Buy The Buds

buddiecat

Then your comment made no sense.

Celtic and Rangers cant hog social media like they can with the mainstream media so that cant be a reason.

Eh?

The main outlets control their content. They have the greatest exposure (number of followers, etc.) and reach the largest numbers. They therefore choose what they think the majority want to read/hear about.

I thought that would be blatantly obvious.

When I said social media did you actually understand what I meant?

Twitter, Youtube and Facebook control nothing.

What is obvious is that you are a dinosaur my friend.

In that case, why don't you explain exactly what you mean.

I dare you.

ETA - I think I get it now. You were referring to MySpace and Bebo, right?

LOL. Seriously? You didn't know what is meant by "social media"?

No wonder young people think those over 40 are simply useless and spend their time waiting for death.

In this one instance I would have to agree with them.

Mind you I can communicate with another adult face to face without having to check my phone every 5 seconds. I also earn more and I own my own home with a mortgage which is now paid off so all these mouthy cocky youngsters can go and do one. thumbup2.gif

Clearly I have no idea. Could you explain, please? What am I missing?

My understanding is that Facebook and Twitter are social media platforms. Is this incorrect?

No it's not incorrect.

OK let's try again.

At the top I responded to your claim about the OF hogging the media outlets by reminding you that you were a dinosaur and that social media was the way forwards.

I then said the OF couldn't hog that.

You then came back and said the main outlets control their output. Now that either meant you don't understand what social media is (because nobody controls anything on there) or you missed the fact that I used that phrase in the post you were responding to.

I laughed at you at this point in my usual pompous manner.

You then said I should have clarified what I meant.

At which point I wondered which part of my original post, where I used the phrase "social media", was unclear and realised I might be talking to someone who was still trying to come to terms with how a mobile phone worked.

At this stage I believe I may have said something which angered our Irish dwelling friend but we can skip that bit because apparently me simply breathing seems to do that to him.

Finally you attempted to school me on what social media is by mentioning Facebook etc. at which point I thanked my parents for bringing me up to have a hide thicker than a rhino.

I think I've summarised that quite well.

Edited by oaksoft

I've been really disappointed by the campaign so far and haven't signed up yet. The plus points seem to be if everything works out the fans will own the club in 10 years time and 1000 people paying direct debits each month for 10 years get represented by 1 person on a board of how many, and the club gets an extra £2k a month. At least with the 10000 Hours bid you got the impression rea was knocking his pan in to meet fans and answer questions, and there was going to be a separate board trying to raise revenue by bringing the community to the stadium and getting the club out into the community and that seemed like a decent plan to grow the size of the fanbase and increase the number of people coming through the home turnstiles on matchdays.

Public meeting 19th May at the ground Gordon will be there and it will be streamed live on the web. Gordon attended and spoke at the first public meeting which was immediately after the SMiSA AGM, he has a lot of tying up to do between now and the next meeting and as mentioned by Div, it's the job of SMiSA to raise the £380k needed to join forces with Gordon, he will attend and speak at as many meetings as he can to help us in our bid.

also

last but not least

on this discussion thread, see above

I've been really disappointed by the campaign so far and haven't signed up yet. The plus points seem to be if everything works out the fans will own the club in 10 years time and 1000 people paying direct debits each month for 10 years get represented by 1 person on a board of how many, and the club gets an extra £2k a month. At least with the 10000 Hours bid you got the impression rea was knocking his pan in to meet fans and answer questions, and there was going to be a separate board trying to raise revenue by bringing the community to the stadium and getting the club out into the community and that seemed like a decent plan to grow the size of the fanbase and increase the number of people coming through the home turnstiles on matchdays.

Yeah I'd agree with that. It's just been dawning on me that there's nothing on the website or in any of the information provided that details what kind of business the club would be after the takeover. There's no mention of SEN's or CIC's and that should have been a deal breaker or maker for me in the first instance. I just made an assumption that it would be and its only now I'm beginning to realise that actually that might not be the proposal on the table. I've no problem with the club being set up to make a profit but it's how any potential profit would be handled that is an issue for me.

I've signed up.....I'm maybe regretting it a bit now. Hopefully Thursday can settle my mind somewhat.

No it's not incorrect.

OK let's try again.

At the top I responded to your claim about the OF hogging the media outlets by reminding you that you were a dinosaur and that social media was the way forwards.

You then came back and said the main outlets control their output. Now that either meant you don't understand what social media is (because nobody controls anything on there) or you missed the fact that I used that phrase in the post you were responding to.

At which point I wondered which part of my original post, where I used the phrase "social media", was unclear and realised I might be talking to someone who was still trying to come to terms with how a mobile phone worked.

At this stage I believe I may have said something which angered our Irish dwelling friend but we can skip that bit because apparently me simply breathing seems to do that to him.

Finally you attempted to school me on what social media is by mentioning Facebook etc. at which point I thanked my parents for bringing me up to have a hide thicker than a rhino.

It must be awful to be so clever that the only person that understands what you're whittering on about is you.

It must be awful to be so clever that the only person that understands what you're whittering on about is you.

I wont lie, its a burden.

To be fair though there are words with more than one syllable in that post so I understand why you in particular struggled with it.

Edited by oaksoft

You claim to be a scientist but answering questions put to you seems to be beyond you. Was your degree in obfuscation? When you get a difficult question about one of your weird rants, you simply ignore it. Give us a joke about Muhammad.

You claim to be a scientist but answering questions put to you seems to be beyond you. Was your degree in obfuscation? When you get a difficult question about one of your weird rants, you simply ignore it. Give us a joke about Muhammad.[/quote

They didn't claim to be putting together a ' not for prophet ' bid :P

No it's not incorrect.

OK let's try again.

