Buy The Buds

buddiecat

Don't say that. I'm excited about this now. If it's going to be like Hearts the business will be a not for profit organisation which eliminates the risk of shareholder dividends, and the group will be working with the community running great initiatives like http://www.bighearts.org.uk/.

Eh....Hearts I is still a PLC..though not a listed one so is still a for profit org and BigHearts is independent of the Club like the Community trust at SMFC...not the same as SMISA Edited by rea

Eh....Hearts I is still a PLC..though not a listed one so is still a for profit org and BigHearts is independent of the Club like the Community trust at SMFC...not the same as SMISA

Ach you know these things better than I do Richard but the Foundation of Hearts website says it's a Not For Profit Organisation. unsure.png

I would suggest that the time to find out if the numbers are adding up is when the final figures of all 3 options are in and counted. Then one could say that the numbers didn't add up, to say now that the numbers don't add up is not an accurate statement.

I for one feel more confident that the target number of sign ups will be, rather than not be, achieved.

Edited by buddiecat

I would suggest that the time to find out if the numbers are adding up is when the final figures of all 3 options are in and counted. Then one could say that the numbers didn't add up, to say now that the numbers don't add up is not an accurate statement.

I for one feel more confident that the target number of sign ups will be, rather than not be, achieved.

To be fair it was more to do with a limited ability to use the English language that led to that statement, as the numbers clearly do add up, every time someone signs up. whistling.gif

Your idea of passing on information to others is a great idea, sadly most of the sad bastards posting on here clearly don't have any friends to share their thoughts with, given the amount of time they spend posting on here.biggrin.png

It's good to hear that more details about the bid should be forthcoming, although I can't help thinking it could have happened a bit earlier.

SMISA & GLS have give Saints fans a fantastic opportunity for the club to be owned by the fans.

I have faith that my fellow Buddies will grasp this chance as we approach the deadline and sign up. Yes it is a bit of a leap of faith, however I hope, pray and believe that after careful consideration people will come to the conclusion that this is the best way forward.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14523181.Revealed__the_offshore_firms_buying_up_Scottish_football/

A timely reminder of what can happen when outside investors come to town.

Beat me to it.

Worth a read for anyone who is currently swithering about fan ownership on the basis of a notion that the club will be fine regardless.

To be fair it was more to do with a limited ability to use the English language that led to that statement, as the numbers clearly do add up, every time someone signs up. whistling.gif

Your idea of passing on information to others is a great idea, sadly most of the sad bastards posting on here clearly don't have any friends to share their thoughts with, given the amount of time they spend posting on here.biggrin.png

It's good to hear that more details about the bid should be forthcoming, although I can't help thinking it could have happened a bit earlier.

This is obviously Gordons' call, personally i wouldn't blame him for not coming on here, given the amount of abuse that the current board have been given on here and also that given to the 10k hours consortium, maybe Gordon has decided he does not want to come on here and answer questions and then receive that sort of reply, when what he is planning is going to be for the good of our club (which he has already stated it will be)

Like i say i am convinced his motives are sound and will better our club, in fact i would be more concerned if he came on here promising this and that only for us to find that someone else has let him down and he couldn't fulfill that promise. I am happy that he has promised to further the fortunes of our club and that's all i need to know, i would be wary of any other promise from him which he made before taking over the reins, because until you know what you have and what you need to achieve from that then you can't go making promises.

Gordon needs to be in the hot seat and find out what he has been left to deal with before he can tell what he needs to get us back up the leagues, any speculation made before then would be just that - speculation. I want him to get control and then show he can improve our fortunes.

Just my view on the situation, nobody else has contributed to this view,

Edited by buddiecat

This is obviously Gordons' call, personally i wouldn't blame him for not coming on here, given the amount of abuse that the current board have been given on here and also that given to the 10k hours consortium, maybe Gordon has decided he does not want to come on here and answer questions and then receive that sort of reply, when what he is planning is going to be for the good of our club (which he has already stated it will be)

Like i say i am convinced his motives are sound and will better our club, in fact i would be more concerned if he came on here promising this and that only for us to find that someone else has let him down and he couldn't fulfill that promise. I am happy that he has promised to further the fortunes of our club and that's all i need to know, i would be wary of any other promise from him which he made before taking over the reins, because until you know what you have and what you need to achieve from that then you can't go making promises.

Gordon needs to be in the hot seat and find out what he has been left to deal with before he can tell what he needs to get us back up the leagues, any speculation made before then would be just that - speculation. I want him to get control and then show he can improve our fortunes.

Gordon should have been all over this forum, just like REA was. The official club forum is on life support, this place is the main St Mirren fan forum / means of communication. If the soundbites being issued are along the lines of a 'blitz' to get those of us already signed up to persuade more folk to do likewise - then Gordon should, along with the SMiSA leadership, be all over it like a rash.

I find his Howard Hughes-esque demeanour at this 'vital' juncture with numbers not near 1000 somewhat puzzling.

Edited by pozbaird

Gordon should have been all over this forum, just like REA was. The official club forum is on life support, this place is the main St Mirren fan forum / means of communication. If the soundbites being issued are along the lines of a 'blitz' to get those of us already signed up to persuade more folk to do likewise - then Gordon should, along with the SMiSA leadership, be all over it like a rash.

I find his Howard Hughes-esque demeanour at this 'vital' juncture with numbers not near 1000 somewhat puzzling.

Yeah, it almost feels like Gordon Scott and the SMiSA committee have resigned themselves to the fact that either St Mirren fans will back the bid or they won't and it's no skin off their nose if people don't. I can understand that and I can understand how frustrating it must be for them to have gone through all the hard work of negotiating a deal and promoting it only for supporters to - it seems - not back it in the numbers required.

I get their PR strategy. It's classic politics. The less you say you'll do, the less people will question you or find flaws in what you are planning. You'll remember how tight 10000Hours got it when they mentioned the church, or when there was talk of a laundrette, I can understand SMiSA wanting to avoid that. Thing is that works if you have momentum behind you, but it's not going to work if a big Social Media push this weekend has only netted 13 new sign ups in 3 days.

Hopefully they'll get there. I'd feel far more settled in my contribution if they announced that once the bid completes they'll make St Mirren a not for profit organisation or a Social Enterprise. I'd be much happier if there was a promise of working with community groups to increase footfall at the stadium. I live in hope.

I'm not interested in Gordon coming on here and subjecting himself to what you've described so well. I think he'd be off his head to do so.

I'd rather he posted some ideas/plans on the SMISA website.

I'm delighted Gordon is on board, but as I said earlier, the diehards have signed up. We're now into the individuals who need a bit more convincing to sign up than people like myself .

Edited by FTOF

I'm not interested in Gordon coming on here and subjecting himself to what you've described so well. I think he'd be off his head to do so.

I'd rather he posted some ideas/plans on the SMISA website.

I'm delighted Gordon is on board, but as I said earlier, the diehards have signed up. We're now into the individuals who need a bit more convincing to sign up than people like myself .

I don't see why GLS would be subjected to anything if he came in here, bar being asked questions that is. Why would he be subjected to abuse? There have been no 'Yul Brynner' characters posting that this new bid is a crock of shite and the people behind it shouldn't be allowed within a mile of St Mirren Park. There have been no St Sid types changing their online waffling to suit the way the wind is blowing on any particular day. There's been no panic that SG & Co are a steady hand on the rudder, with any new owner / chairman viewed with the utmost suspicion.

It has, quite frankly, been nothing even remotely like the shitstorm of pro and anti viewpoints, arguing and vitriol that marked the 10000hours years. It has, in my opinion, been a huge 'meh'.