Buy The Buds

buddiecat

Personally speaking I'm happy to pay £12 a month for ten years just to know that my kids and grandkids will have a club to follow and "enjoy" in years to come.

I don't care about having my name on a wall and I've no interest in sitting on boards or committees.

I'd also be happy to keep contributing to a fund even after the club is bought and paid for but I'd want to see that money invested in the club either in terms of the academy or the infrastructure/facilities for the supporters.

Stuff like stadium maintenance should be budgeted for by the club. I don't think the fans can really be expected to pay for that on top of everything else!

I spoke with a fella last night who I don't know that well, but he's a Saints fan I see every week and I did struggle to explain why he should be signing up. Eventually I just said he should attend the meeting and find out more.

Very much where I am. Kara tells everyone she is a St Mirren supporter though she does not like football so when I'm dead and gone it will be for the future Saints fans like you I'm after nothing just believe you can't get better than the fans owning the club. Politics of it all will leave for SMISA . Don't understand why any fan would not want fan ownership. Get some have joined the supporters bar and have a season ticket so can't through money left right and centre at the club. Those who can afford the price of a pint a week should join. Hope my faith is not lost for this bid to fail due to our own support. Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

As I'm in Tenerife I'll not be able to ask the questions personally on the night so I'm glad that buddiecat has answered the questions I've asked and rea for his contribution. It's highlighted a potential problem that I'm sure will be easily rectified and watched out for in the future.

If anyone thinks I've got or party to any agenda against this buy out then they are mistaken.

Don't think anyone has that impression of you Cockles, your questions are good and valid.

My view remains the same. For my £12 a month I don't want a 'I helped buy the Buds' certificate to frame and put up on the wall. I don't want my name on a board. I don't want a pat on the head and a 'well done'. I don't want consulted on every single decision made, from appointing managers to changing the brand of lavvy paper used in the stadium.

I want the current incumbents who cannot even get a hall of fame panel printed in over three and a half years to fcuk out of the place, and have them replaced with a new SMiSA/GLS team who want to be there, will surely display a more pro-active leadership model, will engage with the support, and will give the whole bloody place a shot in the arm, and we can feel at least part of something with a bit of life and drive about it.

Edited by pozbaird

And I want a fans' buyout so we can fix the friggin tannoy system; initiate a decent communications service with fans and move the segregation in the West Stand over to the Main Stand and see how they like it :)

Correct me if I am wrong, the current push to get numbers is in order to satisfy the ethical lender and allow them to release sufficient funds to SMISA to pay their share of the 'deposit' in order to secure the exclusivety?

My view remains the same. For my £12 a month I don't want a 'I helped buy the Buds' certificate to frame and put up on the wall. I don't want my name on a board. I don't want a pat on the head and a 'well done'. I don't want consulted on every single decision made, from appointing managers to changing the brand of lavvy paper used in the stadium.

I want the current incumbents who cannot even get a hall of fame panel printed in over three and a half years to fcuk out of the place, and have them replaced with a new SMiSA/GLS team who want to be there, will surely display a more pro-active leadership model, will engage with the support, and will give the whole bloody place a shot in the arm, and we can feel at least part of something with a bit of life and drive about it.

you and me both. However I do think we could get a few more on board using a very small token gesture.

Was at a night out last night with most of my family , the talk got round to the Buythebuds campaign & i was disappointed to discover that only two of us had signed up. thumbdown.gif

There was a mix of " i`m not sure" & " i dont know enough about it" so i spent a fair chunk of the evening selling the idea to them. It just showed how many more Saints fans there are out there who , for whatever reason have not been reached by the campaign yet.

I followed up this morning with a text to them all.

"Lets get signed up to #Buythebuds. For just £12 a month we can make fan ownership happen. Go to www.smisa.net & sign up now orturn up at the public meeting at St.Mirren park on the 19th May to find out more "

Perhaps if those who have signed up could do the same with their nearest & dearest .... or failing that , their friends & family wink.png we will get those numbers up. thumbup2.gif

That's what I was led to believe as well but reading through the constitution I noticed this.

12. The Society Board will decide and issue a form of application for membership. Members are to pay an annual subscription of such reasonable sum as the Society Board shall decide, the first payment to be made at the time of application for membership. The sum of £1 from the first payment shall be applied to purchase an ordinary share in the Society.

I cant see anywhere that its the members that decide/vote on.

It's like any club, the members vote in the committee to make these decisions on their behalf.

I will be surprised if they get to 1000 sign ups by end of month .

Nearly 600 will be signed up BEFORE!

The first public meeting to present and discuss the bid. That is impressive, and I can only see it growing arms and legs after Gordon and Smisa have had a chance to articulate their vision for the future of SMFC as a fan-led, community club.

It's all good bud! Go on sing us one of your songs..."i'm all shook up...uh-huh'

I will be surprised if they get to 1000 sign ups by end of month .

I agree, far from stating the bid 'coming alive' I'd be hoping and asking 'Has it peaked ?'

We signed up and I hope it's a success and to be fair it's not going too bad , however it's where it ends up that matters.

I'm worried too. Not just about the (what seems like the one and only public meeting), but the general "getting the word out to those not on these pages.

It's post season, we cannot rely on word of mouth... Has there been any progress in getting the Season ticket holders and/or 10000hrs details for a mail/email shot?

There was approx 1600 10000hrs signups, we're way short of that...

Edited by Vambo57

Biggest problem seems to be how many people even know about this Meeting on Thursday?. Very little coverage in press. I signed up early doors but know many who know nothing about it. All eggs seem to be in 1 basket re a Meeting that has been barely publicised.

Agreed. Should have been in the national papers at the weekend and then followed up again this week.

The word has not been properly put out there I would be surprised if there are anything near 200 fans at Thursdays meeting.

Someone wrote this bid has been done at the wrong time of the year I tend to agree with that. Paisley express will give good coverage I would imagine but what is its circulation. National papers will just cover a wee story which might be hard to find.

Will be very surprised if this bid succeeds.

The only people who seem aware of this meeting and therefore will be only ones to turn up are the 555 people already signed up so seems like Thursday could be a complete waste of time.

If the people behind this can't do a simple thing like get a meeting well publicised that could determine the whole future of the club what chance have they got of running the club successfully in the future.

It does seem odd that there is limited publicity of this.

In fairness it doesn't auger well that the new incumbents appear to be suffering from the same inability to sell the club as the current board.

I don't want to overly criticise for reasons I have expressed elsewhere but the lack of leadership is very strange.

Where on earth is Gordon for example?

Why is he not more visible?

Especially with the bid running out of time and stalled membership.

I might be coming across as harsh but there does seem to be very little energy about this entire campaign.

Edited by oaksoft