Buy The Buds

buddiecat

I am sure that I'm not the only Buddie who is living somewhere that GoCardless hasn't yet been rolled out. SMiSA have informed me that a Paypal DD cannot be organised until / unless the deal is finalised; I will definitely be signing up as soon as I'm able ( I consider this an expression of intent ) and am wondering if SMiSA are able to divulge how many " expressions of intent " they have received up to this point?

Edited by BaldyOzBud

Apart from the facts we are no longer in the premier league, armaggedon isnae happening, The Rangers urnae deid, the leagues are not being re-organised to 8x8x8 to atttract a sponsor etc...etc...

Can you for a moment imagine the response when you contact a non-pro saints journalist to say:

"hey, hold the front page, i am giving you first dibs on this exclusive.... The st mirren fans are going to buy the club!!!"

"Whit again??? Huv you no fallen on yir arse enough times wae that wan?"

The series of previously failed fan involved bids for the club have put us in the same position as the boy who cried wolf. In fact if you go back to the final days of the fall of 10000 hours, even the person leading the bid admitted it had becime a toxic brand as far as the media were concerned.

We all have to accept that St Mirren, Smisa, GLS, fan buy outs etc in Paisley do not send ripples of exitement through scottish media, they are battle weary in covering that story. This bid will not only thrive and survive, but succeed because against the whole f**king lot of them saints fans yet again, came together and made it happen inspite of them, not because of them!

Whoever gives us a hope in hell? Sometimes even we don't.... And that is when we are at our most deadly, when the f**kers think we've had it!

With the shysters in Govan in a cup final, and back in the Prem, the media are falling over themselves to create stories that endear them to 'ra peepul' again. The other cheek of the bigots erse are swapping managers again!

No fellow buds, we wont be able to count on their support and coverage this time, this is the way we always need to do it, its called the hard way, and every saints fan knows exactly what that is and what it feels like.

This isn't for the media, the ugly sisters, and the armaggedon crew.... This One Is For PAISLEY..!

I have to say how impressed I am with the posters rattling off without the need for thought the date, the time and the place of the public meeting they swear they know nothing about... Job done communication wise there.

On a more serious note, can I ask in all honesty who do you think will sign up to, promote, recruit, renew and make this bid a success other than the person looking at the screen now?

There is a big clue in the name "Fan-Led"!

If you think not enough people know about it then shout it from the rooftops!

If you worry not enough people will attend the public meeting 19/5/16,19:00, at The Paisley 2021 stadium then kidnap, you're mates, wives, lovers, children, Granny and the bloke in the pub, and deliver them to the meeting saying they have to sign a very modest £12 a month ranson direct debit, and listen to dyed in the wool saints fans explain how to leave a legacy!

If you worry "what if?". Then come along and ask "what if?"

What we all need to understand, accept and take our share of responsibility for is the meeting this Thursday, and whatever target date is announced only mark the begining, the start point, ground zero! There is a whole lot of work for all saints fans to get involved with that will secure the future of the club, and ensure when called upon, we stood up, rolled up the sleeves and built a legacy we can pass on to future generations of saints fans and buddies.

Its no use looking for someone else to "publicise" it more, to get more "sign ups", to take the initiative! That my fellow buds will be us!!!

We will determine the level of success achieved, we have the greatest influence over the number of people involved, we will deliver this!

Each and everyone of us needs to commit, take some responsibility and make it happen the way we want it to happen for us and generations of Saints fans.

The heart warming stories of relatives pledging funds because their dear departed dad would have wanted to Buy The Buds so all the grand weans could continue to keep the faith for generations to come, the proud dads, babes in arms making the commitment to back it so their little one can see what dad helped to build, in my family five brothers, and sons fully signed up and backing the bid, the sheer tenacity of all involved (especially the current SMFC board) to bring a fully costed, realistically priced bid to you the fans is very humbling.

No one asked, told, slated, berated or made all of the above do, say and act the way they have. They committed!

Thats all it takes to create something, then the strength, energy, and enthusiasm of your fellow buds will carry you on. Forget the 'Negs'....

#BuyTheBuds

I have to say how impressed I am with the posters rattling off without the need for thought the date, the time and the place of the public meeting they swear they know nothing about... Job done communication wise there.

On a more serious note, can I ask in all honesty who do you think will sign up to, promote, recruit, renew and make this bid a success other than the person looking at the screen now?

If you worry not enough people will attend the public meeting 19/5/16,19:00, at The Paisley 2021 stadium then kidnap, you're mates, wives, lovers, children, Granny and the bloke in the pub, and deliver them to the meeting saying they have to sign a very modest £12 a month ranson direct debit, and listen to dyed in the wool saints fans explain how to leave a legacy!

