Buy The Buds

buddiecat

752!

3/4 of the way there! Great effort so far.

Great to see some former players signing up. As someone mentioned earlier in the thread it would be terrific to see Sir Alex Ferguson sign up as that would give the bid some serious national exposure. A wee video footage or picture of Sir Alex would brilliant. I can't imagine he still has too many connections with people from the club / saints supporters now.

752!

3/4 of the way there! Great effort so far.

Great to see some former players signing up. As someone mentioned earlier in the thread it would be terrific to see Sir Alex Ferguson sign up as that would give the bid some serious national exposure. A wee video footage or picture of Sir Alex would brilliant. I can't imagine he still has too many connections with people from the club / saints supporters now.

Fergie was none to happy with St Mirren when he left.I don't know if that continued thru the years or if he mellowed in old age.

Fergie was none to happy with St Mirren when he left.I don't know if that continued thru the years or if he mellowed in old age.

Michael G contacted him when we did the book Love Street The Final Chapter.

Michael explained that the book was by fans and for fans, to which Sir Alex then agreed to give an interview.

I wrote to him afterwards with the full transcript of my interview of Tony Fitzpatrick and received a personal reply a week later.

Not all that hard to contact if keen enough... And a great idea imo.

If fans of today could mend that bridge who knows what could happen. With Tony F as CEO there has never been a better time or opportunity!

Edited by BuddieinEK

Great to see the sign up count heading in one direction. Hopefully the sellers will now take comfort from that, all the work Smisa are putting into the bid and give their public endorsement of the bid.

Although allegedly there is still another interested party, The sellers really want this to work, and are working with Smisa to enable this fan-led bid. It would take a brave, no extremely foolish man to try and usurp the fans bid for the club!

Michael G contacted him when we did the book Love Street The Final Chapter.

Michael explained that the book was by fans and for fans, to which Sir Alex then agreed to give an interview.

I wrote to him afterwards with the full transcript of my interview of Tony Fitzpatrick and received a personal reply a week later.

Not all that hard to contact if keen enough... And a great idea imo.

If fans of today could mend that bridge who knows what could happen. With Tony F as CEO there has never been a better time or opportunity!

Disnae' seem fair. You got Fitzy, Michael got Sir Grumpy Nuts, I got big Yogi.... who was a nutter to interview. An absolute gem of a guy, but a complete fruitloop!

Anyway.... Off topic. Maybe get Macca' to sign up...

#BuyTheBurdz

Guest TPAFKATS

As far as former players are concerned , Does anyone know why Thommo hasn't been involved ? Is there an issue ?

Keeping his money to pay back an EBT?

Seriously, mibees he has bought into it but he's keeping it quiet?

As far as former players are concerned , Does anyone know why Thommo hasn't been involved ? Is there an issue ?

don't know he did talk against fan ownership on an interview that was doing the rounds on p & b, though I did get the feeling most of his answers weren't that serious.

I've invited his brother in to the Facebook group a couple of times

Problem for Tony at the moment is that he most likely supports our bid but since he is an employee of the club and the current BOD he will not be able to support it publicly

The problem with people speaking for other people is that what someone may assume becomes fact in others minds................you are correct however in the fact it may be difficult for him to give his true opinion on the buy-out "either way" for a whole number of reasons

If the current directors of St Mirren were opposed to the bid then they would hardly allow SMISA the use of the corporate facilities to drum up support for the bid. They are silent about their support for the bid however their actions show that they are behind the bid.

The problem with people speaking for other people is that what someone may assume becomes fact in others minds................you are correct however in the fact it may be difficult for him to give his true opinion on the buy-out "either way" for a whole number of reasons

And that was all that I was pointing out that "most likely" he will be unable to publicly support the bud , correct I don't know for sure purely just my opinion given that he is a st Mirren employee ...

770 fellow buds signed up now!

Fan-tastic.....

Looking like at least 800 on board before next Monday's meeting, all set for the big push to 1000 and beyond.

Don't sit on the fence watching the parade go by!

And join the army In Black & White as they go 'Marching In'

Edit: Fitzy is right behind the bid, and has been for a while. if you need confirmation, ask him.

Edited by Lord Pityme

And that was all that I was pointing out that "most likely" he will be unable to publicly support the bud , correct I don't know for sure purely just my opinion given that he is a st Mirren employee ...

Gaz, I'm honestly not trying to pick a fight or be difficult but your reply now implies that he'll likely support the bid "as he's a St Mirren employee" and in turn that suggests that all St Mirren employees will be backing the bid which probably isn't the case.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all pledged up, but disinformation (no matter how well intentioned) can be misinterpreted or misplaced and can either cause damage or be used inappropriately as fact.

Gaz, I'm honestly not trying to pick a fight or be difficult but your reply now implies that he'll likely support the bid "as he's a St Mirren employee" and in turn that suggests that all St Mirren employees will be backing the bid which probably isn't the case.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all pledged up, but disinformation (no matter how well intentioned) can be misinterpreted or misplaced and can either cause damage or be used inappropriately as fact.

No all I'm "implying" is that as he's a St. Mirren employee he will be unable to give his opinion publicly whether he supports it or not .

This forum is all about opinions and this is merely my opinion and by no means a fact

Edited by gazmc83

No all I'm "implying" is that as he's a St. Mirren employee he will be unable to give his opinion publicly whether he supports it or not .

This forum is all about opinions and this is merely my opinion and by no means a fact

You're kind of making my point for me Gaz...............it's better to say nothing about what someone else might think. To quote you "Problem for Tony at the moment is that he most likely supports our bid but since he is an employee of the club and the current BOD he will not be able to support it publicly" leaves it to interpretation and there are people who will state it as fact and use it mischievously.

I'm honestly trying to help not criticise.

You're kind of making my point for me Gaz...............it's better to say nothing about what someone else might think. To quote you "Problem for Tony at the moment is that he most likely supports our bid but since he is an employee of the club and the current BOD he will not be able to support it publicly" leaves it to interpretation and there are people who will state it as fact and use it mischievously.

I'm honestly trying to help not criticise.

Point taken

If the current directors of St Mirren were opposed to the bid then they would hardly allow SMISA the use of the corporate facilities to drum up support for the bid. They are silent about their support for the bid however their actions show that they are behind the bid.

Or the current BoD are silent as some are not big fans of GLS and may not want to publicly back one bid in case it looks like they prefer that over other bidders or make the other bidders look like a back up plan?