Buy The Buds

buddiecat

3 weeks to go and GLS is still talking at surface level - the current board want out (yip, we have known this for 7 years now) and it may be the last chance to secure fan ownership. I saw a SMISA facebook meme the other day with 3 reasons to back the bid and it was 3 ways of saying the same thing... why not just go with 1 reason?

Its disappointing that some people on here just continually complain about what the campaign says / what it doesn't say and still prevaricate as to whether they will sign up or not.

Everyone does not need to know everything upfront. People need to sign up and once the sale goes through, that's when the changes need to happen and that's when SMISA will work through that with Gordon.

If the sale does not go through and we are lolling about in the nether regions of the champoinship, simply do not come on here saying we need change, that ship will have sailed.

Guest TPAFKATS

Its disappointing that some people on here just continually complain about what the campaign says / what it doesn't say and still prevaricate as to whether they will sign up or not.

Everyone does not need to know everything upfront. People need to sign up and once the sale goes through, that's when the changes need to happen and that's when SMISA will work through that with Gordon.

If the sale does not go through and we are lolling about in the nether regions of the champoinship, simply do not come on here saying we need change, that ship will have sailed.

What a sensible post. Who's posting under your name?

People are entitled to air concerns as much as you are to ask people to sign up on nothing more than, well, nothing.

As for your last paragraph there is, again, nothing to suggest we will be in that position.

I actually get bored of the attempts to emotionally blackmail people into signing up

All about opinions but my view is you should be concerned about the failing attempt to get 1000 people to sign up.

Edited by faraway saint

That's only today's article, it's in hand.

I hope so, but why are you so sure?

I've signed up. More through blind faith and the belief that if I really felt things were going tits up then I could try to influence things.

Other people need more than my optimism though!

For me it boils down to three options.

1. Continue with the status quo with the club up for sale, but no buyer being found.

2. The club to be sold to a consortium or an individual, who has no connection with St.Mirren, who may or may not offer some form of fan involvement?

3. Sign up to a bid which guarantees some level of fan involvement, with people that have St.Mirren's interests at heart, at the helm of the club

I suppose I'm probably oversimplifying matters, but I don't realistically believe that there will be any other options that will be much different from these options.

Unless of course, I win the lottery.whistling.gif

Edited by FTOF

If the sale doesn't go through, we are lolling around, and SG and Co are still treading water trying to punt the club down the boozer for forty quid.... If you signed up to the bid, why couldn't you come on here sayng change is needed?

You might need to preface it by saying that you now recognise most people who profess to be St Mirren fans are apathetic basturts who only turn out for cup finals.... or, a lot of the St Mirren support didn't sign up because they simply couldn't be arsed after all the years of 10000hours failing, and they simply do not see a 'Hearts or Sevco' urgency to our situation.... or, a lot of St Mirren fans couldn't afford £12 a month these days on top of ST tickets / PATG outlay / away day outlay / car park pass outlay / merchandise and food outlay... or, a lot of St Mirren fans simply were unaware of the bid and didn't fancy it anyway... or, a lot of St Mirren fans don't want to fund SG & Co's get-out payment.... Or, or, or....

So, for whatever reason it MAY fail, if you signed up for it yourself, and down the line you want to come onto a fan forum to bemoan the fact change is very much needed - why couldn't you?

If the sale doesn't go through, we are lolling around, and SG and Co are still treading water trying to punt the club down the boozer for forty quid.... If you signed up to the bid, why couldn't you come on here sayng change is needed?

You might need to preface it by saying that you now recognise most people who profess to be St Mirren fans are apathetic basturts who only turn out for cup finals.... or, a lot of the St Mirren support didn't sign up because they simply couldn't be arsed after all the years of 10000hours failing, and they simply do not see a 'Hearts or Sevco' urgency to our situation.... or, a lot of St Mirren fans couldn't afford £12 a month these days on top of ST tickets / PATG outlay / away day outlay / car park pass outlay / merchandise and food outlay... or, a lot of St Mirren fans simply were unaware of the bid and didn't fancy it anyway... or, a lot of St Mirren fans don't want to fund SG & Co's get-out payment.... Or, or, or....

So, for whatever reason it MAY fail, if you signed up for it yourself, and down the line you want to come onto a fan forum to bemoan the fact change is very much needed - why couldn't you?

And that added what to the discussion?

Members Signed Up

• as at 30th May 2016 18:17

8 in 2 days, despite the social media blitz and it being the end of the month, pay day for many.

Running out of steam?

Over 300 required in 20 days = 15 every single day.

#unlikely

I retweeted and shard on twitter and facebook same as many others. However this is still only being seen by a small amount of people, most of whom have already committed. We need to hit other fans who may be undecided or in the dark. Would it cost much to put a bit in the national papers?

For me it boils down to three options.

1. Continue with the status quo with the club up for sale, but no buyer being found.

2. The club to be sold to a consortium or an individual, who has no connection with St.Mirren, who may or may not offer some form of fan involvement?

3. Sign up to a bid which guarantees some level of fan involvement, with people that have St.Mirren's interests at heart, at the helm of the club

I suppose I'm probably oversimplifying matters, but I don't realistically believe that there will be any other options that will be much different from these options.

Unless of course, I win the lottery.whistling.gif

you forgot option 4. Bury your head in the sand nd hope it will be ok

Now at 700, get in there.

