Buy The Buds

buddiecat

Might be worth mentioning to your friends and family - this buyout bid is not just (though mainly is) about getting control of SMFC this is also about getting control of our wonderful facilities and opening them up for the good of our whole community. Schools, social clubs, nurseries, tenants/residents associations etc., can all benefit from our facilities. And i assure you i will be representing low cost (or no cost) access to the Paisley 2021 stadium for the good of all our community and beyond.

You don't have to be a saints supporter to sign up. SMiSA are currently working on plans to go out and engage with our community - let us know if we can help with anything you have in mind.

This is a message that you need to put out via the media. If I was swithering to sign up I'd say this would help...

Biggest diferences between this bid and the previous one memtioned are:

Smisa don't have any members co-opted onto the club board as directors

The club/sellers did loads of media supporting the last bid, they have not done so thus far for Smisa/GLS

This bid will succeed!

Well, if the selling consortium / club did lots of media support for the 10000hours bid, but haven't done it for SMiSA/GLS, and GLS himself (who will immediately become the new SG with as yet unknown people of his own choosing as his cohorts) being very quiet while REA was very noisy....

then why should rank and file supporters be going around banging drums and 'blitzing' fellow fans to sign up!?

I don't get it, I really don't. There is supposed to be some sort of urgency, some sort of 'this is our last chance' - but if the folk who haven't managed to sell the pup in over six years can't even be arsed supporting their preferred bid and the chairman-in-waiting is very quiet... I simply cannot understand it.

Someone needs to convince me that the selling consortium still actually give a fcuk, and that there is some plan ahead of GLS suddenly popping up on a balcony like Kim Jung Il, saluting as a parade of new signings drive up Greenhill Road on a fleet of flatbed trucks containing intercontinental ballistic missiles branded 'JD Sports, the undisputed kings of mass destruction'.

I'm just not feeling the love.

Edit: To re-iterate, I signed up early for the bid, I have no grouse with anyone in SMiSA or GLS, who I got on well with in our limited dealings. I want the bid to succeed and have indeed mentioned it to my circle of friends.... problem being, they support Sevco or Sellik, Glasgow Warriors rugby, or they are golfers with zero interest in supporting anyone other than the European Ryder Cup team. I have made friends with forum guys like Drew, BuddieinEK and Big Jake etc - but they hardly need me to blitz them with information, and my dad died in 2010.

My 'blitzing' isn't going too well.

Edited by pozbaird

Biggest diferences between this bid and the previous one memtioned are:

Smisa don't have any members co-opted onto the club board as directors

The club/sellers did loads of media supporting the last bid, they have not done so thus far for Smisa/GLS

This bid will succeed!

A, Did they ask? If they did they were presumably told no? if so why? if they did not ask but it is such an issue for those close to the bid like yourself then why did they not ask?

B. they have GLS as an ex Director who knows plenty and there is still a Director on Board who was involved with 10000hours have SMISA spoken to him or any other former directors for help?

C. I dont think the board have done any more or less PR than before, other than the amount of time has passed. 10000hours had a few joint statements similar to SMISA, what PR did 10000hours that SMISA have not had the opportunity to do also?

You have to be careful to distinguish between the Club and SMISA who will mearly be a most significant shareholder. The board of the Club has to work for the benefit of the Club not Smisa...and that's where a strategy document that lays out why and how it would be good for both needs articulated.

That's a bit rich coming from you, there were so many sideshows to the 10000hours bid that I was awaiting the announcement of Krusty the Clown as our new Chairman.

Krustytheclown.png

That's a bit rich coming from you, there were so many sideshows to the 10000hours bid that I was awaiting the announcement of Krusty the Clown as our new Chairman.

GLS would also have been the first Chairman, voted on by members thereafter, but the division between Club and CIC was very clear, although it was so clear it actually caused issues, becuase it complicated the model, making sure that everything was kept legally separate, all water under the bridge, folk can learn from my errors or not, i just put it out there as to what my mistakes were

Edited by rea

As I said The biggest difference between this bid and all its predecessors is this bid will succeed.

#BuyTheBuds

#ItIsHappening

I hope so, whereas you hoped not for the last FO bid...that is a difference also.

