Buy The Buds

buddiecat

Signed up along with my son who has sold this on to a couple or 3 of his mates from Mossbank Shetland. Its a bit strange to think that a few folk from up here who are committed to this but don't support St Mirren are willing to support Smisa and GLS in there attempt to buy the Buds .Hope there are many more like us.

Signed up along with my son who has sold this on to a couple or 3 of his mates from Mossbank Shetland. Its a bit strange to think that a few folk from up here who are committed to this but don't support St Mirren are willing to support Smisa and GLS in there attempt to buy the Buds .Hope there are many more like us.

Awesome!

Theres a few who could do with a pinch of that getting in and gettin involved stuff you have up there. Hats off to the Shetland Four!

SIX HUNDRED AND THIRTY FIVE...... With almost a month to the deadline!

Get In Buds!!!

Guess what group of fans will have a major shareholding in their club come the new season???

Your motivational posts really are cringeworthy!!!

I've been commenting on the slow uptake for a few weeks, but with the deadline announced I'm now convinced that this will get over the line. With this being the traditional pay week, (even though DDs won't be taken til later) I think people will be waiting until after that to sign up.

Your motivational posts really are cringeworthy!!!

I've been commenting on the slow uptake for a few weeks, but with the deadline announced I'm now convinced that this will get over the line. With this being the traditional pay week, (even though DDs won't be taken til later) I think people will be waiting until after that to sign up.

You're baseless predictions of doom and gloom speak volumes. Have you signed up yet?

Aye or naw?

This is happening, there will be a fan-led buy out of SMFC, a new dawn is on the horizon, the change many have wished for is now firmly in our hands.

If you think thats cringeworthy, fine. The fans are once again making it happen.

I have been commenting in my belief that St Mirren fans would back this in the numbers required for a few weeks. Each to their own.

You're baseless predictions of doom and gloom speak volumes. Have you signed up yet?

Aye or naw?

This is happening, there will be a fan-led buy out of SMFC, a new dawn is on the horizon, the change many have wished for is now firmly in our hands.

If you think thats cringeworthy, fine. The fans are once again making it happen.

I have been commenting in my belief that St Mirren fans would back this in the numbers required for a few weeks. Each to their own.

I have said we will get the numbers required in the post you quoted, what's doom and gloom about that?

I am one of several St.Mirren fans who have not yet signed-up, but I truly hope GLS and SMISA make it. My question is

* Is their a consortium or an individual out their that is prepared immediately to purchase the club should SMISA fail to get enough St.Mirren fans to commit? Please no guesswork, and it is not necessary to give the name of the other party/parties that are a cert.

I am one of several St.Mirren fans who have not yet signed-up, but I truly hope GLS and SMISA make it. My question is

* Is their a consortium or an individual out their that is prepared immediately to purchase the club should SMISA fail to get enough St.Mirren fans to commit? Please no guesswork, and it is not necessary to give the name of the other party/parties that are a cert.

That is the big question. It was stated at the last meeting that there was another interested party. Due to commercial confidentiality the identity of that group or individual was not disclosed .

However, my understanding is that as things stand there has been NO bid from any other groups.

There is a big difference between being interested, perhaps preparing a bid to actually having & showing the money or the means to buy the Club.

SIX HUNDRED AND THIRTY FIVE...... With almost a month to the deadline!

Get In Buds!!!

Guess what group of fans will have a major shareholding in their club come the new season???

Dunno tell us? Won't be st mirren fans. Not for ten years anyway. Edited by slapsalmon

I've just listened to the meeting and if I'm honest had I not already committed I'm not sure I'd have been sold. There didn't seem to be any vision or any particular knowledge to suggest that there would be new ideas or initiatives.

I've raised my concern that no one appears to be talking about an SEN business model. It makes me concerned that no one has looked at that possiblity and yet it's exactly the kind of business model that fits football clubs like a glove.

Has Gordon Scott or anyone at SMiSA looked at The Atlantis model, the Homeless Football model or even at the models in place at Edinburgh Spartans? Has anyone considered the potential for lots of new small revenue streams coming into the club to reinvest in expansion? Has anyone been talking to local juvenile sports clubs or to community groups about how sharing resources could benefit all?

If it's just going to be more of the same then that's a terrible waste of yet another golden opportunity

Dunno tell us? Won't be st mirren fans. Not for ten years anyway.

ST Mirren fans will own 29.6 % of the club as soon as the deal is done. Then in/by ten years we have an agreement to buy the other shares from Gordon.

Talk to Smisa, or visit their website, all the info is there.

Edited by Lord Pityme

I've just listened to the meeting and if I'm honest had I not already committed I'm not sure I'd have been sold. There didn't seem to be any vision or any particular knowledge to suggest that there would be new ideas or initiatives.

I've raised my concern that no one appears to be talking about an SEN business model. It makes me concerned that no one has looked at that possiblity and yet it's exactly the kind of business model that fits football clubs like a glove.

Has Gordon Scott or anyone at SMiSA looked at The Atlantis model, the Homeless Football model or even at the models in place at Edinburgh Spartans? Has anyone considered the potential for lots of new small revenue streams coming into the club to reinvest in expansion? Has anyone been talking to local juvenile sports clubs or to community groups about how sharing resources could benefit all?

If it's just going to be more of the same then that's a terrible waste of yet another golden opportunity

As you've signed up, why not contact themn and ask them yourself? Suggest that they look at the initialtives to which you refer. Is that not the whole point of this exercise - to devolve more influence to the support (and, er, customer) base?

As you've signed up, why not contact themn and ask them yourself? Suggest that they look at the initialtives to which you refer. Is that not the whole point of this exercise - to devolve more influence to the support (and, er, customer) base?

Erm well that's exactly what I am doing..... :rolleyes: I could give them more to look at too but it seems strange given that the 10,000hours model was an SEN that they wouldn't have started there. There's huge opportunities there but all I heard was that they were planning to use existing models with the hope that someone somewhere could find some improvement to benefit the club. That's not at all dynamic and it won't fill doubters with confidence.

Well the way I see it is that if the bid is a success then there will be an extra 24k more a season to invest than the current mode of operation

New Tannoy System in South Stand please.

Well the way I see it is that if the bid is a success then there will be an extra 24k more a season to invest than the current mode of operation

Yeah but it's just squeezing the same people for more money.

I'd really recommend SMiSA and GLS getting themselves far more clued up on SEN's and on the various successful examples out there and doing so as quickly as possible. There are so many different revenue streams that could be opened up by going down the SEN route and you'd think with Gordon Scott being a joiner he'd have been well aware of at least one of them.

Yeah but it's just squeezing the same people for more money.

I'd really recommend SMiSA and GLS getting themselves far more clued up on SEN's and on the various successful examples out there and doing so as quickly as possible. There are so many different revenue streams that could be opened up by going down the SEN route and you'd think with Gordon Scott being a joiner he'd have been well aware of at least one of them.

I think it needs to be one step at a time, we all know (or think we know) the clubs failings, once the deal is done, then the meat can can be added to the bones re how things will interact etc.