Buy The Buds

buddiecat

If he becomes chairman GLS is going to have to deal with speaking to the media etc a lot more so he might as well get used to public appearances now.

It would also be good if he outlined a few more details for how he plans to change the running of the club. The safeguarding the club and injecting some freshness is all well and good but it would be good to hear how he plans to create that freshness.

If he becomes chairman GLS is going to have to deal with speaking to the media etc a lot more so he might as well get used to public appearances now.

It would also be good if he outlined a few more details for how he plans to change the running of the club. The safeguarding the club and injecting some freshness is all well and good but it would be good to hear how he plans to create that freshness.

I would hope that everyone at 'the top table' at the upcoming public meeting will outline their plans in all those areas Stu.

Rumours abound today about another bid being lodged this coming week, and even that the SMiSA/GLS bid could yet be gazumped.

Would be a brave bidder to charge in and push a fan led bid out the way to gain control so possibly just some more well planted stories to keep the pressure and focus on but suffice to say the information on said alternative bids came from two different and very credible sources.

Seems the asking price of under £1 million for the SMiSA bid has piqued some interest elsewhere.

Need to wait and see.

Rumours abound today about another bid being lodged this coming week, and even that the SMiSA/GLS bid could yet be gazumped.

Would be a brave bidder to charge in and push a fan led bid out the way to gain control so possibly just some more well planted stories to keep the pressure and focus on but suffice to say the information on said alternative bids came from two different and very credible sources.

Seems the asking price of under £1 million for the SMiSA bid has piqued some interest elsewhere.

Need to wait and see.

I was a Smisa member previously and have upped to £12 , but that doesn't mean I wouldn't be interested to hear what other prospective buyers have to say. If another bidder looks like the real deal , then I would be behind that too ! Whatever happens , we need Gilmour and Co to be gone by July !

I was a Smisa member previously and have upped to £12 , but that doesn't mean I wouldn't be interested to hear what other prospective buyers have to say. If another bidder looks like the real deal , then I would be behind that too ! Whatever happens , we need Gilmour and Co to be gone by July !

I'd be quite happy to hear what any alternative bidder had to say but unless they are involving the supporters from day one I can't really see how anyone could seriously start their ownership of the club by gazumping a fan led bid!

I'd be quite happy to hear what any alternative bidder had to say but unless they are involving the supporters from day one I can't really see how anyone could seriously start their ownership of the club by gazumping a fan led bid!

We keep hearing tittle-tattle and tit-bits of information about one, two, maybe three 'other bids'. As supporters we know next to hee-haw about them, or even if they actually exist. We hear a snippet that Chico could be involved in a bid? Yet we are urged to sign up quickly for the SMiSA/GLS bid partly because if we don't then 'the club WILL be sold'. From where I'm sitting, any of these external bids 'gazumping' the SMiSA/GLS bid is being painted as a bad thing, but as I say, we know zilch about any of them. REA posts single-line responses along the lines of 'the interest is real'.

Frankly, I'm just about fed-up with the whole bloody pantomime. I've signed-up, I've just renewed my ST, I spoke with a couple of mates to poke them in the ribs to gauge their interest in signing-up....

That's it. These mysterious bidders either exist or they don't. The fcuking veil of secrecy and Secret Squirrel shite is doing my nut in.

Someone nudge me if they break cover.

To be honest I do not see the level of enthusiasm for the 'fan led bid' that I had expected. I came back from holiday and signed up quickly however many mates (season ticket holders) have not signed up. Why I do not know exactly as their responses seemed to verge on the 'cannot be bothered' category.

I do not want the Club sold to some dodgy chancer but would be interested to know if credible alternatives exist. This information may even help get others to sign up to a 'fan led bid' if they do not like the alternative. These alternative bids are not doing us any good being in secret.

I think this time round with the Smisa bid we don't have the 'Armageddon' stories scaremongering and making it look like he club is in peril. So perhaps this is why there is apathy with some supporters who may otherwise have already signed up?

This is why it is so important to engage with your friends etc who may not have signed up yet, and talk through why this is the best opportunity we have had to steer the direction of the club before the sellers move on and flog it to A.N. Other that don't offer the fan led input the Smisa bid does.

Simply put if you want to shape the club's future, sign up now! Otherwise you will end up with little to no input, and all the frustrations we know that come with that.

I think this time round with the Smisa bid we don't have the 'Armageddon' stories scaremongering and making it look like he club is in peril. So perhaps this is why there is apathy with some supporters who may otherwise have already signed up?

This is why it is so important to engage with your friends etc who may not have signed up yet, and talk through why this is the best opportunity we have had to steer the direction of the club before the sellers move on and flog it to A.N. Other that don't offer the fan led input the Smisa bid does.

