Alex Rae In The Rangers End At Old Firm Game

The team are playing pretty well again, the sale of the club is moving forward in a direction most seem to like, the new supporters bar is finally open, and we've just humped Morton in the derby.

Looks like all this positivity is just too much for some people who are digging very deep to find something to be annoyed about !

I genuinely

Think

When your a manager. There are certain ways of conducting yourself. I agree what he does on his spare time is upto him

But I do genuinely think if a current manager of a team in same division is in with a opposition support. This is wrong.

So you're now on the board as part of the fans takeover, would you.

a) Sack him.

B) Discipline him.

c) Tell him in no uncertain terms that he's barred from watching the team he supports.

d) Some other option.

You've got to laugh at the posters on here spitting the dummy and refusing to attend the last match of our season, the last match Goodwin & Thompson will every play for St Mirren, because they are so disgusted by the Rangers support and all that Rangers stand for....

....And then say it is fine for the manager of the club to be sitting amongst the knuckledraggers at Hampden!!

You cant have it both ways chaps.

Billy is correct: The manager of St Mirren should not be sitting in with the Rangers support and supporting a club we are about to play in a competitive fixture in two weeks time! And that is leaving aside the fact they are an utter cancer on Scottish society...

If you really don't think this is a big deal then I expect you will stop harming the club with your attempts to get St Mirren fans to not attend the final match of our season.

I was hacked-off to see Celtic signage go up above the St Mirren shop. I was hacked-off to see Celtic branding go up on our tunnel and dugouts..... I wasn't bothered that the stadium was hired to Celtic though. I just think St Mirren's directors should have drawn a wee line in the sand at certain points though.

But.... I can't have it both ways. If I'm hacked-off with the signage I should be hacked-off that Celtic were there in the first place.

Sorry, just doesn't work like that.

Edited by pozbaird

The team are playing pretty well again, the sale of the club is moving forward in a direction most seem to like, the new supporters bar is finally open, and we've just humped Morton in the derby.

Looks like all this positivity is just too much for some people who are digging very deep to find something to be annoyed about !

Exactly and it worries me that we think, as a support, we can manage a fan buy-out when this is the nonsense some spout.

Just thought if out this out

There. Alex Rae was in with the rangers fans on Sunday I find this incredible I know he's a rangers die hard but he's a manager of st mirren u don't sit in the rangers end

Everyone has an opinion but for he it's wrong. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBlack & White Army1461103896.633087.jpg

What's with the witch hunt. Is this your third thread regarding The Rangers and St Mirren staff can you explain what you are trying to achieve here ? Can only say from my side you are pissing me off more than Alex Rae or any of our players who support Rangers because you seem a trouble maker who hides behind curtains spreading gossip on the street go get a life idiot.

Guys, get a life.

Through the years we have signed players from both Celtic and Rangers, and on many occasions these players have openly been supporters of the same clubs and when not plying their trade with Saints (and doing it perfectly well) they no doubt would attend Celtic of Rangers games with their mates........ the only difference being that they weren't captured on film or camera.

If our whole squad supported either of the old firm, I wouldn't give a toss, as long as when they pull on the black & white stripes, or climb into the dugout they are giving it their all for their employer.

Close the thread, it's digging for digging's sake.

Guys, get a life.

Through the years we have signed players from both Celtic and Rangers, and on many occasions these players have openly been supporters of the same clubs and when not plying their trade with Saints (and doing it perfectly well) they no doubt would attend Celtic of Rangers games with their mates........ the only difference being that they weren't captured on film or camera.

If our whole squad supported either of the old firm, I wouldn't give a toss, as long as when they pull on the black & white stripes, or climb into the dugout they are giving it their all for their employer.

Close the thread, it's digging for digging's sake.

Eh?

Have you read the thread?

The vast majority are ridiculing the OP.

Close the thread, why when it mostly shows support for the manager?

I couldn't care less what he does In his spare time as long he is doing a good job at St Mirren what does it matter ? We knew when Alex took the job that he was a big Rangers man but he has done a superb job with us so far!

There are far more pressing concerns at the moment to focus on currently such as the future of our club.....

Edited by gazmc83

You've got to laugh at the posters on here spitting the dummy and refusing to attend the last match of our season, the last match Goodwin & Thompson will every play for St Mirren, because they are so disgusted by the Rangers support and all that Rangers stand for....

....And then say it is fine for the manager of the club to be sitting amongst the knuckledraggers at Hampden!!

You cant have it both ways chaps.

Billy is correct: The manager of St Mirren should not be sitting in with the Rangers support and supporting a club we are about to play in a competitive fixture in two weeks time! And that is leaving aside the fact they are an utter cancer on Scottish society...

