Alex Rae In The Rangers End At Old Firm Game

Just thought if out this out

There. Alex Rae was in with the rangers fans on Sunday I find this incredible I know he's a rangers die hard but he's a manager of st mirren u don't sit in the rangers end

Everyone has an opinion but for he it's wrong. ImageUploadedByBlack & White Army1461103896.633087.jpg

You need to get a f**king life bud

Alex Rae became St Mirren manager when the club were in free fall and looking at risk of being relegated for the second year in a row or being involved in the relegation play off. A poor start to the season had seen our assistant manager leave by mutual consent after a few months of the season, Alex Miller brought in to mentor a struggling manager and results continued to go the wrong way with no improvement in performances either.

Alex Rae has made all the right noises in public about his new job at St Mirren... glad to be given the opportunity to work at a great club and has said that with the stadium, training ground etc we are an SPL club facility wise, stuck in the Championship and he wants to return us to the top flight. His twitter account no longer bangs on about his love of Rangers and often promotes St Mirren FC as well as promoting recovery from addictions (his only Rangers related tweets have been about wishing Gazza and Ricksen well - both have wrestled publicly with their demons over the years).

While I'm not a fan of the standard of football we've seen during his time in charge I will gladly point out, that with a limited budget to spend in January his signing have been better than Tommy Craig and Gary Teale's signings, and if the improvement in the quality of football has been modest at best so far, we can have no complains about the improvement in results. We had no home league wins until he took over and after recording our first home league win we have won most of our home games since then. He has definitely saved us from relegation this year and fulfilled the top priority when he took over by some margin and may just take us to a 5th placed finish.

How he wants to spend a day off after another home win and another derby win is of no great interest to me. If he has gone with friends / family to support his favourite team then so what?

Were there any other games in Scotland he should have been at instead, scouting or taking notes on the opposition? No.

Perhaps he comes across so well in the media and at the fans' question and answer night because he watches games from the cheap seats with real supporters and knows how real fans feel and think?

Your posts on this thread and about trolling Carswell on twitter (and moaning when he finally took the bait and bit back) say a lot more about you and your integrity than reflecting badly on Alex Rae.

FFS. Let's set this straight once and for all.

The vast majority on here don't give a toss who a footballer/manager supports. I don't give a shit who Carswell, Agnew, Rae or anyone else is a fan of.

However, it is beyond f**king idiotic to put onto a public forum a post which more or less decries the Derby match you've just 'participated' in as part of your employment as a side show to 'The Big One'. It's completely disrespectful to the club, it's fans and the staff.

I'd have said the same thing had it been, for example, Darren McGregor (when he played for us) publicly pushing a derby victory over our local rival to one side as he was more enthused about watching a Hibs v Hearts match.

It's really not that difficult to grasp why Carswell's comments would piss off people who attend week-in week-out.

There. Alex Rae was in with the rangers fans on Sunday I find this incredible I know he's a rangers die hard but he's a manager of st mirren u don't sit in the rangers end

Everyone has an opinion but for he it's wrong. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBlack & White Army1461103896.633087.jpg

Carswell and Agnew getting it tight fir comments. When our manager is in with the ficking cretins. What's he gona do last game of season start singing the sash with rest of them Think it's realy poor

FFS, have you not made a big enough cnut of yourself for the one day?

Good god!

PS Your spelling and grammar are fcuking embarrassing, just thought I'd throw that out there. 1eye.gif

Edited by faraway saint

Everyone has an opinion but for he it's wrong. ImageUploadedByBlack & White Army1461103896.633087.jpg

Your an absolute clown.

Everyone has an opinion but for he it's wrong. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBlack & White Army1461103896.633087.jpg

Make up your mind, 1 minute your on Twitter congratulating Rae after the Morton game now you are posting shite about him on here?

An absolute stoater.

post-2585-0-70432500-1461134752_thumb.pn

It reminds me of wee Gowser at a Sellick game on video but the wee man didn't do anything wrong and didn't join in on the sectarian song they were singing all around him. .always thought Gowser was great , especially when he scored against either of those Glesca sides. .

. .I say bring back wee Anxious , is to blame. .

Mon the Mirren. .

Would have thought as an ex-player and manager of a current championship team he'd have got hospitality

Couldn't care less. Our players have been going to watch either of the old firm for years.

Cheesy would come watch us if Dung didn't have a game. What's the difference?

I couldn't care less about them attending these games and supporting their team. Just keep it off social media and everything is fine.

Also Steven McGarry used to come and watch us when Ross County and Motherwell weren't playing.

Players and managers from other teams at home and in Europe all travel and watch games in grounds that are not of their home teams. Plenty selfies out there to demonstrate this and in fact it's almost de rigueur for players to be seen in Milan, Madrid, Paris, even Glesca rolleyes.gif taking in a game. Whoopdef**kin dooo. They don't all sit in the director's box either, how could they ?

Point is and has been made quite clearly in numerous posts now, its the lack of discipline or control over expressing support for another team that's the stupid act in all this. That some players are just thick cnunts, some are also a bit moronic ( look at McGowan off his face at Sellic games in the past ) it's all par for the course. Behve like a moron, expect pelters, but to restrict your movements in attending other games, erm naw.

It's just sad that some players choose to express themselves in less than professional or appropriate manner and yup Social media thrives on it, but what can you do , really ??????

As long as their is mock outrage and easily offended, then its going to continue to be an 'issue'

Edit to add..........I'll fess up, I was at St James Park last season and sat next to Kym Marsh ( supposedly a Man Utd fan, but she's still a ride ) and Man utd were not the opposition, shockeroonee, scandalous , or just dead gallus thumbup2.gif

Edited by Seaside Nipper

I doubt there are many St.Mirren fans amongst the 1st team squad.

What they do in their spare time is entirely up to them as far as I'm concerned.

The manager is a Rangers fan. So what?

and a big supporter of Fan Ownership BTW had many chats wiith him on it pre his St Mirren tenuer

You've got to laugh at the posters on here spitting the dummy and refusing to attend the last match of our season, the last match Goodwin & Thompson will every play for St Mirren, because they are so disgusted by the Rangers support and all that Rangers stand for....

....And then say it is fine for the manager of the club to be sitting amongst the knuckledraggers at Hampden!!

You cant have it both ways chaps.

Billy is correct: The manager of St Mirren should not be sitting in with the Rangers support and supporting a club we are about to play in a competitive fixture in two weeks time! And that is leaving aside the fact they are an utter cancer on Scottish society...

If you really don't think this is a big deal then I expect you will stop harming the club with your attempts to get St Mirren fans to not attend the final match of our season.

You've got to laugh at the posters on here spitting the dummy and refusing to attend the last match of our season, the last match Goodwin & Thompson will every play for St Mirren, because they are so disgusted by the Rangers support and all that Rangers stand for....

....And then say it is fine for the manager of the club to be sitting amongst the knuckledraggers at Hampden!!

You cant have it both ways chaps.

Billy is correct: The manager of St Mirren should not be sitting in with the Rangers support and supporting a club we are about to play in a competitive fixture in two weeks time! And that is leaving aside the fact they are an utter cancer on Scottish society...

If you really don't think this is a big deal then I expect you will stop harming the club with your attempts to get St Mirren fans to not attend the final match of our season.

So you genuinely cannot see the distinction between St Mirren ST holders (many of whom take their kids along) being ejected from their seats to accommodate The Rangers supporters, and someone trawling social media to smear the manager who was attending another fitba match?

In any event, if I choose not to subject myself to slabbering bigots, that my call. If Alex Rae is cool with it, that's his.

Don't worry folks, I have plenty of zip ties!