Simply put if you want to shape the club's future, sign up now! Otherwise you will end up with little to no input, and all the frustrations we know that come with that.

In regard to your last paragraph - that's where we've been as supporters since, well, since 1877? Little or no input. Frustrating? Not really. I watch the team, they win or lose, I go home. Since the invention of the internet, I go home and moan like fcuk on a fan forum. Sure, the BoD get to wear the club tie and swan around the directors lounges at Ipox and Porkheid, but they also have to run the joint, pay the players, keep the staff in jobs and devote a ton of their time, effort and at times money, into keeping the whole shooting match on the rails. I just moan like fcuk then forget about it. Until the next game.

If these 'other bids' are real and waiting in the wings, unless we know who they are, why St Mirren, and how they plan to run the joint, then why should we be scared? Why should we be desperate to see SMiSA/GLS prevail?

We know absolutely zero. Well, REA does.

In regard to your last paragraph - that's where we've been as supporters since, well, since 1877? Little or no input. Frustrating? Not really. I watch the team, they win or lose, I go home. Since the invention of the internet, I go home and moan like fcuk on a fan forum. Sure, the BoD get to wear the club tie and swan around the directors lounges at Ipox and Porkheid, but they also have to run the joint, pay the players, keep the staff in jobs and devote a ton of their time, effort and at times money, into keeping the whole shooting match on the rails. I just moan like fcuk then forget about it. Until the next game.

If these 'other bids' are real and waiting in the wings, unless we know who they are, why St Mirren, and how they plan to run the joint, then why should we be scared? Why should we be desperate to see SMiSA/GLS prevail?

I dont think anywhere in my post I said we should be 'Scared'.... What I Did say was the club will be sold, the question to the support is do you want to shape how it is run? do we offer home stands to away support? Do we re-brand the ground when it is rented out etc..etc... Only a fan led bid like Smisa/GLS will guarantee you have a say in the club's future strategy. If it fails and one of the rumoured bids comes to fruition it is highly unlikely you will get anything like that level of input to secure the club's future.

Yes it is a big responsibility.... Question is are we up to it, or do we continue to let others do it and moan like f**k when we dont like it???

#BuyTheBuds

I dont think anywhere in my post I said we should be 'Scared'.... What I Did say was the club will be sold, the question to the support is do you want to shape how it is run? do we offer home stands to away support? Do we re-brand the ground when it is rented out etc..etc... Only a fan led bid like Smisa/GLS will guarantee you have a say in the club's future strategy. If it fails and one of the rumoured bids comes to fruition it is highly unlikely you will get anything like that level of input to secure the club's future.

Yes it is a big responsibility.... Question is are we up to it, or do we continue to let others do it and moan like f**k when we dont like it???

#BuyTheBuds

No you didn't say 'scared', I was just posing the question generally. Without knowing a damn thing about any other bidders, there currently shouldn't be any reason to feel that way. However, I am sensing a 'we need to act now' vibe from the SMiSA/GLS camp, which is fine as they are looking for sign-ups. Fact remains though, unless I am presented with some sort of evidence that suggests a big bad bogeyman is about to persuade SG & Co to abandon their mantra of 'we will only sell to those who will have St Mirren's best interests at heart', then everyone will need to excuse me for not clarting my nappy at the thought of SMiSA/GLS not taking over.

It's probably a case of putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 but a mate of mine seemed to think he'd worked out who one of the prospective bidders might be. I can't remember the name but he's a Dumbarton businessman for whom buying a football club might seem like a natural extension of his Glasgow based business. I actually posted the name of the company in an earlier post.

It's probably a case of putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 but a mate of mine seemed to think he'd worked out who one of the prospective bidders might be. I can't remember the name but he's a Dumbarton businessman for whom buying a football club might seem like a natural extension of his Glasgow based business. I actually posted the name of the company in an earlier post.

Exactly my point. There's rumour, gossip, some people in the know, some people putting 2+2 together and maybe getting 4, but possibly closer to getting 6 or 7.

Zzzzzzzz. I've signed up, tried to persuade others to sign up, and back the SMiSA/GLS bid. Can't do much else now but wait to see if Donald Trump and a cartel of Mexican drug lords break cover.

#BuyTheBuds

Are you saying that if the scenario arrives after a fan take over that we need a cash injection and .....

a. A club want to hire our ground to use as part of their pre -season and it requires the use of the club shop and they will pay £30,000 to £50,000.

b.A club with a substantial away support require extra seats for their supporters which will give the club up to £30,000 more revenue.