If you really don't think this is a big deal then I expect you will stop harming the club with your attempts to get St Mirren fans to not attend the final match of our season.

Idiotic attempt to link two entirely unrelated issues.

Almost eclipsing the daftness of the op. Quite an achievement there.

Edited by BuddieinEK

Lol got to laugh

Y post isn't about. Who he supports.

In my opinion. Managers should sit in with the shirt and tie brigade.

Tell me when u ever see a current manager sitting in with opposition fans

Maybe you can tell me how a relatively lowly manager could manage to get in among the "shirt and tie brigade" at a national cup semi-final.

Edited by smcc

What's with the witch hunt. Is this your third thread regarding The Rangers and St Mirren staff can you explain what you are trying to achieve here ? Can only say from my side you are pissing me off more than Alex Rae or any of our players who support Rangers because you seem a trouble maker who hides behind curtains spreading gossip on the street go get a life idiot.

OOOERRR, Don't mention lurking and curtains and spreading on here, unless maybe there is a happy ending after all whistling.gif

Don't care who the manager supports as long as if and when that club plays the Saints he shows a passion that we can abide with. The picture from the OP means nothing, he is at a game, he is not wearing anything that suggests he is supporting Rangers and a fan asks for a selfie with him. What next? Everytime a Saints player is asked for a selfie he has to make sure that the person asking is a saints fan.

Just thought if out this out

There. Alex Rae was in with the rangers fans on Sunday I find this incredible I know he's a rangers die hard but he's a manager of st mirren u don't sit in the rangers end

Everyone has an opinion but for he it's wrong. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBlack & White Army1461103896.633087.jpg

I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but for me your opinion is just plain wrong. Who cares what Alex Rae does in his spare time, its not as if we did not know Alex Rae was a Rangers fan, just like former chairperson of St.Mirren John Corson who held a Rangers season ticket, both however did and are doing in Alex Rae's position their upmost for St.Mirren,

If things like this carry such importance for you in which you seem to making a big deal about nothing, then perhaps you might wish to attend an other teams games, but you wont because your a St.Mirren supporter through and through. As long as Alex Rae continues to bring us the results he has done to date and given he will have the opportunity of a full close season to improve on our performances, I do not have any problem with this non-issue.

Almost everyone on here has took the wrong end of my post.

Is it ok for a current manager in sane division to sit in with there teams support. I don't think I've ever seen it before

No - everyone has you sussed.

You are a serial stalker of our players online and a true internet troll.

I remember you abusing one of our 19 year olds under the same name seen on your tweet (Mallan was it?).

You have form and you need to leave these people alone and get on with your own life.

What you are doing is borderline illegal and you are going to get yourself in bother.

Either way you'll get no support on here for your weird psycho behaviour.

Edited by oaksoft

If i was Alex Rae i would seriously wonder what a pea brained club i was the manager of.The last umpteen managers had an allegiance to either one of the old firm and low and behold we have now got one who has given us a bit of stability and hope for the future and some of our support are up in arms because he attended a football match.He was not wearing a magic hat nor a no surrender scarve but observing a game involving his boyhood team.

I,ve no doubt there were a number of managers and players attending this game who had a leaning to either side and i have no problem with that whatsoever as its their day off and they are entitled to do whatever they like.Our managerial team have come in for unjust criticism because of who they support but i dont think for a minute it would interfere with how they feel about St Mirren.

Time to put it to bed.FTOF.

I remember you abusing one of our 19 year olds under the same name seen on your tweet (Mallan was it?).

You have form and you need to leave these people alone and get on with your own life.

What you are doing is borderline illegal and you are going to get yourself in bother.

To be fair, you're a tad on the weird side yourself. wink.png

You for real. Saying footballers are playing shit. Or are not good enough is border line illegal. Lol

f**k me. This is not about rangers. Or celtic . It's about a manager sitting in with the support for another real in our division. I'm pretty sure you'd have seen McNamara whilst utd manager in Celtic eve.

It's not about old firm so get that out your head

I'm saying I've never seen a current manager sitting in with another support

Edited by billymehmet1

f**k me. This is not about rangers. Or critic. It's about a manager sitting in with the support for another real in our division. I'm pretty sure you'd have seen McNamara whilst utd manager in Celtic eve.

It's not about old firm so get that out your head

I'm saying I've never seen a current manager sitting in with another support

And I don't abuse anyone I comment on footballing ability. Sane way as you go to a restaurant u get a shit meal u moan or complain Edited by billymehmet1

And I don't abuse anyone I comment on footballing ability. Sane way as you go to a restaurant u get a shit meal u moan or complain

Did you, or did you not refer to two players as 'cunts'?

If someone called me a c**t, I would feel somewhat abused. Would you?