Buy The Buds

buddiecat

Perhaps they are waiting to see if this thing flies without pressure being applied first.

Maybe we'll see a change of focus and intensity if the target hasn't been met by the end of the month and perhaps then we'll see a firm deadline being applied.

Indeed, "perhaps" and "maybe", not particularly clear for a business deal at this stage of the game.

Hardly! If the process goes to plan then SMiSA will eventually hold 75% of the shares in the club. That's hardly irrelevant. Fans of the club would have to be members of SMiSA to have any say in the running of the club.

But it wouldn't be SMiSA as we know it now surely? It would have to be structured differently would it not?

Surely you are just a member of the club once the takeover is complete and all shares are transferred in time?

But it wouldn't be SMiSA as we know it now surely? It would have to be structured differently would it not?

Surely you are just a member of the club once the takeover is complete and all shares are transferred in time?

You are a member of Smisa if you sign up, and as such Smisa will hold nearly 30% of the shares in SMFC from the outset. So you need to be in it, to win it.

The club will carry on being the club, just with different majority shareholders Smisa & GLS. Get along tomorrow night and i am sure any questions you have will be answered.

I would say it would be , SIMSA and its members are buying the shares and eventually buying enough shares to have control .At the end of the process SIMSA as it is now will be the main shareholder in the club , and members of SIMSA will only be members of SIMSA ,they will not be owners.

I would say it would be , SIMSA and its members are buying the shares and eventually buying enough shares to have control .At the end of the process SIMSA as it is now will be the main shareholder in the club , and members of SIMSA will only be members of SIMSA ,they will not be owners.

If you are a member of SMISA you own a single share and have IIRC £1 liability in the CBS

SMISA is owned by its members. It is this Member Owned company that owns the shares, and through its articles of associationthe members control the election of the board of SMISA who as Directors control the voting rights of the shares that SMISA own at the CLUB AGM.

SMISA must stay as the owning organisation and members should make sure they understand how it all legally hangs together, hopefully the Bid team will make this clear tonight

If you are a member of SMISA you own a single share and have IIRC £1 liability in the CBS

SMISA is owned by its members. It is this Member Owned company that owns the shares, and through its articles of associationthe members control the election of the board of SMISA who as Directors control the voting rights of the shares that SMISA own at the CLUB AGM.

SMISA must stay as the owning organisation and members should make sure they understand how it all legally hangs together, hopefully the Bid team will make this clear tonight

Is the meeting not tomorrow night?

Doesn't that play straight into the hands of those who believe the communication surrounding the meeting has not been well publicised ? :P

I know there is a meeting tonight but there is no chance in hell they are going to get 1000 people to sign up for this by the end of the month there is 563 just now so they need about 36 a day for next 12 days to reach there target .I think its round about 5 a day at the minute its going to be a big big ask to get there they might hit the target eventually but its gong to be nowhere near by the end of month that GLS was looking for .This could drag on for a good while yet.

I know there is a meeting tonight but there is no chance in hell they are going to get 1000 people to sign up for this by the end of the month there is 563 just now so they need about 36 a day for next 12 days to reach there target .I think its round about 5 a day at the minute its going to be a big big ask to get there they might hit the target eventually but its gong to be nowhere near by the end of month that GLS was looking for .This could drag on for a good while yet.

Aye, you've said.

Repeatedly casting a shadow over things won't help.

As I posted a coupla weeks ago

The 10000hours bid was opened to online subscriptions on June 1 2012 with a June 15 deadline.

http://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/forums/index.php/topic/34125-10000hours-online-direct-debits-live/

By June 14 with less than 48 hours till the deadline they were still well short

http://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/forums/index.php/topic/34203-two-days-left-time-to-decide-or-to-roll-the-dice/

Here's a quote from div in the run-up to that final weekend.

As of 2 mins ago;

£5880 per month now in place on Individual subscriptions, 78% of target.

That has come from 484 individual subscribers. Growth in the last 24 hours was 8%, going to be touch and go whether we get there or not.

Gordon is working hard on the other membership tiers, personally contacting individuals who have expressed an interest.

