Buy The Buds

buddiecat

I'm not really that bothered about supporter representation, although it would be helpful in some situations.

The main reason for me signing up, is in an attempt to keep the club out of the hands of potentially unscrupulous owners, who might not give flying f**k about the history of the club and its part in the community.

In my considered opinion, supporting the bid is the best way to reduce the chances of this happening.

I was speaking to a die hard supporter last week, who hadn't signed up. They said that they will, but because they didn't perceive a sense of urgency about the situation, they said they'd get round to it nearer the deadline. They also cited another couple of individuals with a similar outlook.

So I came on the forum to say to just confirm we have support for subscriptions in the Eurozone through our payment provider. For those out with the Eurozone I'll be setting members up via PayPal in the week running up to the 1st of July.

Do you have an estimate of how many additional members this could equate to?

Can't say for sure. We had several pledge support from abroad since day one which were counted in the main count. There has been a bit of an influx last few days from international members possibly due to he payment support we now have. I get the feeling when someone from abroad gets wind it spreads to friends and family who are then encouraged to join which creates a bit of a snowball effect.

Can't say for sure. We had several pledge support from abroad since day one which were counted in the main count. There has been a bit of an influx last few days from international members possibly due to he payment support we now have. I get the feeling when someone from abroad gets wind it spreads to friends and family who are then encouraged to join which creates a bit of a snowball effect.

Hopefully 10 days is enough for the snowballs.

Why are St Mirren fans not wanting their shares?

Are they not going to be St Mirren fans anymore?

Why are they demanding money from them?

The Club never makes decent or any profit.

It's is not a thriving Multi National Company.

I have never wanted or have been paid a Dividend for the 30 years that I have had my shares.

Something just ain't right about all this.

Is there a formal written agreement that ensures that GLS sells his shares to SMISA and not a third party who offers more money down the line ?

Yes full legal agreement to ensure we get the shares, even if Gordon were to exit this mortal coil before the share purchase is complete. Also legally agreed that we buy at the price he pays now, not at any inflated future price.

What about a little less conversation, a little more action?

Don't be cruel!

Things seemed to have stalled a bit at the 600 or so mark. My thoughts were that reaching 750 would provide the momentum to get this over the line (whether the full 1000 will be reached is another matter).

I can only see this happening now, and it will be great credit to everyone involved. No doubt, the real work will then start, but a freshness about the club is long overdue.

My hope is that a successful bid will have a cohesive effect, not just among the support, but the broader community also. There is huge potential for the club to develop its community credentials, and that has to be a priority.

I'll be very proud to be part of the new chapter of our wonderful club's history, no matter how small a part. The whole point of a community is that it is all about the sum of it's parts. I hope people see it that way, and don't get too caught up in what they have to gain by signing up. As more people join up, its certainly looking that way.

I've got a good feeling about this....

Edited by Drew

There will be a minimum 1000 signed up to #BuyTheBuds come deadline day.

As I said previously we need to now think about how, where and what it takes to get involved in taking our club to every part of the community.

I'd suggest that the number one priority should be to have an extra push to sign up more people. Once the bid is accepted, use the feel good factor to get other people on board. Generate some excitement around the new chapter, and push toward 1500.

The more people signing up, the sooner Gordon's shareholding can be bought over, and the additional money in SMiSA's coffers can be put to good use.

I think a good few folk will want to join up and be part of things after they learn that bid has been credible and the takeover is really going to happen.

Edited by Drew

I'd suggest that the number one priority should be to have an extra push to sign up more people. Once the bid is accepted, use the feel good factor to get other people on board. Generate some excitement around the new chapter, and push toward 1500.

The more people signing up, the sooner Gordon's shareholding can be bought over, and the additional money in SMiSA's coffers can be put to good use.

I think a good few folk will want to join up and be part of things after they learn that bid has been credible and the takeover is really going to happen.

Great post and I agree 100%. There will be a honeymoon period where there will be a one off opportunity to maximise the potential through the good feeling of getting this done. I'm sure that SMiSA are aware of this and have ideas to cash in on it.