Buy The Buds

buddiecat

Having a catering company to tender is the easiest way. The club would need to employ a catering manager as a lot of organising is involved plus the club has the hassle of employing staff for match days which involves a whole load more problems for the club. It's also hard to get a chef just for a Saturday and the odd week days for hospitality All staff would need basic food handlers certificates at a cost to the club. Far easier putting the catering contract out to tender where a catering company have everything needed to run the show plus have back up staff when needed. Have ran catering units for years so have a good insight to requirements needed.

Surely don't need a chef to heat up a pie

Having a catering company to tender is the easiest way. The club would need to employ a catering manager as a lot of organising is involved plus the club has the hassle of employing staff for match days which involves a whole load more problems for the club. It's also hard to get a chef just for a Saturday and the odd week days for hospitality All staff would need basic food handlers certificates at a cost to the club. Far easier putting the catering contract out to tender where a catering company have everything needed to run the show plus have back up staff when needed. Have ran catering units for years so have a good insight to requirements needed.

£9 for an 80 serving drum of Bovril from Makro...return per drum (@ £2 per cup) £160

£1 for 4 scotch pies from Iceland...return (per 4 pies) £8.80

£1 for 100 tea-bags from Poundland...I don't drink tea so don't know much it costs at SMP but again the potential profits must be in the 100s of %.

There must be numerous other examples. Surely if the fans are going to be obscenely fleeced at the catering outlsts, that obscene profit should be going directly to the club and not a third party..

£9 for an 80 serving drum of Bovril from Makro...return per drum (@ £2 per cup) £160

£1 for 100 tea-bags from Poundland...I don't drink tea so don't know much it costs at SMP but again the potential profits must be in the 100s of %.

There must be numerous other examples. Surely if the fans are going to be obscenely fleeced at the catering outlsts, that obscene profit should be going directly to the club and not a third party..

My wife was charged £1.80 for a cup of hot water at the game v Morton.

There is also the cost of catering equipment (do not know who owns the stuff in the stadium), electricity, staff wages, transport, insurance, staff training etc - even if a game is called off and you are left with all the food. Profit margins are a hell of a lot less than the above suggestion.

I would like to volunteer to be the official beer taster in hospitality . I also have extensive experience in both red & white wine .

Me for the beers since I have 44 years experience. You can stick with the plonk drinks_cheers.gif

Anyone know more about this Qatari bid for the club, where has it come from ?

Please don't say Qatar !

The bid from Qatari group is the one we knew about, there were no named persons (and still are none) so couldn't give the info out, i did think it would not surface until we got over the 1000 mark, and have been proved right, at this stage it's words in a newspaper and our deposit is on it's way to the consortium. No idea why someone would want to print this in the press without letting SMiSA know about it.

Suffice to say our bid is in and at a set price and nothing will change on that, i can assure you all that as soon as we know what's occurring here i will let you know. Meanwhile it's just a newspaper story, nobody has contacted SMiSA regarding this.

The bid from Qatari group is the one we knew about, there were no named persons (and still are none) so couldn't give the info out, i did think it would not surface until we got over the 1000 mark, and have been proved right, at this stage it's words in a newspaper and our deposit is on it's way to the consortium. No idea why someone would want to print this in the press without letting SMiSA know about it.

Suffice to say our bid is in and at a set price and nothing will change on that, i can assure you all that as soon as we know what's occurring here i will let you know. Meanwhile it's just a newspaper story, nobody has contacted SMiSA regarding this.

Your chairman is quoted in the article!

Have a wee think why the cost of food and drinks are so expensive. I have not seen the catering contract , however if I was making a contract up it would be a substantial payment up front or ( and ) a percentage of each item sold. Ether way it is best to have a catering company run the show as it is only one day a week in most cases.

Welcome to Football SMISA, same thing happened at least twice with 10000hours...important thing is to have a point man to answer any media and not to have to go round the committee doors preparing a rebuttal where one is needed...so far so good Edited by rea

IIRC about 1350...posted it ages ago will look it up again but not really relevant now that bid target is reached....onward and upwards

Cheers.

I was only thinking of it as a guide to overall progress of the current bid and sign ups. Anything approaching the 10000Hours sign up rate has to be considered as very positive indeed.

Cheers.

I was only thinking of it as a guide to overall progress of the current bid and sign ups. Anything approaching the 10000Hours sign up rate has to be considered as very positive indeed.

No reason at all why it could not now kick on to around the 2000 mark....but do not underestimate the work required to maintain that sort of level.