Buy The Buds

buddiecat

Stewart Gilmour quoted in The Sun today saying the deal will happen on July 15 so either he's happy enough with the current sign-ups or is confident the 1,000 will be hit.

What's the latest with the lenders - I was out on Monday night so wasn't able to watch the meeting, although things may have progressed since then anyway.

Have you noticed the time on it 18.44 today.

I noticed that.

I've wondered if these numbers are being made up to generate excitement at the right time, and don't actually reflect how many have signed up.

Of course, as SMISA have said, if they don't get 1000 people signing up then why would they want to continue with the bid, so I doubt they would be deliberately making the figures look better than they are.

However I wonder if the 1000 was actually realised a while ago and they are drip feeding the totals to pull more sign ups out of the woodwork? Probably a load of rubbish, but an interesting conspiracy theory!

I imagine the time is human error. It's perhaps input manually and someone has put in 6.44pm instead of am or has Drew said above should be 08.44 instead of 18.44.

Edited by steve_the_saint

STEWART GILMOUR will hand over the keys to St Mirren on July 15.

Gilmour and the Buddies board have finally struck a takeover deal with businessman Gordon Scott and fans group SMISA.

An agreement has been reached with around 1000 Saints supporters signing up to pay £12 a month as part of the joint-ownership scheme.

Gilmour, in charge of Saints since 1998, told SunSport: "We’ve agreed a deal and I don’t see any obstacles in the way.

"By next month St Mirren will be under new ownership. The lawyers just need to exchange documents, with the plan for everything to be completed on July 15.

"We’re just delighted to have come to an agreement which sees the football club stay in the hands of Paisley people.

"Gordon Scott had combined with supporters and there will be fresh impetus at St Mirren and that can only be good thing.

"We believe they’ll take the club forward and after 18 years we can walk away knowing it’s in good hands.

"That’s all any of us on the board have wanted."

Stewart Gilmour quoted in The Sun today saying the deal will happen on July 15 so either he's happy enough with the current sign-ups or is confident the 1,000 will be hit.

What's the latest with the lenders - I was out on Monday night so wasn't able to watch the meeting, although things may have progressed since then anyway.

Video from Monday now available on YouTube.

http://youtu.be/XuF6qozhNeI?a

Stuart - You seem to be very knowledgeable about Youth & Community football. Looking at some of the names that have went Senior with your help should be applauded. I don't know the ins and outs of your "relationship" with the previous board, I am sure that any ideas you can bring to the table would be welcomed and considered.

Up until now that's another 953 people with hopefully fresh ideas to be heard.

Those people that are swithering and not sure if they think their 12 quid would give them a voice, please be assured that they will be.

Already I have given a couple of contacts to people at the club / SMISA and meetings are planned to hopefully increase the revenue stream. And that is just me......A fat ginger bloke with a wee idea.

Come aboard, it is going to be one hell of a journey, you don't want to be left behind.

"""" Need to stop drinking Red Bull at Breakfast """"""

Have you noticed the time on it 18.44 today.

Never mind that small unimportant typo. Have you seen the total? Let's concentrate on the positives. Well done everybuddie that signed up so far. We are going to smash 1,000.

So looking at the chairman's comments is that it done? No need for exclusivity payments or having the loan in place?

There is still the need for the exclusivity (down payment) to enable due dilligence to be completed whilst no other bidder can be considered, and the bid team have clear minds to complete this work.

As was announced at the meeting on Monday a deal is being done with the sellers who will accept a staged payment plan (deposit and monthly payment) at a very favourable interest rate to SMiSA members.

This deal which we have to thank the sellers for working with SMiSA to put forward means we can continue to work with a number of social funders to get a loan deal in place, again at interest rates that are favourable to SMiSA members. There is no need to rush and accept the first loan offer, SMiSA has put its self in a place whereby it can work to find the best loan available, and the best partnership for its members.

There is still the need for the exclusivity (down payment) to enable due dilligence to be completed whilst no other bidder can be considered, and the bid team have clear minds to complete this work.

As was announced at the meeting on Monday a deal is being done with the sellers who will accept a staged payment plan (deposit and monthly payment) at a very favourable interest rate to SMiSA members.

This deal which we have to thank the sellers for working with SMiSA to put forward means we can continue to work with a number of social funders to get a loan deal in place, again at interest rates that are favourable to SMiSA members. There is no need to rush and accept the first loan offer, SMiSA has put its self in a place whereby it can work to find the best loan available, and the best partnership for its members.

Sterling work from all involved.

STEWART GILMOUR will hand over the keys to St Mirren on July 15.

Gilmour and the Buddies board have finally struck a takeover deal with businessman Gordon Scott and fans group SMISA.

An agreement has been reached with around 1000 Saints supporters signing up to pay £12 a month as part of the joint-ownership scheme.

Gilmour, in charge of Saints since 1998, told SunSport: "Weve agreed a deal and I dont see any obstacles in the way.

"By next month St Mirren will be under new ownership. The lawyers just need to exchange documents, with the plan for everything to be completed on July 15.

"Were just delighted to have come to an agreement which sees the football club stay in the hands of Paisley people.

"Gordon Scott had combined with supporters and there will be fresh impetus at St Mirren and that can only be good thing.

"We believe theyll take the club forward and after 18 years we can walk away knowing its in good hands.

"Thats all any of us on the board have wanted."

