Buy The Buds

buddiecat

No reason at all why it could not now kick on to around the 2000 mark....but do not underestimate the work required to maintain that sort of level.

Oh, I don't think many people will be underestimating the level of work required.

Delighted to see this is happening.

A St Mirren diehard who wants to use his money to guide the club to a sustainable future which ultimately ends in fan ownership. It's perfect.

In the Q&A Gordon mentioned a few times how tired the current board are. There's no doubt that's resulted in lethargy at the club for the past few years. I really hope the positivity surrounding this deal and the closer link between fans and club can transfer to success on the park.

Edited by Julian Banjos

From watching the progress of the sign ups to the bid, one of the most noticeable and outstanding points to come out of the process is the number of distant supporters, and non-regular supporters, who for one reason or another, can't attend matches at all, or only on an occasional basis, and therefore don't have the chance to contribute to the club regularly through tickets, car park, hospitality, or whatever, but have now jumped at the chance to be financially involved, to secure it's future and maintain their links with the club. I know a good number will buy season tickets anyway, but it is the broader reach that this bid has tapped into so successfully, really helping to re-connect a lot of people with their club.

I spent many years not being able to attend matches due to being self-employed and having to constantly work weekends to try and grow a business, and it is now good being able to attend matches, and make a contribution to buy the buds, which feels like it will help to make a difference.

I actually feel that Buy the Buds will have a long-lasting positive effect on the club, and with Paisley applying for 2021 City of Culture, may well help in giving the town it's MoJo back.

Once again, well done to absolutely everyone involved in organising the bid, the fans from near and far who have signed up, and to those who are thinking about it, if you love the club and the town, get on board and see St. Mirren flourish in a bright new era for the club.

Edited by sally02

I

From watching the progress of the sign ups to the bid, one of the most noticeable and outstanding points to come out of the process is the number of distant supporters, and non-regular supporters, who for one reason or another, can't attend matches at all, or only on an occasional basis, and therefore don't have the chance to contribute to the club regularly through tickets, car park, hospitality, or whatever, but have now jumped at the chance to be financially involved, to secure it's future and maintain their links with the club. I know a good number will buy season tickets anyway, but it is the broader reach that this bid has tapped into so successfully, really helping to re-connect a lot of people with their club.

I spent many years not being able to attend matches due to being self-employed and having to constantly work weekends to try and grow a business, and it is now good being able to attend matches, and make a contribution to buy the buds, which feels like it will help to make a difference.

I actually feel that Buy the Buds will have a long-lasting positive effect on the club, and with Paisley applying for 2021 City of Culture, may well help in giving the town it's MoJo back.

Once again, well done to absolutely everyone involved in organising the bid, the fans from near and far who have signed up, and to those who are thinking about it, if you love the club and the town, get on board and see St. Mirren flourish in a bright new era for the club.

I wish we had done something like this years ago as an additional source of income for fans that want to contribute but struggle to make the games. Great wee source of income to spur the club on.

I just really hope the fans maintain their commitment and we don't see a big cancellation fall out.

I'm in the process of setting up more international subscriptions this week for those outside the Eurozone. I've emailed everyone that had already enquired but in case anyone else hadn't got in touch give me an email at [email protected]. We're going with PayPal until GoCardless rolls out more support or we can get something more appropriate.

Have a wee think why the cost of food and drinks are so expensive. I have not seen the catering contract , however if I was making a contract up it would be a substantial payment up front or ( and ) a percentage of each item sold. Ether way it is best to have a catering company run the show as it is only one day a week in most cases.

Yeah the usual line by people who have no idea how businesses like this are run is to think it's valid to compare the cost of buying stuff like tea (pennies per bag) with the price at the till (£2 for example) and then immediately leaping to the conclusion that obscene profits are being made.

The core cost for a business like that will be rent, wages, other employee costs and utilities.

A tea shop in a high street or other place where there is a decent amount of footfall might have outgoings of around £50k to £100k per year.

That would require a hell of a lot of tea to be sold just to break even.

25,000 to 50,000 cups of tea a year to be precise.

For a six day week that would be about 80 to 160 cups of tea per day or equivalently around 8 to 16 cups of tea every hour of every day the shop is open (bear in mind the fact that the shop will probably only have perhaps a maximum of 2 to 4 busy hours per day)!! Just to break even and receive no salary yourself!!!

Good luck to anyone who can sell that amount.

There are no obscene profits being made by the vast majority of people running this type of business.

I suspect these are some of the reasons why the club doesn't provide these services inhouse.

Yeah the usual line by people who have no idea how businesses like this are run is to think it's valid to compare the cost of buying stuff like tea (pennies per bag) with the price at the till (£2 for example) and then immediately leaping to the conclusion that obscene profits are being made.

The core cost for a business like that will be rent, wages, other employee costs and utilities.

A tea shop in a high street or other place where there is a decent amount of footfall might have outgoings of around £50k to £100k per year.

For a six day week that would be about 80 to 160 cups of tea per day or equivalently around 8 to 16 cups of tea every hour of every day the shop is open (bear in mind the fact that the shop will probably only have perhaps a maximum of 2 to 4 busy hours per day)!! Just to break even and receive no salary yourself!!!

There are no obscene profits being made by the vast majority of people running this type of business.

I suspect these are some of the reasons why the club doesn't provide these services inhouse.

The basis of my post is pointing out the cost to the club. Just like if you are serving food at T In The Park there is a high rental cost to be paid for which reflects the high selling price of food and drinks. The same goes for football stadiums.

I think you summed that up to a 'tea' :D

Will we receive confirmation as soon as the £100K payment has been made and exclusivity secured?

We'll need a DivScoop*

*Terms & Conditions apply. All information correct at the time of posting. DivScoops take no responsibility for scoops that go poops.

The basis of my post is pointing out the cost to the club. Just like if you are serving food at T In The Park there is a high rental cost to be paid for which reflects the high selling price of food and drinks. The same goes for football stadiums.

Exactly. I was agreeing with you bud.