The rush to join the 10000hours bid didn't come till the final weekend when a decision had to made. In comparison the present bid currently standing at 489 subscribers is quite healthy IMO.

Obviously the target for 10000hours was lower but again IMO a lot of people will be holding off on the current bid until they see how close it is to the target. I suspect that once again there'll be a tipping point which if reached will result in a rush to join. Maybe once again it'll come down to a nailbiting final 48 hours.

Like I said then it'll go down to the wire with many folk waiting to see if the bid is going to be successful before committing - here's hoping SMiSA reach that tipping point they need but I see no reason to be despondent at present.

It is happening!

If you are a saints fan? You have a simple choice....

Sign up and be part of the fan movement that secures the future of the club for generations to come...

Or....

Be on the outside, looking in...

Over half way there BEFORE the first public meeting and official launch! If Carlsberg did fan - led takeover bids..?

It is happening!

If you are a saints fan? You have a simple choice....

Sign up and be part of the fan movement that secures the future of the club for generations to come...

Or....

Be on the outside, looking in...

Over half way there BEFORE the first public meeting and official launch! If Carlsberg did fan - led takeover bids..?

It already has been officially launched and tonights meeting is advertised as

Next #BuyTheBuds Public Meeting is on Thu 19th May

The bid team (who other than George, i have no idea who they are, but presumably they post on here) though Buddiecat has told me he is not on the team...yet he seems to be doing most of the donkey work for them, need to get their heads up and get themselves some exposure, to push the bid onto the number which we know are possible as well over 1000+ were engaged before

#BuyTheBuds

A fan-led bid, by St Mirren fans, for St Mirren fans and aw the guid folk in/from the burgh of Paisley...

With my two bar-heater

Its only getting sweeter..!

The 'Negs' don't want this to happen, boy are they gonnae being crying into their skinny latte's.

Edited by Lord Pityme

#BuyTheBuds

A fan-led bid, by St Mirren fans, for St Mirren fans.... Its only getting sweeter!

The only problem with that is that to grow the Club you need to grow the fan base and turn non SMFC fans into SMFC fan within 10000hours membership numbers were a significant number of people i would estimate 100 who had no previous ties to SMFC but agreed with the idea of Cooperative ownership of Community assets, in this case SMFC and so got involved, so dont underestimate that there is a base out there on non SMFC fans that would joinwith the right message and that is not an exclusive one.

Some folk thought this was bad, non SMFC fans (at the start) getting involved, but IMHO it was a great approach to growing future fans from non historical supporting families.

Take for example the Church that did meet in the Stadium on a Sunday Morning when no one else was using, a couple of hundred people would meet and the kids etc would see and feel the stadium, it did not take too long before some kids wanted to goto a game, and some adults who had not been to a football match for years went to SMFC games when they had formerly gone to other grounds....it is this interaction with the community on all levels around the biggest physical asset the Club has (the Stadium) that will grow the Club beyond its normally family tied generational growth or decline, Fitt fans is also an example of this as is the Dome

But each to their own

Edited by rea

The only problem with that is that to grow the Club you need to grow the fan base and turn non SMFC fans into SMFC fan within 10000hours membership numbers were a significant number of people i would estimate 100 who had no previous ties to SMFC but agreed with the idea of Cooperative ownership of Community assets, in this case SMFC and so got involved, so dont underestimate that there is a base out there on non SMFC fans that would joinwith the right message and that is not an exclusive one.

Some folk thought this was bad, non SMFC fans (at the start) getting involved, but IMHO it was a great approach to growing future fans from non historical supporting families.

Take for example the Church that did meet in the Stadium on a Sunday Morning when no one else was using, a couple of hundred people would meet and the kids etc would see and feel the stadium, it did not take too long before some kids wanted to goto a game, and some adults who had not been to a football match for years went to SMFC games when they had formerly gone to other grounds.

But each to there own

There was a brilliant post a few weeks back that the club is what the club is - a small town diddy club. I'm happy with that, always have been and reckon I always will be.

I'm not a supporter of this buyout even although I wish them all the best but the one thing that would turn me right against it is delusions of grandeur.