Target Members

Members Signed Up

as at 31st May 2016 20:54

Massive thanks to the 700 people who have signed up, and i assume that's 700 people who think this is the best way forward for our club.

I am feeling proud of our great supporters.

700 is decent number. Just need everyone to canvas mates who attend games but might not have signed up yet. I genuinely think this proposal taking place during the close season is killing it. Sadly that can't be helped but had this been taking place in July through to say September then numbers would be totting up quite nicely with all the usual early season optimism that every club benefits from.

This can happen and I am sure there are comfortably 300 buds out there who just need a wee bit of persuasion from those signed up already.

I get the feeling Gordon Scott is not as keen / comfortable being in the spotlight as much as say Gilmour was but I genuinely think he will make an excellent chairman.

You need someone as charismatic as Div in front of mic with say Fitzy and someone like Christopher Brookmyre on board pushing this in the last couple of weeks.

Maybe another meeting should be planned next week and get some extremely positive people like Div and Chris at the table. #Div&Chrislovein

Spread the word peeps and make it happen. Just think what this could do for the club as a whole. Look what happened to Hearts and the positivity that seems to surround the club now.

Build it and they will come etc! :-)

Edited by Mr Zo

700 is decent number. Just need everyone to canvas mates who attend games but might not have signed up yet. I genuinely think this proposal taking place during the close season is killing it. Sadly that can't be helped but had this been taking place in July through to say September then numbers would be totting up quite nicely with all the usual early season optimism that every club benefits from.

This can happen and I am sure there are comfortably 300 buds out there who just need a wee bit of persuasion from those signed up already.

I get the feeling Gordon Scott is not as keen / comfortable being in the spotlight as much as say Gilmour was but I genuinely think he will make an excellent chairman.

You need someone as charismatic as Div in front of mic with say Fitzy and someone like Christopher Brookmyre on board pushing this in the last couple of weeks.

Maybe another meeting should be planned next week and get some extremely positive people like Div and Chris at the table. #Div&Chrislovein

Spread the word peeps and make it happen. Just think what this could do for the club as a whole. Look what happened to Hearts and the positivity that seems to surround the club now.

Build it and they will come etc! :-)

Agree 100% Zo.

Indeed ,anyone who attended the last meeting could see that he was not comfortable with the Mic, didn`t really like standing up in front of the audience & was far more comfortable taking questions when still sitting down.

As i said in my post meeting comments, give me that sort of person anyday over some of the smarmy ego trip snake oil salesmen types ( & football has had more than its fair share of them over the

years !)

The guys from SMISA spoke extremely well but perhaps as you say someone with a higher profile & public persona as spokesperson might engage people a bit more.

Also , George Adam ,as you would expect, was the consummate professional with the audience but the power of a wee bit of fan /player connection should not be underestimated.

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14523181.Revealed__the_offshore_firms_buying_up_Scottish_football/

A timely reminder of what can happen when outside investors come to town.

So what do we know about the tax affairs of Gordon Scott, with his businesses in Las Vegas and Spain? In Celtic's case the offshore companies in tax havens were linked to their major shareholder Dermott Desmond.

Sod players. Most of the players at the club today haven't been there for 12 months. Who gives a shit what their opinion is on fan ownership?

Do you know what, I've got what I needed over the weekend. I heard commitment from various SMiSA committee members, saying, with a fair degree of passion that they will do their bit to make the club better.

Buddiecat (I don't know the real name under the alias) made a great post on the forum saying that he would do his bit to open up the club to community groups to increase footfall in the stadium. Then I swapped e-mails with Colin Orr. "We want to form better links with the community." And finally a short PM exchange with John White outlining what he has already done to take the club out to the community, and stating his commitment to improving links.

I grew up with a belief that in being a St Mirren supporter I was supporting a real cause, a force for good. A club that loved it's town. A manager who went out on Saturdays and attempted to personally persuade people to come down to watch the team. A club that knew what was going on in it's town and a club that seldom missed out on a talented youngster. Looking back that childlike ideology probably was a hundred miles from the truth. Real Saints probably did smoke, no matter what the ad campaign claimed. And the club was clearly being run by the same kind of small minded talentless unambitious people that the current group of directors have become. But wouldn't it be nice if the future was more like that childish ideology? Wouldn't it be good if the club really did become something to be proud of?

Leap of faith? Aye, but at least now I've seen commitment from three SMiSA members. f**k it! I'm staying in.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

A very important milestone reached and still a good while left to go. Let's hope it now picks up pace as the deadline approaches.

Agreed, 700 is a milestone.

Next 300, needs a consistent number each day, I'd suggest 10 at least, to give any hope of a deadline rush to reach 1000.

Edited by faraway saint

So what do we know about the tax affairs of Gordon Scott, with his businesses in Las Vegas and Spain? .

As much as we know about the tax affairs of the people who have been in charge of the club for the last couple of decades.

So what do we know about the tax affairs of Gordon Scott, with his businesses in Las Vegas and Spain? In Celtic's case the offshore companies in tax havens were linked to their major shareholder Dermott Desmond.

What we do know is he doesn't want to own the club he wants to effectively lend the fans 600k interest free over ten years.

I'm sure if money was his driver he could have found a better way to invest 600k. Why all the negativity about a fellow Buddie who's one of our own?

You can say what you like about Gordon but one thing that's obvious to me is he is a force for good.

Edited by Kendo