You as a signed up member of the bid would deny the club this extra cash.

Don't keep it to yourself.

Probably been said before but the uptake would probably be greater if the team was performing better. Some good early signing news might boost things a bit. It's also time for Fitzy to do a Fergie and get out and sell the club to the masses. We have a huge fan base but few with enough enthusiasm to promote us. I bang on about us every day but that's not much use here as no one wants to invest in a proper team.

To be honest I do not see the level of enthusiasm for the 'fan led bid' that I had expected. I came back from holiday and signed up quickly however many mates (season ticket holders) have not signed up. Why I do not know exactly as their responses seemed to verge on the 'cannot be bothered' category.

I do not want the Club sold to some dodgy chancer but would be interested to know if credible alternatives exist. This information may even help get others to sign up to a 'fan led bid' if they do not like the alternative. These alternative bids are not doing us any good being in secret.

The 10000hours bid was opened to online subscriptions on June 1 2012 with a June 15 deadline.

http://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/forums/index.php/topic/34125-10000hours-online-direct-debits-live/

By June 14 with less than 48 hours till the deadline they were still well short

http://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/forums/index.php/topic/34203-two-days-left-time-to-decide-or-to-roll-the-dice/

Here's a quote from div

As of 2 mins ago;

£5880 per month now in place on Individual subscriptions, 78% of target.

That has come from 484 individual subscribers. Growth in the last 24 hours was 8%, going to be touch and go whether we get there or not.

Gordon is working hard on the other membership tiers, personally contacting individuals who have expressed an interest.

The rush to join the 10000hours bid didn't come till the final weekend when a decision had to made. In comparison the present bid currently standing at 489 subscribers is quite healthy IMO.

Obviously the target for 10000hours was lower but again IMO a lot of people will be holding off on the current bid until they see how close it is to the target. I suspect that once again there'll be a tipping point which if reached will result in a rush to join. Maybe once again it'll come down to a nailbiting final 48 hours.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Are you saying that if the scenario arrives after a fan take over that we need a cash injection and .....

a. A club want to hire our ground to use as part of their pre -season and it requires the use of the club shop and they will pay £30,000 to £50,000.

b.A club with a substantial away support require extra seats for their supporters which will give the club up to £30,000 more revenue.

You as a signed up member of the bid would deny the club this extra cash.

Possibly the exact opposite actually as I am confident we would never be in the ridiculous position we were in with the Bod riding roughshod to get what they wanted. I am sure we would have worked out, and voted on what contigencies were available well in advance of either of those scenarios, and i am confident our fan base would have made sound financial, as well a community/support based decisions.

Possibly the exact opposite actually as I am confident we would never be in the ridiculous position we were in with the Bod riding roughshod to get what they wanted. I am sure we would have worked out, and voted on what contigencies were available well in advance of either of those scenarios, and i am confident our fan base would have made sound financial, as well a community/support based decisions.

Could well be the point mate ,but as for the BOD riding rough shot ,any decision they've had to make is to make the club money and stop us borrowing , i really think anything they have done is solely to benefit our club.

We are sitting at 500 sign ups so far, i think that is an achievement worth note. I would suggest that these are mainly people who have no doubt this is the best option for the club, other will be making their minds up and possibly waiting for the public meeting to help them decide, there can be many reasons.

I would be very surprised and somewhat bemused if we did not reach the target 1000, because that figure and more was reached with the 10k hours bid.

As for another bid coming out of the shadows, i will wait and see. One thing for sure is, a group coming from outside of our support would have a lot of work to do to convince me to renew my season ticket. We have never been controlled by a board who have not been Saint Mirren supporters before taking the reins and i would be wary of their intentions should an outside bid come to the stage.

We are sitting at 500 sign ups so far, i think that is an achievement worth note. I would suggest that these are mainly people who have no doubt this is the best option for the club, other will be making their minds up and possibly waiting for the public meeting to help them decide, there can be many reasons.

I would be very surprised and somewhat bemused if we did not reach the target 1000, because that figure and more was reached with the 10k hours bid.

As for another bid coming out of the shadows, i will wait and see. One thing for sure is, a group coming from outside of our support would have a lot of work to do to convince me to renew my season ticket. We have never been controlled by a board who have not been Saint Mirren supporters before taking the reins and i would be wary of their intentions should an outside bid come to the stage.

I think it would help the bid if the deadline was made clear to the fans and we had a countdown of only x days to join up. This would focus peoples minds who are going to get around to it later to do it now.

There would be a number of hurdles to cross before that would be possible

I can appreciate the data protection issues related to handing over the list but could 10,000hrs email all those on the list directly advocating their support for the SMISA bid?