Buy The Buds

buddiecat

In light of Stewart Gilmour's comments it would be good to see something from SMiSA about what the current state of play is and where things go from now. At the very least, something is needed as the chairman's remarks may make people who were considering signing up think there's now no need.

Good point, though I hope (and suspect) that people will now know that the bid was credible, and they will want to be part of it.

I made this point last week. I think some people have been more sceptical than others - perhaps with good reason. Some of us signed up with the heart leading the head, but others will have been a bit more circumspect. It wouldn't surprise me to see quite a few people getting caught up in the feel good factor and opting to sign up now.

Fingers crossed anyway.

In and happy.

Thanks Barry.

And I am no being sooky.

Sausage rolls all round in Boardroom?

Dae I need a tie?

Don't tell me you've let your heart rule your wallet?

Welcome aboard auld grumpy drawers.

Edited by Kendo

In light of Stewart Gilmour's comments it would be good to see something from SMiSA about what the current state of play is and where things go from now. At the very least, something is needed as the chairman's remarks may make people who were considering signing up think there's now no need.

I think Stewart's comments very much took SMISA by surprise and I expect a statement this evening

Surprised the whole deal is going to go through as quickly as July 15th!

Are we to assume that some of the selling consortium have agreed to wait for their full money, thus negating the need for borrowing any money at all?

If so that would be great news.

Are we to assume that some of the selling consortium have agreed to wait for their full money, thus negating the need for borrowing any money at all?

I believe the sellers have agreed to an up front payment and then staged payments over an agreed timeframe of 2 years. I might be wrong with the timeframe but that is what I read into the comments on Monday night.

Yes div selling consortium have agreed to stagger payments monthly until a loan is in place , this was confirmed by David Nicol at the meeting

Yes div selling consortium have agreed to stagger payments monthly until a loan is in place , this was confirmed by David Nicol at the meeting

Fair play to them for agreeing this. Presumably they will get an up front payment from Gordon, though?