Buy The Buds

buddiecat

I would share your concern, however every member of Smisa has the right to propose their ideas.

Your point does shine a light towards a bigger issue that perhaps we should all stop, read up on and consider?

Smisa is a Co-operative, and having been an employee and member of the biggest Retail, Manufacturing, Banking, Farming and Insurance Co-operative in the world i can share the one defining difference Smisa , our club and all those who sign up will come to appreciate and perhaps be grateful for...

A Co-operative is a group of people acting together to meet the common needs and aspirations of its members, sharing ownership and making decisions democratically. It is not a business controlled by shareholders.

When you see some of the perverse decisions by large companies to reward individuals who have failed or presided over damaging debacles, but the board still award them bonuses, then you will appreciate the difference of being a 'member' of Smisa where 'One member, one vote' is where the power to make change lies, as opposed to being a company shareholder who gets a goody bag and a pat on the heid each year.

There is a significant education process for all of us to become involved with when we sign up to Smisa, we all have a responsibilty to act and operate in accordance with co-operative Values & Principles, its in the Smisa constitution.

I dont want anyone to reconsider mate and yes every member is entitled to an opinion ,my concern is that this would only weaken SIMSA (fans) control. We all know what its like on here with disagreements imagine that if it was about something important.

I would share your concern, however every member of Smisa has the right to propose their ideas.

Your point does shine a light towards a bigger issue that perhaps we should all stop, read up on and consider?

Smisa is a Co-operative, and having been an employee and member of the biggest Retail, Manufacturing, Banking, Farming and Insurance Co-operative in the world i can share the one defining difference Smisa , our club and all those who sign up will come to appreciate and perhaps be grateful for...

A Co-operative is a group of people acting together to meet the common needs and aspirations of its members, sharing ownership and making decisions democratically. It is not a business controlled by shareholders.

When you see some of the perverse decisions by large companies to reward individuals who have failed or presided over damaging debacles, but the board still award them bonuses, then you will appreciate the difference of being a 'member' of Smisa where 'One member, one vote' is where the power to make change lies, as opposed to being a company shareholder who gets a goody bag and a pat on the heid each year.

There is a significant education process for all of us to become involved with when we sign up to Smisa, we all have a responsibilty to act and operate in accordance with co-operative Values & Principles, its in the Smisa constitution.

post-8992-0-84190200-1463740149.jpg

I am all of those things above by purchasing my Season Ticket, Top and Car Park Brief and even Saints chocolate out the Shop.

And proud.

Edited by shull

Disagree completely.

Once aboard easier to keep them.

I'd agree with this.

Convincing people that there is genuine merit in this proposal is the tough part. As much as folk will thereafter take the huff and throw the toys out the pram, I think their concern for the club will override the temptation to cancel an established DD in most cases. People will shuffle off this mortal coil, and others will experience financial challenges, but once signed up, I expect most to be committed for the long haul.

On the other hand the Co-op bank nearly went bust in 2013 so be careful what you are polishing.

Good quote from Gordon today in the press

Gordon Scott said: “The current board deserve a lot of credit for all they have done over the years – but one way or another they are going to sell up and move on.

“St Mirren fans have a simple choice – either be part of what are doing and build the future of our club together, or leave that future entirely to chance.

“It would be a life-defining achievement for me to become chairman of the club I have supported since I was a boy.

“My aim is simple – work with the fans and the community to give St Mirren the fresh ideas it needs, get the club back into the top league where it belongs, and hand it over to the fans to safeguard forever.”

Disagree completely.

Once aboard easier to keep them.

I'd agree with this.

Convincing people that there is genuine merit in this proposal is the tough part. As much as folk will thereafter take the huff and throw the toys out the pram, I think their concern for the club will override the temptation to cancel an established DD in most cases. People will shuffle off this mortal coil, and others will experience financial challenges, but once signed up, I expect most to be committed for the long haul.

Your both wrong and I'm right.

On the other hand the Co-op bank nearly went bust in 2013 so be careful what you are polishing.

It did too! But i might hasten to add Not on my watch!

I left the Co-operative Group (now Co-operative) in 2006, although they begged to become a client for two years of our management consultancy business. Not a bad stint paid near twice as much, for less hours doing the same work on expenses.

Point being the dominant party in the then merger/takeover of the co-operative group (united norwest) were run by a complete c**t whose only ambition was to mount a takeover of Somerfield who he had failed to takeover a couple of years earlier, even though his co-op were less than a third the size of Somerfield!

As soon as he was in he had the Society secretary frog marched out the building as he knew he wouldnt be able to pull all his ill fated stunts if he didnt have his own yes men around him.

He took over Somerfield and got the bank to take over Britannia building society, and the ensuing black hole in the bank's books, and absolute horlicks that Sommerfield caused to the food retail business were no real surprise to me.

However the members got rid of every single one of those responsible, and have turned round the food retail business, steadied the bank, and taken steps to ensure they never again let a madman in charge. If they were shareholders, rather than members then they would have been powerless to stop those guilty of awarding themselves huge bonuses, and most likely as a result of being kept at arms length seen the whole organisation crash.

Membership is the real power-broker in a co-operative.

Edited by Lord Pityme

In my opinion, you are getting no return for your money if you are a season ticket holder for 10 years paying the average of £275, other than putting money towards the club you love. The 10 year payments of £12 a month for fan ownership is no different. If you love the club, then you will commit. I don't feel I have any right at paying £12 a month to get some sort of shares at the end of it, though I do agree with the share incentive of the option 3 package, as you are basically committing a lump sum towards pushing the bid through.

I was happy with the proposal last night and the answers from the guys giving the presentation.

You do get a return for your season ticket money, you get to watch 18 games of football.

I would worry if SIMSA were to allocate shares to its members , that would create 1000 more shareholders.

Not necessarily.

I'm sure quite a few people who sign up will have bought shares in the 90's, like myself.

Just away to sign up, so watch for the counter going up by one.whistling.gif

Edited to add - That's me signed up.thumbup2.gif

Edited by FTOF

I thought the meeting last night was a non event.

No idea of how the club will be financed following the bid. No clear answer when someone asked about SMISA veto and finance. GLS said he would listen to the fans but referred to the south stand issue not what was asked regarding the west bank decide. SMISA never put an opinion forward

The guy that asked about the share or token. The only sensible answer was that it could be considered if people stayed for the full term. Also sloped was that this is a life long commitment not 10 years. Pay your money for 10 years and you have nothing to show for it. You stop paying after 10 years you don't even have a SMISA membership.

The only pull to get people on board for this bid is the emotional tie to the club. Which someone pointed that 60% of the fans base do not share

I thought the meeting last night was a non event.

No idea of how the club will be financed following the bid. No clear answer when someone asked about SMISA veto and finance. GLS said he would listen to the fans but referred to the south stand issue not what was asked regarding the west bank decide. SMISA never put an opinion forward

The guy that asked about the share or token. The only sensible answer was that it could be considered if people stayed for the full term. Also sloped was that this is a life long commitment not 10 years. Pay your money for 10 years and you have nothing to show for it. You stop paying after 10 years you don't even have a SMISA membership.

The only pull to get people on board for this bid is the emotional tie to the club. Which someone pointed that 60% of the fans base do not share

60% of the fan base have no emotional attachment to the club? Why else would they turn up to watch the rubbish served up for the past two seasons?

1000 sign ups equals 40% of the average home support that's what I conclude. It was the guy asking the question last night that said two thirds were not buying in.

If you have an emotional tie into the club will result in someone signing up.

So please do tell me how that is talking shit