union Flag is not a sectarian symbol.

It's ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

It continued long after 1900, not just in the British Isles.

The union flag is a flag, similarly a swastika is a 2 dimensional decorative shape. It's the use and the context that is sectarian, racist etc.

As I said - intolerant which in turn makes you a bigot

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

That description sums up a lot of people who regularly post on this website. The thread from a couple of seasons ago about a Church wanting to use St. Mirren Park to hold their services and the despicable way certain individuals behaved on the Referendum thread made it clear how intolerant and abusive some people on here really are. Some people can't hold back on their feelings on certain subjects and their blood boils through them until they can no longer control themselves as they froth at the mouth with their evil bile ways and their disgusting antics. Yet, the rules of this website state clearly when joining that such behaviour will not be accepted. Hhmmm...

Might be your national flag but then again your a Tory Troll Tosser.

LOL! As I said...

Some people can't hold back on their feelings on certain subjects and their blood boils through them until they can no longer control themselves as they froth at the mouth with their evil bile ways and their disgusting antics.

It continued long after 1900, not just in the British Isles.

The union flag is a flag, similarly a swastika is a 2 dimensional decorative shape. It's the use and the context that is sectarian, racist etc.

Are you actually comparing the Union flag to the swastika?

FFS.

I don't believe I said any of that. Of course, you may have assumed it simply to forward your own trolling agenda.

BTW can you explain what 'it was the people who profiteered massively from its position within the union' actually means? The union flags position within the union?

From the ACT OF UNION, not from a flag. You'd need to be an utter moron to think a flag enslaved people, invaded lands, and ran plantations. Scotland has benefited greatly from our political union and from the trade it gained from the Empire.

That description sums up a lot of people who regularly post on this website. The thread from a couple of seasons ago about a Church wanting to use St. Mirren Park to hold their services and the despicable way certain individuals behaved on the Referendum thread made it clear how intolerant and abusive some people on here really are. Some people can't hold back on their feelings on certain subjects and their blood boils through them until they can no longer control themselves as they froth at the mouth with their evil bile ways and their disgusting antics. Yet, the rules of this website state clearly when joining that such behaviour will not be accepted. Hhmmm...

Absolutely. But then the club is good at hypocrisy. In it's terms of admission to the stadium the club used to state that political rhetoric was banned - yet the Commercial Manager has for years sold track side advertising to MSP's and MP's from both the SNP and the Labour Party. The club EVEN invited Alex Salmond to open the new stadium.

Guest TPAFKATS

From the ACT OF UNION, not from a flag. You'd need to be an utter moron to think a flag enslaved people, invaded lands, and ran plantations. Scotland has benefited greatly from our political union and from the trade it gained from the Empire.

Yes, you be an utter moron...

Absolutely. But then the club is good at hypocrisy. In it's terms of admission to the stadium the club used to state that political rhetoric was banned - yet the Commercial Manager has for years sold track side advertising to MSP's and MP's from both the SNP and the Labour Party. The club EVEN invited Alex Salmond to open the new stadium.

In what way do the advertising boards for political parties at our ground display actual political rhetoric? Vote X or Vote Y is hardly rhetoric.

I am at a loss to understand why the club should not have invited the First Minister of Scotland to open the new stadium. Oh, wait .... he was an SNP First Minister!! rolleyes.gif

I believe it was my Tweet to Scott Agnew that started all of this.

I completely understand that most of our players will be supporters of other clubs and watching their matches but find it completely unacceptable for them to post support along with Union Jack emojis and the likes.

I have no problem with them using social media and did not intend for them or expect them to be banned from using it totally, but a lesson on how to conduct themselves whilst under contract at the club would be ideal. Alex Rae included, he's one of the biggest culprits.

I completely understand that most of our players will be supporters of other clubs and watching their matches but find it completely unacceptable for them to post support along with Union Jack emojis and the likes.

I have no problem with them using social media and did not intend for them or expect them to be banned from using it totally, but a lesson on how to conduct themselves whilst under contract at the club would be ideal. Alex Rae included, he's one of the biggest culprits.

Can I ask why you feel the need to follow players and staff on social media. Maybe I'm just old school as I really don't get it.

FFS.

Just FFS.

Our fans.......what a shower.

FFS.

Just FFS.

Our fans.......what a shower.

It's all about respect.

In my workplace, I'm asked not to post anything/give an opinion on social media about what is happening with competitors or else I'd get the boot/disciplined whilst under contract. It would be all over the newspapers and I would upset a lot of people/customers if I did. Football is no different.

It's quite unsavoury knowing that some players' are paying attention to other matches when their focus should be on ourselves keeping afloat, particularly when it's guys like Agnew/Carswell, who played next to no part in our match to proceed to post their support for others.

Again, there's no real problem with footballers using social media, they just need to be shown how to conduct themselves on it whilst attached to our club. The fact that they're being told how to behave publicly by the CEO epitomises that.

It's all about respect.

In my workplace, I'm asked not to post anything/give an opinion on social media about what is happening with competitors or else I'd get the boot/disciplined whilst under contract. It would be all over the newspapers and I would upset a lot of people/customers if I did. Football is no different.

It's quite unsavoury knowing that some players' are paying attention to other matches when their focus should be on ourselves keeping afloat, particularly when it's guys like Agnew/Carswell, who played next to no part in our match to proceed to post their support for others.

Again, there's no real problem with footballers using social media, they just need to be shown how to conduct themselves on it whilst attached to our club. The fact that they're being told how to behave publicly by the CEO epitomises that.

You can't expect respect from people when you don't show them respect yourself.

Edited by oaksoft