What a fantastic chairman Stewart Gilmour has been for our club. Look at the mess he inherited and look at us now. Debt free and in fan ownership. There is NO bigger legend in the history of the club than Mr Gilmour IMO.

He deserves special recognition for his work and achievements.

Right. I now own a bit of the club? Or at least I feel that I have a new financial and emotional stake in it?

OK. Here are my demands....

Sausage rolls.

Club tie.

Opportunity to swan around the boardroom.

Entrance by the exclusive 'deluded fcukwit' door.

Hall of Fame panel.

Stadium corners filled in.

New safe standing singing areas.

JD Sports kicked to fcuk (draft in 150 trained Russian hooligan ninja warriors to do it).

Adidas brought in.

Kits on sale in the club shop.

A ban on Shull starting threads.

Dickson to engage brain before engaging keyboard fingers.

A ban on me mentioning Hall of Fame panels.

Audacious signing swoops for wee lower league midfielders who run around in circles a lot.

The stadium PA system fixed.

The back wall of the West Stand ripped out and the whole area doubled in size at the back.

No away fans in the West Stand.

Never, ever, use the phrase 'the jewel in the crown of this famous old club....' on the website.

Stop Div's scoops.

Fly the rainbow flag over FeegieField and give us all guns.

Flash up a 'Don't shoot Willie Collum' message on the scoreboard.

In fact, get the scoreboard tae' fcuk and erect new ones at the newly filled-in corners.

Rename the main stand 'The Sir Thommo of Hawk Handsome Basturt Stand'.

Bring back Dummett and Newton.

Arrange pre-season friendlies with Barcelona and, erm, Stirling Albion.

Ban jessie coloured boots.

Tell the Buddie Good Food Van to go easy on the onions.

That's it. Get it fcuking sorted Scott!

Edit. Nearly forgot... Forge stronger community links and have all the kids running around during the school holidays wearing Adidas St Mirren kits purchased from the club shop in May. If any of the wee fcukers wear Old Firm tops - shoot em' on site with our new club-branded pistols.

Job for the Fan Council right there.

Edited by pozbaird

Never mind that small unimportant typo. Have you seen the total? Let's concentrate on the positives. Well done everybuddie that signed up so far. We are going to smash 1,000.

I was not trying to imply that anything untowards was happening just found it amusing.

Right. I now own a bit of the club? Or at least I feel that I have a new financial and emotional stake in it?

OK. Here are my demands....

Sausage rolls.

Club tie.

Opportunity to swan around the boardroom.

Entrance by the exclusive 'deluded fcukwit' door.

Hall of Fame panel.

Stadium corners filled in.

New safe standing singing areas.

JD Sports kicked to fcuk (draft in 150 trained Russian hooligan ninja warriors to do it).

Adidas brought in.

Kits on sale in the club shop.

A ban on Shull starting threads.

Dickson to engage brain before engaging keyboard fingers.

A ban on me mentioning Hall of Fame panels.

Audacious signing swoops for wee lower league midfielders who run around in circles a lot.

The stadium PA system fixed.

The back wall of the West Stand ripped out and the whole area doubled in size at the back.

No away fans in the West Stand.

Never, ever, use the phrase 'the jewel in the crown of this famous old club....' on the website.

Stop Div's scoops.

Fly the rainbow flag over FeegieField and give us all guns.

Flash up a 'Don't shoot Willie Collum' message on the scoreboard.

In fact, get the scoreboard tae' fcuk and erect new ones at the newly filled-in corners.

Rename the main stand 'The Sir Thommo of Hawk Handsome Basturt Stand'.

Bring back Dummett and Newton.

Arrange pre-season friendlies with Barcelona and, erm, Stirling Albion.

Ban jessie coloured boots.

Tell the Buddie Good Food Van to go easy on the onions.

That's it. Get it fcuking sorted Scott!

Edit. Nearly forgot... Forge stronger community links and have all the kids running around during the school holidays wearing Adidas St Mirren kits purchased from the club shop in May. If any of the wee fcukers wear Old Firm tops - shoot em' on site with our new club-branded pistols.

Job for the Fan Council right there.

Cannae disagree with any of the above.

It is indeed input manually and it's myself that does it. Was on a busy train on way to work this morning trying to update it so apologies it should have been 08:44. Has been amended now.

Can't accuse you of posting inaccuracies Barry.

You have been a constant source of reliable and unemotional information, and for that you deserve lots of credit. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Can't accuse you of posting inaccuracies Barry.

You have been a constant source of reliable and unemotional information, and for that you deserve lots of credit. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Sooky bassa

I was not trying to imply that anything untowards was happening just found it amusing.

Yes but it would be nice if you posted something positive for a change or recognised the work and achievements that many have worked so hard for.

PS I do like some of your posts but this isn't the time for negativity.

Oh, and may I be the first to pass this message on to Chick Young....

GIRFUY!

What odds on Chico performing a 'fan ownership' U Turn so sharp that it defies the laws of physics. Was he actually involved in a rival bid? Was there a genuine, real, rival bid that he was part of?

What odds on Chico performing a 'fan ownership' U Turn so sharp that it defies the laws of physics. Was he actually involved in a rival bid? Was there a genuine, real, rival bid that he was part of?

Did he not recently do just that in a piece in the PDE? I don't read it, but I remember someone on here mention it.

At least I think I do .

In light of Stewart Gilmour's comments it would be good to see something from SMiSA about what the current state of play is and where things go from now. At the very least, something is needed as the chairman's remarks may make people who were considering signing up think there's now no need.