Alex Rae In The Rangers End At Old Firm Game

Those who want to turn a blind eye are the very reason we still have an Old Firm.

We had a chance to get rid of Rangers for good in 2012, which, at the same time, would have been Celtic's death knell.

It would have been a huge improvement not just to Scottish football but to society in general.

This is the most important issue in Scottish football. By far.

Rae and Carswell should both be sacked.

I won't be back till they are both gone. The club needs to make a stand.

You don't think that maybe it's the huge worldwide following that both those clubs have? All your other statements there are barely worth looking at. They'd attach themselves to someone else, Airdrie for example, and I really doubt society would change that much. Everyone in Scottish football says they aren't a new club, so it's more a Parma situation than Halifax for example.

Actually, your statement about not coming back should be applauded so long as it includes this forum.

Those who want to turn a blind eye are the very reason we still have an Old Firm.

We had a chance to get rid of Rangers for good in 2012, which, at the same time, would have been Celtic's death knell.

It would have been a huge improvement not just to Scottish football but to society in general.

This is the most important issue in Scottish football. By far.

Rae and Carswell should both be sacked.

I won't be back till they are both gone. The club needs to make a stand.

You haven't been, and didn't intend to come "back" anyway ya trumpet. bangin.gifbangin.gifbangin.gif

Well, we know that you don't

You are the thousands of others who don't give a fcuk ate the very reason why sectarianism in Scotland wasn't stamped out in 2012.

Rae & Carswell must go.

English please. 1eye.gif

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

You're funny. bye1.gif

Edited by faraway saint

I would think our manager would love to manage the team he supports.

We all would want to be involved at the team we support.

If Alex is able to prove to Rangers that he has that ability by, for instance, making us a consistent top six team in the SPL then I would thank him and wish him well.

Edited due to predictive text.

Edited by E=Mc2

Such a tender wee soul, disnae like a post which was very subtle but on the money, then ignores it . lol.gif

PS Get a room. 1eye.gif

Why do you often go back to a post you made after a while to add more to it? It's the sort of thing a troll might do...

I seriously wonder if some people actually hate the old firm more than they love their own club.

There's no need to wonder about it, Doctor. It is factually correct that some of our "fellow" St. Mirren "Supporters" love to hate the Old Firm than love St. Mirren. I suspect they are actually supporters of Celtic and Rangers in disguise and trying way too hard to hide their true leanings...

Why do you often go back to a post you made after a while to add more to it? It's the sort of thing a troll might do...

Aaaaannnnndd...you've done it again...

16 pages? Feck, you cannie count either. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

What part of "Who gives a fcuk" are you struggling with? 1eye.gif

1eye.gif

If Rae had taken a free ticket in with the prawn sandwich brigade he'd be accused of not putting money back into Scottish football or some such. He can't really win.

In all honesty, I dreaded something like this when Rae was appointed. I was concerned he would openly flaunt his Rangers leanings in the press and online, but to my pleasant surprise, he hasn't. He has been nothing but respectful towards his employers and the job at hand, and to the St Mirren supporters. He does not need to do this, but he has out of courtesy.

He isn't wearing Rangers "colours" in that photo. And as far as I'm aware, he wasn't belting out The Sash during the game. He is a paying supporter watching his former club (well, disguised as his former club). Unfortunately that club happens to be one of the Old Firm.

This is in stark contrast to Carswell's actions, who without any respect or regard for the club or fans who pay his wages, gladly belittled his team's local derby. In an era where St Mirren are trying to grow a fanbase and change a generation-old OF-centric mindset in Paisley/Renfrewshire, Carswell perpetuated this destructive way of thinking as an employee of the club, and should be setting a better example.

In sum; Rae = good guy, Carswell = wank.

If Rae had taken a free ticket in with the prawn sandwich brigade he'd be accused of not putting money back into Scottish football or some such. He can't really win.

In all honesty, I dreaded something like this when Rae was appointed. I was concerned he would openly flaunt his Rangers leanings in the press and online, but to my pleasant surprise, he hasn't. He has been nothing but respectful towards his employers and the job at hand, and to the St Mirren supporters. He does not need to do this, but he has out of courtesy.

He isn't wearing Rangers "colours" in that photo. And as far as I'm aware, he wasn't belting out The Sash during the game. He is a paying supporter watching his former club (well, disguised as his former club). Unfortunately that club happens to be one of the Old Firm.

This is in stark contrast to Carswell's actions, who without any respect or regard for the club or fans who pay his wages, gladly belittled his team's local derby. In an era where St Mirren are trying to grow a fanbase and change a generation-old OF-centric mindset in Paisley/Renfrewshire, Carswell perpetuated this destructive way of thinking as an employee of the club, and should be setting a better example.

Summed up perfectly.

Haven't read through all of this but 8 pages on a Rangers fan going to a Rangers game on his day off, not crowing about it on social media like some others leaves me slightly bewildered. Plenty of personalities were at the game last weekend, woop-de-do!

Alex Rae outed as a rangers fan. Why didn't the board know about this before appointing him.

Shocking

:-o

The fact that he's a Rangers fan isn't the issue. I think most folk can deal with that. We wouldn't get very far if we ignored everyone who supports the Old Firm.

But he should keep it to himself.

The fact that the St. Mirren manager was actually openly supporting Rangers at a live game in amongst Rangers supporters is the issue.

The fact that they are a club with a business model based on exploiting sectarianism, hatred and violence makes it worse.

Not surprised that you don't have a problem with that.

Edited by nosferatu

Guest TPAFKATS

The fact that he's a Rangers fan isn't the issue. I think most folk can deal with that. We wouldn't get very far if we ignored everyone who supports the Old Firm.

The fact that the St. Mirren manager was actually openly supporting Rangers at a live game in amongst Rangers supporters is the issue.

The fact that they are a club with a business model based on exploiting sectarianism, hatred and violence makes it worse.

Whoosh!

• 2 weeks later...

^^^^^utterly obsessed by the Old Firm.

He was also watching a team he knew we'd be facing in a league match a few weeks later.

It would be madness not to use that opportunity to do a bit of intelligence on them.

Nobody should be in any doubt here. Alex may well have wanted Rangers to win but there is absolutely no doubt he'd have been taking notes as well.

Of course I expect that hadn't occurred to the forum numpties.