Buy The Buds

buddiecat

With over 400 required it needs regular input from the people at the top.

Not sure tonight, as you indicate, changes anything.

The existence of another interested party seems to be curtailing the extent to which the current BoD can be seen to actively and publicly engage. That's a pity, as they are largely trusted to have the interests of the club at heart, and a more overt endorsement of the bid would go a long way.

Edited by Drew

The existence of another interested party seems to be curtailing the extent to which the current BoD can be seen to actively and publicly engage. That's a pity, as they are largely trusted to have the interests of the club at heart, and a more overt endorsement of the bid would go a long way.

Aye, confirmed there is an other party interested but not one hint who they are, very mysterious.

Is it you?

Very encouraging to hear 17% ( around 96) of the sign ups are £25 per month members and the 20 X £2500 members been taken up , along with the 563 current members that's a good total , hopefully we can see further momentum over the coming weeks to get us over the line!

Gordon maybe isn't the best speaker but he is passionate and knows the club inside out and would be a good chairman IMO

Edited by gazmc83

That was said, although they indicated later they could proceed with less, don't try altering the facts.

Maybe you were on the "loop" at that point. thumbdown.gif

All a bit inconclusive.

Anyway, I'll not quote any more, best to see the minutes, assuming there were minutes taken.

No , What Drew said was correct. GA made several references to 1000 being realistic & achievable.

At one point the question was asked "what happens inf only 900.. or 800 sign up & the answer was that SMISA would have to examine the situation (& the £ figures) & discuss with the selling consortium.

No , What Drew said was correct. GA made several references to 1000 being realistic & achievable.

At one point the question was asked "what happens inf only 900.. or 800 sign up & the answer was that SMISA would have to examine the situation (& the £ figures) & discuss with the selling consortium.

Not getting into "he said, didn't say" game, I posted what I heard at an early point of the meeting, not a summary of the whole fecking 90 minutes.lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Edited by faraway saint

There were a couple of comments about GLS not being the most comfortable or eloquent person with the mike.

I have absolutely no issues with this . He is a very successful businessman, who has experience of the club & who is putting a lot of his money forward for the benefit of the club.

Who cares that he`s not as comfortable with public speaking ? I`d rather that than some smooth talking snake oil salesman any day.

There were a couple of comments about GLS not being the most comfortable or eloquent person with the mike.

I have absolutely no issues with this . He is a very successful businessman, who has experience of the club & who is putting a lot of his money forward for the benefit of the club.

Who cares that he`s not as comfortable with public speaking ? I`d rather that than some smooth talking snake oil salesman any day.

Absolutely spot on.

Where are you seeing 20 sign ups?

The main speaker said it, maybe he made it up.......................does he post on here?

Certain it was stated, met with a round of applause, that 20 had signed up at one point in the meeting.

Current total of 563 would suggest this wasn't the case....................slimy politicians.

I can understand a few folk (well, one person) talking about securing a more tangible benefit from their £12 a month - ie: shares - but this was never what the initiative has been about. I have no interest in any return other than the security and wellbeing of the club. Its akin to a regular DD donation to a charity that is close to my heart. Again, for the cost of a (cheap) pint a week, its easily worth the outlay while I can afford it.

Edited by Drew

the twenty sign ups was mentioned , but remember the SMISA counter was last updated last night.

If we achieve a wee push past the 600 mark by the weekend, that could be a welcome psychological boost in terms of reinvigorating the bid.

I thought Colin Orr and David Nicol from SMISA were very professional tonight, particular praise to Colin for being dropped in it with the presentation at the last minute.

I think the Deadline of June 19 will concentrate minds and hopefully we will see a swell of support as this date approaches. Certainly the team of SMISA deserve it.

the twenty sign ups was mentioned , but remember the SMISA counter was last updated last night.

yes that's correct the person (Barry) at the meeting can see the sign ups coming in and auto emails being sent but then manually updates the counter on the website which also includes people who don't have Internet and submit s/o forms