Buy The Buds

buddiecat

10000hrs had more publicly it had 2 or 3 public meetings within a very short space of time. This bid has missed a great opportunity to engage the general support.

This is not just a 10 year thing you will still have to continue to pay after year 10. This is one question that looks to be unanswered this could end up as a life long commitment to continually fund or invest in the club

I think a few people may now realise that this is a minimum 10 year plan and not just a £12 a month thing , in real terms its £1440 that you need to be willing to put in with no return.

Not counting season tickets, travel, away games, various other additional costs associated with following a football team.

Not counting season tickets, travel, away games, various other additional costs associated with following a football team.

But presently not counting Car Park Passes and Replica Tops.

Can I ask why mate fans are entitled to their opinion for or against. Know you are a die hard so would like to read what you have to say on the matter.

Well to be truthful I signed up and became a founder member of the supporters bar at £60 plus £10 a month if this bid had been made public before that I would have signed up despite the fact that I think its going to be more of the same with the running of the club and not bothered about the bar I just feel its a bit much trying to support both at the same time .And with that on top of £20 every other week to watch a game soon tallys up .

I'm all for it and signed up. There seemed more enthusiasm when 10,000 was on the go. Having been to previous meetings don't think there will be much more than 200 at next week's meeting, hope I'm wrong mate but there seems a lack of word on the street so hope there is a big push on national media before next week's meeting to get the numbers along

200 will be a good turnout next week. The bid has been in local, national media, on TV and radio as well as across all social media in addition to leafleting at home and away games. Cant see really how you could miss it unless you avoided all of the above.

Big difference with this bid compared to the other you mention, that individual was actually on the board at the time, so perhaps had a lot more opportunities afforded that Smisa do not. In addition "armaggedon" and the ticket office lady's job were being waved in our face last time.

That said fully expect us to get the required number of sign ups and cross the line.

More media lined up, and a few well kent faces to coincide with the public meeting.

Well to be truthful I signed up and became a founder member of the supporters bar at £60 plus £10 a month if this bid had been made public before that I would have signed up despite the fact that I think its going to be more of the same with the running of the club and not bothered about the bar I just feel its a bit much trying to support both at the same time .And with that on top of £20 every other week to watch a game soon tallys up .

Understand.

200 will be a good turnout next week. The bid has been in local, national media, on TV and radio as well as across all social media in addition to leafleting at home and away games. Cant see really how you could miss it unless you avoided all of the above.

Big difference with this bid compared to the other you mention, that individual was actually on the board at the time, so perhaps had a lot more opportunities afforded that Smisa do not. In addition "armaggedon" and the ticket office lady's job were being waved in our face last time.

That said fully expect us to get the required number of sign ups and cross the line.

More media lined up, and a few well kent faces to coincide with the public meeting.

I wouldn't say it's been well advertised.I still talk to folk who know nothing about it.

I had one guy in my car asking if I knew what the protest was about at Dumbarton.

Loads of people don't use B&WA,loads of folk don't use Facebook or Twitter and while there's been a fair bit about it in the Express....it's not got a huge circulation in the Town anymore.

A couple of mentions on BBC Scotland Sports Show or a 30 second snippet at the end of STV Sports news is hardly going to reach the masses.

I know the guys are working hard but as I say.....there's still lots know nothing.

Fully understand, my daughter is in the same situation.

What if SMISA/ GLS promised you a deal that if you signed up to "Buy the Buds" you would get some sort of deal on your current membership to the supporters bar, would you consider signing up depending on the deal?

ETA The deal would be dependent on the bid being successful.

Edited by Kendo

What if SMISA/ GLS promised you a deal that if you signed up to "Buy the Buds" you would get some sort of deal on your current membership to the supporters bar, would you consider signing up depending on the deal?

ETA The deal would be dependent on the bid being successful.

The problem is that you cannot offer the "assets" of the Club to one shareholder on the basis of their shareholding and not offer it to others, the legal term is the "Rights of the Minority"

ETA The deal would be dependent on the bid being successful..

I would give it serious consideration.

Edited by elvis

The problem is that you cannot offer the "assets" of the Club to one shareholder on the basis of their shareholding and not offer it to others, the legal term is the "Rights of the Minority"

However if SMISA/GLS were running the club then surely they could alter things like how the supporters bar was run and funded?

However if SMISA/GLS were running the club then surely they could alter things like how the supporters bar was run and funded?

Not as straight forward as that in my opinion.