My life force was ebbing away just looking at this, much less reading or responding to it.

Guest TPAFKATS

To be honest, they should be doing anything to get publicity ie flash mob in Paisley Gilmour Street; saying they are going canvass the support about merging with our Greenock neighbours (that could backfire!) etc etc.

Upsetting the neighbours in Ralston?

Genuinely think people are being a bit harsh on the numbers that have signed up in the last 5-6 weeks.

Over 500 St.Mirren fans have each committed to paying £1.4K of their own money towards buying the club. At the end of that 10 year period they really won't have anything tangible to show for their investment. All they will have is the comfort of knowing the football club they love will be owned by the people that love it most.

I'd say in the current climate, after the last two seasons we've had, and coming straight off the back of 200 or so fans committing to paying £10 a month to have a pint in the stadium on a match day, it's bloody good going to have so many signed up already!

When an absolute deadline is in place, and we've had 1 or 2 public meetings more, I'm be pretty confident we'll hit 1,000 sign ups.

I can't make the meeting on Thursday (I've already signed up long ago) but I'd still like to know who the lender is, what rate they are lending at, and what security they will have over the stadium. Appreciate that information may be confidential but it's kind of important that we all know and understand it if possible and I've not seen anyone ask that so maybe some kind buddie can pitch that question for me?

Genuinely think people are being a bit harsh on the numbers that have signed up in the last 5-6 weeks.

Over 500 St.Mirren fans have each committed to paying £1.4K of their own money towards buying the club. At the end of that 10 year period they really won't have anything tangible to show for their investment. All they will have is the comfort of knowing the football club they love will be owned by the people that love it most.

I'd say in the current climate, after the last two seasons we've had, and coming straight off the back of 200 or so fans committing to paying £10 a month to have a pint in the stadium on a match day, it's bloody good going to have so many signed up already!

When an absolute deadline is in place, and we've had 1 or 2 public meetings more, I'm be pretty confident we'll hit 1,000 sign ups.

I can't make the meeting on Thursday (I've already signed up long ago) but I'd still like to know who the lender is, what rate they are lending at, and what security they will have over the stadium. Appreciate that information may be confidential but it's kind of important that we all know and understand it if possible and I've not seen anyone ask that so maybe some kind buddie can pitch that question for me?

Quote from buddiecat, although now edited....................(apologies, not trying to drop you in it, just trying to clarify if there is a deadline)

Gordon is in the USA tying up things there, he will be back for the public meeting on 19th., May.

The end of May is when Gordon and SMiSA would like to be able to see enough sign ups to proceed with the deal and then lodge the deposit of £100k (£80k Gordon, £20k SMiSA) which gives us one month exclusivity to purchase the consortium shares, meaning no bids from anywhere else can be accepted until July.

So, is the end of May the cut off point or not?

Quote from buddiecat, although now edited....................(apologies, not trying to drop you in it, just trying to clarify if there is a deadline)

Gordon is in the USA tying up things there, he will be back for the public meeting on 19th., May.

The end of May is when Gordon and SMiSA would like to be able to see enough sign ups to proceed with the deal and then lodge the deposit of £100k (£80k Gordon, £20k SMiSA) which gives us one month exclusivity to purchase the consortium shares, meaning no bids from anywhere else can be accepted until July.

So, is the end of May the cut off point or not?

"Would like to..." Implies that it's not the absolute cut off.

"Would like to..." Implies that it's not the absolute cut off.

Agree it's very vague, so IS there a cut off date?

PS The reason I'm trying to clarify this is is that I see it as a major issue as a definite date would, IMO, focus peoples attention on the matter.

If there's not cut off date it gives the impression this could drag on, and people won't decide.

Edited by faraway saint

Agree entirely. I wonder who he is referring to when he mentions the Irish friend getting angry. There are several residents of Ireland who post but he probably doesn't realise that. I don't get angry at him and actually feel sorry for him. He has taken self-aggrandisement to a new level. Shows some sociopathic tendencies too.

PS The reason I'm trying to clarify this is is that I see it as a major issue as a definite date would, IMO, focus peoples attention on the matter.

If there's not cut off date it gives the impression this could drag on, and people won't decide.

I am sure all will be clarified tomorow night, please bear in mind that nearly 600 buds have backed the bid and are ready to go before the 'Official' launch tomorrow night. Also as I am sure it will be made clear the timeline was not of Smisa's choosing! Nevertheless they stood up and are still standing up to be counted!

I've noticed a couple of people say that they aren't backing the bid as they don't want to join SMISA.

If that's the case for anyone on here, can I ask why? I'm not really clear and just trying to understand! For me, I just see Smisa as the vehicle to takeover the club. Once it's fully in control of the fans then Smisa would become irrelevant...

I've noticed a couple of people say that they aren't backing the bid as they don't want to join SMISA.

If that's the case for anyone on here, can I ask why? I'm not really clear and just trying to understand! For me, I just see Smisa as the vehicle to takeover the club. Once it's fully in control of the fans then Smisa would become irrelevant...

Hardly! If the process goes to plan then SMiSA will eventually hold 75% of the shares in the club. That's hardly irrelevant. Fans of the club would have to be members of SMiSA to have any say in the running of the club.

I won't be able to attend the meeting tomorrow for a number of reasons, but can someone please put forward a question for me asking about the business model the buying group intend to follow after concluding the purchase of the club? I have signed up but this is quite an important issue for me. Will the club become Social Enterprise, a non profit organisation, or is the intention to run the club as it currently is being run with the potential for shareholders dividends etc?

Perhaps they are waiting to see if this thing flies without pressure being applied first.

Maybe we'll see a change of focus and intensity if the target hasn't been met by the end of the month and perhaps then we'll see a firm deadline being applied.