I am also sure that a Bid will be made...we will see what is accepted as there is still no exclusivity agreement as i understand it, why SMISA and GLS has not paid the returnable fee i do not understand

Edited by rea

Might be worth mentioning to your friends and family - this buyout bid is not just (though mainly is) about getting control of SMFC this is also about getting control of our wonderful facilities and opening them up for the good of our whole community. Schools, social clubs, nurseries, tenants/residents associations etc., can all benefit from our facilities. And i assure you i will be representing low cost (or no cost) access to the Paisley 2021 stadium for the good of all our community and beyond.

You don't have to be a saints supporter to sign up. SMiSA are currently working on plans to go out and engage with our community - let us know if we can help with anything you have in mind.

This should be put out there

Fitba is very tribial especially in the Renfrewshire area where the majority follow one of the ugly sisters where we are a very poor 3rd

The days where they had a soft spot for their local club is long gone

Why posters who claim to be all about fan ownership launch a series of posts with the objective of under-mining this fan-led bid for the club will be for them to answer.

This Is Happening, deal with it and get over yourself!

You really believe any of the shite posted on here will undermine the bid? lol.gif

People who believe in this, for whatever reason, will go for it no matter what is posted on here.

Likewise people who are unconvinced will not be swayed by some of the unadulterated shite that's spewed on here.

It will be what it will be.

There certainly is a lack of leadership in this bid as opposed to the previous one. Very little coming from GLS on his plans and limited media exposure and communication.

I really hope this bid 'sparks into life' soon, very soon.

Edited by repairman

Queen of the South are looking like they could end up having 1 fans rep on their board - without requiring 1000 fans to pay £12 per month for the next 10 years: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-south-scotland-36399389

I see the D & G council have 6600 shares in the club. Does anyone know if Renfrewshire council have Saints shares ?

Members Signed Up
as at 28th May 2016 21:50
Members Signed Up
  1. as at 30th May 2016 18:17

8 in 2 days, despite the social media blitz and it being the end of the month, pay day for many.

Running out of steam?

Over 300 required in 20 days = 15 every single day.

#unlikely

Edited by faraway saint

Look theres that guy who isn't across national media, in a national media article again!

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/14525074.Leaving_Las_Vegas__Scott_ready_to_turn_his_back_on_America_to_take_over_at_St_Mirren/?ref=ebls

#JoinTheProfessionals

#ItIsHappening

#BuyTheBuds

It's the wrong story though. It needs to be an article about what it all means and why the 'undecided' need to sign up.

Members Signed Up

• as at 30th May 2016 18:17

8 in 2 days, despite the social media blitz and it being the end of the month, pay day for many.

Running out of steam?

Over 300 required in 20 days = 15 every single day.

#unlikely

If there was a social and national media blitz as you say heaven help us then because I have seen very little off it.

Have to agree I'm not in Paisley this forum is the only place where I read anything. However I'm sure with a of push 300 odd fans can be found to sign up in time. A couple of good signings would probably help followed up with Alex Rae PR telling the fans we are going to go for it this season .

It is difficult in the present era in Scotland to generate any enthusiasm for anything to do with football, because as a nation we are rapidly falling off the scales in terms of the quality of football on offer compared to most other countries in Europe. This is made much worse by the fact that St Mirren have fallen so far behind other comparable clubs within Scotland in the past few years.

All the more reason to make a special effort to turn things round at St Mirren before it is too late.

So anyone who is swithering as to backing the present bid or not - get the finger out or watch your club wither away into oblivion.

It is difficult in the present era in Scotland to generate any enthusiasm for anything to do with football, because as a nation we are rapidly falling off the scales in terms of the quality of football on offer compared to most other countries in Europe. This is made much worse by the fact that St Mirren have fallen so far behind other comparable clubs within Scotland in the past few years.

All the more reason to make a special effort to turn things round at St Mirren before it is too late.

So anyone who is swithering as to backing the present bid or not - get the finger out or watch your club wither away into oblivion.

Oblivion??????

It's only a dodgy Tannoy we suffer from presently.

Calm doon.

Have we signed up any former players?Surely guys like Thommo,DVZ,Basher etc who had a love affair with the Club would be up for it.Also will the present BOD be putting their £12 a month in?

Edited by HSS