Buy The Buds

buddiecat

Can anyone remember from the public meeting when Gordon and George said they would pay the 100k deposit for exclusivity ?

I see from the website that existing SMISA members have already agreed to commit the 20k from existing resources with Gordon putting up the remaining 80k

Edited by gazmc83

This is getting more complex by the post. So the ethical lender (whom I presume is different from clubs present banker) wants a security (presumably an all sums due and first ranking security) over the stadium and a floating charge. Meanwhile, there is already a standard security to The Scottish Sports Council and a floating charge to Clydesdale Bank. And they want this done before 2 June, your avin a laugh.

I think it's easier to understand that Gordon is pitching in £600K of his own money and looking to get it back in ten years tme versus a "social lender" giving us the money with all sorts of community involvement caveats (however valid those were).

We don't need to raise revenue through the void this time, we have ten years to pay it back and we have clarity from day one on who will actually call the majority of the shots on the board (Gordon).

I think for the rank & file this is a much easier propositon to follow, particularly since it's closely following what Hearts have already started, and been very successful with.

It is the Social Lender v Ethical Lender that i find interesting, generally these are actually the same organisations with a couple of exceptions but the vast majority will require all the social and community caveats 10000hours had, there are of course always new funds appearing so hopefully they have found one that will simply lend for the purposes of buying shares and still be able to have the ethical qualifications that has been stated, because there will be a big queue at their door from all sorts of fans groups very quickly

This is getting more complex by the post. So the ethical lender (whom I presume is different from clubs present banker) wants a security (presumably an all sums due and first ranking security) over the stadium and a floating charge. Meanwhile, there is already a standard security to The Scottish Sports Council and a floating charge to Clydesdale Bank. And they want this done before 2 June, your avin a laugh.

Sports Scotland and the Clydesdale will be easy to quickly deal with.

When i loaned the Club money it took a couple of letters to sort so would not think that particular bit would be difficult so long as you know who and how you need to speak to these orgs and of course so long as they dont perceive a risk bearing in mind CB is now its own floated PLC, howvere CB does not actually have a debt as such and SS is tiny and IIRC related to Ralston

With some posters coming on asking spurious questions, giving hypothetical scenarios, trying to muddy the waters and continually talking up the mystery 'other two' bids you would perhaps be forgiven for thinking they are on a Smisa thread with the intent to destabilise the bid???

They've got nae chance!

#BUYTHEBUDS

Sports Scotland and the Clydesdale will be easy to quickly deal with.

When i loaned the Club money it took a couple of letters to sort so would not think that particular bit would be difficult so long as you know who and how you need to speak to these orgs and of course so long as they dont perceive a risk bearing in mind CB is now its own floated PLC, howvere CB does not actually have a debt as such and SS is tiny and IIRC related to Ralston

so should present no trouble to the bid to resolve

#BUYTHEBUDS

Edited by rea

Douglas confirmed on Twitter that George can't appear on sport-sound due to election guidelines given his role as an MSP, anybody know who was the guy who was chairing the meeting prior to George and Gordon speaking , would they be willing to go on radio ?

thought so

Thanks, that's me out. That's a huge red flag.

We currently own our stadium outright. Without wanting to sound like Bomber Brown, we have the title deeds. Under this proposal we will give those up. That's a very slippery slope to go down, especially with a club with such an irregular and unpredictable income as ours. And as anyone with a mortgage will know, they aren't easy to get rid of. Particularly with interest rates set to rise in the near future.

I wish those involved all the best but personally I could never support a bid that involves giving up outright ownership of the clubs assets.

Hi TC I fully respect your decision. However I think your reason for deciding to opt out is flawed. In fact I believe the case you've made highlights the advantages of fans owning the club.

PS I've still to make my mind up but I'm moving closer to signing up.

A bit of feedback I received from someone was that they pledged to the 10000hours scheme because a lot of shit was hitting a lot of fans at a lot of other clubs at that time, and while St Mirren's need was not of the desperate nature of Rangers, Hearts, and others, they didn't want to see us possibly end up in the hands of a Romanov or Mileson type, and the 10000hours bid did not seem to be fronted by such brazen charlatans.

Now Rangers, Hearts, Motherwell even, seem relatively fixed up. The Sevco are now back as if they were Bobby Ewing in the shower having a bad dream, yet St Mirren remain unsold, SG remains in charge, and here we are with another campaign, another fresh battle for numbers, sign-ups, catch 22 situations and fuzzy references to 'other parties in the wings'.

Basically, they are just jaded with take-over talk and over six years with diddly-squat happening.

Any chance you can ask the questions you have? I'm sure many others would respect your experience on this subject.

As said elsewhere i find myself in a bit of a bind.

On the one hand i have questions, on the other hand i have been there and so i think it more helpful right now that i give the bid team the chance to breath and realise more info in there own time, something which i myself would have appreciated so only fair that i treat them the way i would like to be treated myself

interesting , I think many are sceptical because we are not in the " desperate " camp currently as we are relatively well run and debt free, where as the clubs you mentioned above were nearly at deaths door.

but we have to look at the big picture our club is well run, but it desperately needs new ideas and a real kick up the backside to get us moving and after listening to Gordon last week I firmly believe he is the man that can lead this along with fan involvement eventually resulting in fan control.

interesting , I think many are sceptical because we are not in the " desperate " camp currently as we are relatively well run and debt free, where as the clubs you mentioned above were nearly at deaths door.

but we have to look at the big picture our club is well run, but it desperately needs new ideas and a real kick up the backside to get us moving and after listening to Gordon last week I firmly believe he is the man that can lead this along with fan involvement eventually resulting in fan control.

Agree, and I've signed up, but the 'fed up with hearing about it after six years' view may, rightly or wrongly, be one that is held by a fair few people who might still join up, but are certainly in no hurry to leap in just now.

Agree, and I've signed up, but the 'fed up with hearing about it after six years' view may, rightly or wrongly, be one that is held by a fair few people who might still join up, but are certainly in no hurry to leap in just now.

I'm certainly sick of it and will be very glad when the club is sold and we can move on.

10000Hours and Argiegate were painful episodes.

Thankfully one way or the other we seem to be approaching D-Day.

Tell 10 to tell 10 to tell 10........

New page on Facebook (BuyTheBuds) where i've told 60 to tell 60 etc, Also have messaged every MLS clubs page in USA and Australian league teams pages. Along with telling everyone i meet.

Would be great if everyone who wants this to happen, tells everyone they meet to back the bid, because as stated before, word of mouth is the best way to get this across, people need to know about it before they know to go online and look for www.smisa.net

If you join BuyTheBuds on Facebook you can share it with everyone you know, 2 fine young chaps from this thread have already done so.

You can of course like and share the SMiSA page on Facebook.

Edited by buddiecat