What we all need to understand, accept and take our share of responsibility for is the meeting this Thursday, and whatever target date is announced only mark the begining, the start point, ground zero! There is a whole lot of work for all saints fans to get involved with that will secure the future of the club, and ensure when called upon, we stood up, rolled up the sleeves and built a legacy we can pass on to future generations of saints fans and buddies.

Its no use looking for someone else to "publicise" it more, to get more "sign ups", to take the initiative! That my fellow buds will be us!!!

We will determine the level of success achieved, we have the greatest influence over the number of people involved, we will deliver this!

Each and everyone of us needs to commit, take some responsibility and make it happen the way we want it to happen for us and generations of Saints fans.

The heart warming stories of relatives pledging funds because their dear departed dad would have wanted to Buy The Buds so all the grand weans could continue to keep the faith for generations to come, the proud dads, babes in arms making the commitment to back it so their little one can see what dad helped to build, in my family five brothers, and sons fully signed up and backing the bid, the sheer tenacity of all involved (especially the current SMFC board) to bring a fully costed, realistically priced bid to you the fans is very humbling.

No one asked, told, slated, berated or made all of the above do, say and act the way they have. They committed!

Thats all it takes to create something, then the strength, energy, and enthusiasm of your fellow buds will carry you on. Forget the 'Negs'....

#BuyTheBuds

Don't forget the wives, girlfriends, boyfriends, sisters, Grannies, Grandpas, aunts, uncles, cousins and daughters.

#BuyTheBuds

I wouldn't suggest it's a good idea to say 'how impressed you are with posters rattling off' to the very people you are trying to engage with or appeal to with regard to the club buying out process.

There are many different opinions that we all share on here, some more knowledgeable than others some less.

I don't think people are 'rattling off' I think people are contributing their thoughts and opinions and personal experiences to the situation.

#justathought

We all

Edited by whydowebother

I wouldn't suggest it's a good idea to say 'how impressed you are with posters rattling off' to the very people you are trying to engage with or appeal to with regard to the club buying out process.

There are many different opinions that we all share on here, some more knowledgeable than others some less.

I don't think people are 'rattling off' I think people are contributing their thoughts and opinions and personal experiences to the situation.

#justathought

We all

Shut it ya "neg" ????

I think buddiecat and company, mentioned a few posts above, have done a good job as this campaign has progressed.

In fact I don't think they could have done much more.

I wonder how many of the 500+ are from this forum?

I think, if there is a problem, it lies elsewhere.

That's not to say there is a problem at all, it could just as easily be that as many people who are interested, or not, have made up their minds and any further increase could be very difficult.

An awful lot riding on this meeting, fingers crossed it produces the desired increase.

Some utter nonsense being spoken here about how the media works, although not surprising considering who it is that's spouting it.

Let's get away from this stuff about the media not being interested because it's not the Old Firm. They will be. They covered plenty of Hearts stuff and, to go back a bit further, they covered plenty of the attempt to buy Stirling Albion. That was mainly because they were coming up with nonsense about renaming as the Stirling Meerkats but that makes my point - they offered something unique and different to generate some media interesting. There isn't anything that at the moment, it just seems to be a case of hoping journalists stumble across things on Twitter. At least approach the journalists rather than assume no one is interested.

The perfect way to do that just now would be to put Gordon Scott up for interview, be it Sportsound, Super Scoreboard, the papers or whatever. With due respect to George Adam but folk don't really want to hear from politicians - especially just after an election. Gordon plans to be chairman, which is going to put him much more in the limelight than he is currently, so he might as well get used to it. Put him up for interview so he can explain why this is a good thing for the club and what new plans he has to freshen things up. The interview/article could have included details such as "If you want to know more, go to the meeting on Thursday".

Not everyone uses social media, reads this forum or checks this website. My dad doesn't and I'd imagine plenty of other folk from that generation don't (as well as younger people so I'm not accused of being ageist). Aside from me or my brother telling him, how is he meant to know there is a meeting on Thursday night? Someone has claimed national papers are dead, that is not the case. They are probably in terminal decline but they still have thousands of readers so there's no reason to ignore them just because you think papers are pish. Likewise the PDE and the Gazette (if that's still on the go) are read by plenty of people and with them being the local papers you might even be able to get something in on a weekly basis.

The SMiSA team have done a great job so far with the forum, social media, website etc but the figures seem to have plateaued well short of the target, suggesting there are plenty of folk out there who don't know what's going on and need to be told.

Edited by Stu

Got to agree with Stu on this. Over the years I got plenty put in the Wishaw Press about our Boys Club whether it was about a new shirt sponsor, prize givings, speakers nights, our AGM or even a story about the club website and the web traffic we were generating, I found the local papers were only too delighted to get some content. I even managed to get a quarter page article in the Sun and the Record for the football club, and the Athletics club got a four page centre spread in the Record once....admittedly only after the CEO of The Big Partnership tidied up the article as a favour...but again I found the press were happy to have something it could publish to fill space on slow news days. Amongst the club support there are several high profile journalists surely it's not a stretch to think they'd help tidy up articles for copy.

