Buy The Buds

buddiecat

I do not think it matters who the individual's are on the board. The make up of the board is the important part.

1 fan rep in a board of 5 sounds ok but 1 fan rep in a board of 9 or 11 not so good.

Good point from the meeting was GLS is open to more than 1 fan rep if they bring something to the table. I would expect that to be additional investment or revenue source

Do you think we could be offering something else to attract potential fans who either can't make games due to work commitments or disabilities etc. St Mirren TV could be an answer to help us get over the finish line. If made available in the UK to subscribers there could be a monthly fee which is a package of having access to the games and the relevant percentage going to the bid as per everyone else's commitments. Think we need to look outside the box and attract people who may normally not attend get involved.

I am one of the above and cant attend games but would love to watch the games when I can and would subscribe on that basis and I am sure there must be many others be it down south or elsewhere.

Thoughts and any further ideas welcome.

Just back from a week away on holiday. Fantastic to see so many new sign ups, glad to see some people being convinced to take up membership (those who stated they might and have)

Thanks to you all.

Keep spreading the word please.

I will answer any questions i can or direct you to the website for those i cannot, but as stated before, this thread is to keep the bid in the minds of fans and also for people to debate the project.

Someone said i was doing all the donkey work for the bid team, i would say they were doing all the donkey work for us members. We are always open to questions, so please ask.

Just back from a week away on holiday. Fantastic to see so many new sign ups, glad to see some people being convinced to take up membership (those who stated they might and have)

Thanks to you all.

Keep spreading the word please.

I will answer any questions i can or direct you to the website for those i cannot, but as stated before, this thread is to keep the bid in the minds of fans and also for people to debate the project.

Someone said i was doing all the donkey work for the bid team, i would say they were doing all the donkey work for us members. We are always open to questions, so please ask.

Are there established new fresh ideas that prospective sign ups could be party to in order to help with the final push for members?

If you are looking round wondering who will help achieve 1000 sign ups, look no further than yourself!

You can talk, discuss, debate and encourage others to get involved. Who better than Saints fans to talk this through and encourage other saints fans to sign up?

We are approaching 700 sign ups with over three weeks till the deadline, and that has been achieved largely by us, the fans signing up, and encouraging others to do so. Ignore the predictions of doom & gloom!

This is happening!

#BuyTheBuds

Currently 664, which is approaching 700, seemingly.

If the 664 doesn't jump up this weekend, pay weekend for many (I know money isn't required for a while but in peoples mind having money in the bank or pocket will make it an easier decision) I Doubt 700 will be reached before next weekend, leaving 300 required in under 2 weeks.

Not impossible, but hard to see 1000 being reached.

Decision time from the top men to go ahead faced with a disappointing response.

Firmly believe we will top 1000 sign ups, especially since the previous bid attracted hundreds of sign ups in the last 48 hours before the deadline. This bid is in a much healthier position because it is being led and driven by St Mirren fans, ordinary St Mirren fans doing their level best to bring this opportunity to the whole support.

If you want to look to who will make this bid succeed, look to St Mirren fans.

I believe when the clock ticks down to June 19 and fellow buds are left with the choice of now or never, they will choose now and sign up.

I think you may be right and I think I will be one of them, however it is a fairly important aspect re: prospective plans...

I'm not being doom and gloom, I simply would like to know a wee bit more about the plans that the new board would have should the bid be successful...

I think you may be right and I think I will be one of them, however it is a fairly important aspect re: prospective plans...

I'm not being doom and gloom, I simply would like to know a wee bit more about the plans that the new board would have should the bid be successful...

Continued good governance of the business,

Positive outlook,

New Energy,

A chairman we know,

Fan involvement,

Structure towards fan ownership,

Already better than what we have now.

I'm in.

All valid points, perhaps another meeting should be arranged before the deadline to address specific questions such as the ones you raise?

There should be a clear picture before conclusion of a successful bid of the aims & objectives for the club and Smisa, post takeover.

Continued good governance of the business,

Positive outlook,

New Energy,

A chairman we know,

Fan involvement,

Structure towards fan ownership,

Already better than what we have now.

I'm in.

The problem with the above is it's all "whataboutery", people are looking for something more structured and detailed.

The suggestion by LP above, another meeting, could help, IMO, to provide a clearer plan and objectives, more importantly, how these would be achieved.

Yes I think there are a few people in the same camp as you. I'm not convinced that the plans will be explained in any detail, I think at the end of the day it will be a bit of leap into the dark. I think that the draw of fan ownership and a fresh new dawn will win the day.

I think for a reality check we all have to understand, accept and give credit that the club is a well run business at the moment, albeit with greater potential to increase its revenue streams. So whatever plans, aims or objectives are discussed at another meeting, we should be looking more towards evolution than revolution.

The last thing anyone should expect or demand is to put at jeopardy the current steady path our club has been put on.

Your starter for ten of the 1000 odd memebership of Smisa being able to decide how/if they want to invest their funds in the club is a big step forward from where we are today, and the potential for Smisa membership to raise additonal funds through various events/means shows what we can do as ordinary fans/members.