Buy The Buds

buddiecat

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

It's a fans party BTW. No customers permitted! Or does your new avatar pic suggest that you are a fan again? :o

I don't think being a "fan" is a decision someone can make. 

I will be attending the Hamilton v St Mirren match on Saturday. I'll have a better idea then if how I feel about the club has changed with a new owner. But it's great news the old board has gone and congratulations are definitely due to all of the 1300 that made it possible - and ofcourse to the guys at SMiSA. Well done. 

1 minute ago, Mr Zo said:

Brilliant news! To get this off the ground and get 1300 people signed up is a tremendous achievement by all involved.

I think Gordon Scott will make a great chairman. There really is a lot to get excited about. :-)

if he doesnt ill snap him :P

I don't think being a "fan" is a decision someone can make. 

I will be attending the Hamilton v St Mirren match on Saturday. I'll have a better idea then if how I feel about the club has changed with a new owner. But it's great news the old board has gone and congratulations are definitely due to all of the 1300 that made it possible - and ofcourse to the guys at SMiSA. Well done. 

Good to see you'll be giving the new board plenty of time to get their feet under the table [emoji23]

Can I, as a member, ask for one consideration?

As I'm sure everyone on here is aware, we lost one of our own recently in Tam McGarry. I know Tam was signed up for Buy the Buds, but didn't make it to see it come to fruition.

Regardless of whether or not the first direct debit was made, I, and I'm sure many others, would love to see Tam's name on the founder members plaque thing.

Tam was one of the best human beings I've ever met, and was a Buddie to the core. The North End bus and the back row of W4 feels strange without him.

Being on the plaque would be a fitting tribute to a man with St Mirren in his heart, body and soul.

Darren

Edited by dardo

As I'm sure everyone on here is aware, we lost one of our own recently in Tam McGarry. I know Tam was signed up for Buy the Buds, but didn't make it to see it come to fruition.

Regardless of whether or not the first direct debit was made, I, and I'm sure many others, would love to see Tam's name on the founder members board.

Tam was one of the best human beings I've ever met, and was a Buddie to the core. The North End bus and the back row of W4 feels strange without him.

Being on the plaque would be a fitting tribute to a man with St Mirren in his heart, body and soul.

Darren

Amen.
Seconded.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Black & White Army mobile app

6 hours ago, dardo said:

Regardless of whether or not the first direct debit was made, I, and I'm sure many others, would love to see Tam's name on the founder members plaque thing.

Darren

Tams payment has been made and will continue to be paid by his wife Mary.Buy the Buds was very close to his heart and i echo my mates sentiments that he is recognised by the club in a way that is fitting for a guy who invested heavily in St Mirren every season.He hated fuss and would be so taken aback that so many of our supporters are calling for a lasting tribute in his memory.Tam was St Mirren and deserves any memorial the club may give.

In the 14th minute of the game against Morton there will be a minutes applause for Tam and his family will be attending the match.I can think of no better way to show the McGarry family how much he was loved by us all.After the game we will all be heading to Langs for a celebration of his life and maybe catch the Uni celebration also.Tam was special and i hope as many of you as possible can join us on the day.

We are St Mirren.

1 hour ago, dardo said:

Thanks Broony, should probably have asked you first, before posting that.

We need to get the news of the 14th minute applause thing out there.

Not at all mate.I will be posting the 14th minute applause as a new topic,I,m hoping that the official site will post it as well.

Edited by northendsaint