As for helping... well id happy to if I could see where help was required. I don't need to be a St Mirren supporter to see the potential of community ownership.

Some utter nonsense being spoken here about how the media works, although not surprising considering who it is that's spouting it.

Let's get away from this stuff about the media not being interested because it's not the Old Firm. They will be. They covered plenty of Hearts stuff and, to go back a bit further, they covered plenty of the attempt to buy Stirling Albion. That was mainly because they were coming up with nonsense about renaming as the Stirling Meerkats but that makes my point - they offered something unique and different to generate some media interesting. There isn't anything that at the moment, it just seems to be a case of hoping journalists stumble across things on Twitter. At least approach the journalists rather than assume no one is interested.

The perfect way to do that just now would be to put Gordon Scott up for interview, be it Sportsound, Super Scoreboard, the papers or whatever. With due respect to George Adam but folk don't really want to hear from politicians - especially just after an election. Gordon plans to be chairman, which is going to put him much more in the limelight than he is currently, so he might as well get used to it. Put him up for interview so he can explain why this is a good thing for the club and what new plans he has to freshen things up. The interview/article could have included details such as "If you want to know more, go to the meeting on Thursday".

Not everyone uses social media, reads this forum or checks this website. My dad doesn't and I'd imagine plenty of other folk from that generation don't (as well as younger people so I'm not accused of being ageist). Aside from me or my brother telling him, how is he meant to know there is a meeting on Thursday night? Someone has claimed national papers are dead, that is not the case. They are probably in terminal decline but they still have thousands of readers so there's no reason to ignore them just because you think papers are pish. Likewise the PDE and the Gazette (if that's still on the go) are read by plenty of people and with them being the local papers you might even be able to get something in on a weekly basis.

The SMiSA team have done a great job so far with the forum, social media, website etc but the figures seem to have plateaued well short of the target, suggesting there are plenty of folk out there who don't know what's going on and need to be told.

I think if you can set up all these wonderful media ops up you should contact Smisa straight away. Everything helps.

#justathought

We all

So "rattling off" is a deeply offensive term, and not as I had previously thought, and the oxford english dictionary confirms an expression that is to: "

Say, perform, or produce something quickly and effortlessly"

You live and learn!

In that case, why don't you explain exactly what you mean.

I dare you.

ETA - I think I get it now. You were referring to MySpace and Bebo, right?

LOL. Seriously? You didn't know what is meant by "social media"?

No wonder young people think those over 40 are simply useless and spend their time waiting for death.

In this one instance I would have to agree with them.

Mind you I can communicate with another adult face to face without having to check my phone every 5 seconds. I also earn more and I own my own home with a mortgage which is now paid off so all these mouthy cocky youngsters can go and do one. thumbup2.gif

To be honest, they should be doing anything to get publicity ie flash mob in Paisley Gilmour Street; saying they are going canvass the support about merging with our Greenock neighbours (that could backfire!) etc etc.

So "rattling off" is a deeply offensive term, and not as I had previously thought, and the oxford english dictionary confirms an expression that is to: "

Say, perform, or produce something quickly and effortlessly"

You live and learn!

Indeed we do. I'm glad you realise that perhaps people were not 'rattling off' , perhaps their response was not 'quickly and effortlessly' posted, it may well of been considered and thought through first ? :P

#justathought

Edited by whydowebother

LOL. Seriously? You didn't know what is meant by "social media"?

No wonder young people think those over 40 are simply useless and spend their time waiting for death.

In this one instance I would have to agree with them.

Mind you I can communicate with another adult face to face without having to check my phone every 5 seconds. I also earn more and I own my own home with a mortgage which is now paid off so all these mouthy cocky youngsters can go and do one. thumbup2.gif

Clearly I have no idea. Could you explain, please? What am I missing?

My understanding is that Facebook and Twitter are social media platforms. Is this incorrect?

Edited by Drew

Yes , just 3 of us in my family that would or could.

I hope the whole thing goes through but like many , I'm wondering where the next 400 are going to come from.

Same place the first 600 came from. Some folks just need a deadline to convince them to get onboard the 'Bud-Train'.

Propose it, and they will come!

Stu is correct in what he says.

There needs to be a focal point to the stories. You need to be innovative to get your message out there, to try and engage your audience and capture the imagination. I've yet to see or read anything from Gordon Scott on this - he should be a lot more visible/vocal.

I've not signed up because I'm not convinced that fan ownership for st Mirren is sustainable or worth it... So I've to be convinced and I'm sure there are many others.

That's constructive criticism, it's upto Gordon Scott and smisa to convince me otherwise.