I did post before about about what was the legal set up of the bar in relation to its members and the Club.

E.g is there a written contract or members rules.

The one thing you cannot do however is prejudice shareholders, all share holder owning the same type of shares, no matter how many have to be treated equitably by the Club as any other shareholder

Not as straight forward as that in my opinion.

I did post before about about what was the legal set up of the bar in relation to its members and the Club.

E.g is there a written contract or members rules.

The one thing you cannot do however is prejudice shareholders, all share holder owning the same type of shares, no matter how many have to be treated equitably by the Club as any other shareholder

Sorry but I don't understand members of the supporters club aren't shareholders.

Sorry but I don't understand members of the supporters club aren't shareholders.

Indeed, but the post being responded to was about giving SMISA members rights to the Club property on the basis that SMISA own 26% and growing of the shares.

I know there are a lot of ifs and buts in these statements, but my overall point in to do with Company law and Mem and Arts, which someone really should be reading in more detail as there are possibly further issues

Maybe no-ones fault here but the timing of this bid is poor insomuch many supporters are now 'on holiday'. There are a lot of guys I see on match days but do not see during the close season. I think the bid would have kept up a good momentum if the season was still on-going and folk were still thinking St Mirren and turning up every second Saturday. I blame Iain Murray myself.

Maybe no-ones fault here but the timing of this bid is poor insomuch many supporters are now 'on holiday'. There are a lot of guys I see on match days but do not see during the close season. I think the bid would have kept up a good momentum if the season was still on-going and folk were still thinking St Mirren and turning up every second Saturday. I blame Iain Murray myself.

What about Cheesy?

The blaming Iain Murray bit isn't as daft as it sounds. Had we been still in the playoffs then there would be real momentum behind the bid.

I'm in the "concerned" camp rather than the "confident" camp.

Reasons being there's still 50% still to commit, the timing isn't good being at the end of the season and there's only approx 4 weeks to achieve the required number.

Still possible but far from certain IMO.

One of the reasons I was concerned a while ago Sonny.

Also there seems to be a lot riding on this meeting but there's less than 2 weeks after the meeting to hit the number which I still believe is going to be very difficult to achieve.

Nothings impossible but I'm still "concerned"..................

I've signed up for this and I hope it reaches its target but I personally think it's doomed for failure, usual Paisley apathy (not on behalf of smisa I may add). If there was a real will by the support to do this, there would be 1500 sign ups by now and not the miserly number we've currently got.

10000hrs had more publicly it had 2 or 3 public meetings within a very short space of time. This bid has missed a great opportunity to engage the general support.

This is not just a 10 year thing you will still have to continue to pay after year 10. This is one question that looks to be unanswered this could end up as a life long commitment to continually fund or invest in the club

You will not be required to keep paying after ten years as the shares would be bought from Gordon by then, you can of course choose to remain a member of SMiSA and reduce your payment, and of course you can just withdraw your funding and be pleased with what you helped achieve for your club.

Edited by buddiecat

Just my take on it, but there simply does not seem to be any buzz or urgency, or any great visibility from the bid leaders. There was an initial burst when the 'DivDesigned' website appeared like a rabbit out a hat, but since then? You'd hardly know St Mirren was even up for sale - never mind the fact there are supposedly other bidders just waiting for the SMiSA/GLS bid to flounder. I believe the term being used is 'the club WILL be sold....'

Maybe there is an explanation. Maybe the bid leaders are waiting for the public meeting. Maybe they will announce an updated total of sign ups at the meeting that is hugely encouraging. Maybe they are simply keeping their powder dry until that meeting. Time will tell.

Hope the meeting produces something positive, because in the words of Bjork.. It's oh so quiet.

Edited by pozbaird

A deadline will eventually be imposed and that is when you will get the late rush.

It's a bit unfair to compare 10000Hours rate of sign ups to this bid as the original direct debits were collected over the course of a year. They had to be converted to online mandates because they had expired (and the online system didn't exist when the bid started).

There were hundreds of mandates converted, maybe 800 or so, and then there were 500 more signed up online as the deadline loomed and people realised that it might actually happen.

I wouldn't be too critical of a bid that has 550 folk signed up within 3 weeks, I reckon that's good going to be honest.

But it was GLS who put the end of may to get 1000 or the deal would not go ahead I think they will struggle to reach it if im honest in the last 2 days there were 10 people signed up if it continues like that then they wont even get 700.