Buy The Buds

buddiecat

I spoke to a Saints fan last night and asked him if he had signed up.

He didn't know anything at all about it.

He does now and he told me he'd sign up when he got home last night.

I guess when you spend a lot of your time online you forget that there are hundreds, or thousands of fellow Saints fans who don't.

I think I have mentioned this before that a few fans around me are retired; not IT savvy and do not go to away games. Some supporting mates are also not IT savvy and some do not own/use a computer. A wee leaflet on their seats at the last Home game may be the best way of getting the message across

Edited by Sonny

I think I have mentioned this before that a few fans around me are retired; not IT savvy and do not go to away games. Some supporting mates are also not IT savvy and some do not own/use a computer. A wee leaflet on their seats at the last Home game may be the best way of getting the message across

I wonder to what extent the club would/could assist in supporting something like this. If they would be willing (able), they could provide ST mailing list? I suspect they need to keep a distance for some commercially sensitive reason or another.

I wonder to what extent the club would/could assist in supporting something like this. If they would be willing (able), they could provide ST mailing list? I suspect they need to keep a distance for some commercially sensitive reason or another.

I also wonder if RIchard would be willing to share with SMISA contact details of the 1200 who signed up for 10000 hours ?

in the short term there are handouts explaining everything including how to get in touch without internet access in all the food outlets, in the club shop and in main reception should you miss anyone handing them out

we have more available so if anyone is aware of several people not getting info please ask for several at any of the above and feel free to distribute to others, such as those you mention

we will continue to keep the shop or reception supplied after sunday and through the close season

hopefully will be out on sunday with more handouts so please don't hesitate to ask for several if you are in a position to distribute further

thanks

Not sure how many fans are in Dundee but made sure mention was made, unfortunately the web address did not get included

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-united/162294/dundee-united-fans-told-can-secure-clubs-future/[/quote

Richard is there any way of Supplying SMISA the database from 10000 hours sign up ? Or would that be ( as others have suggested ) against data protection ?

Edited by gazmc83

Not sure how many fans are in Dundee but made sure mention was made, unfortunately the web address did not get included

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-united/162294/dundee-united-fans-told-can-secure-clubs-future/[/quote

Richard is there any way of Supplying SMISA the database from 10000 hours sign up ? Or would that be ( as others have suggested ) against data protection ?

There would be a number of hurdles to cross before that would be possible

Great news that the fans council are getting behind the bid and will be contacting all season ticket holders re the next meeting on the 19th May, after that meeting I'm confident we will get over the line !

I'm in the "concerned" camp rather than the "confident" camp.

Reasons being there's still 50% still to commit, the timing isn't good being at the end of the season and there's only approx 4 weeks to achieve the required number.

Still possible but far from certain IMO.

Edited by faraway saint

I was also getting concerned but more confident now after the fans council statement and contacting season ticket holders also with George being in the 1877 club before and after game should hopefully have an effect , I also am led to believe there will be increased media coverage around this next meeting and that it will be video's and streamed online with members on hand with laptops to sign people up on the night

Edited by gazmc83

Reasons being there's still 50% still to commit, the timing isn't good being at the end of the season and there's only approx 4 weeks to achieve the required number.

I think you're right to be concerned but I believe that they will get there. Will be interested to meet GLS in the 1877 club haven't met or heard him. I'm sure that him being there will help a lot.

The thing against them is the season ending with no more opportunities to meet the fans going to the matches. The timing of the launch is a bit unfortunate.

However I think they'll get there and I hope they'll get there.

Why is George the public face of this bid rather than Gordon?

I'm not having a go here just genuinely intrigued as to why Gordon isnt more visible on this.

Given the lack of strong leadership at the club in the last few years, it is a little concerning to me that he is standing back and letting George take the lead role.

Is it maybe that he thinks people might think there is something in it for him personally if he's seen to be pushing it whereas that's less likely if a respected local MP fronts it?

faraway saint, on 30 Apr 2016 - 00:53, said:

Is it not eight weeks? I was under the impression that it was a 1st of July cut off point.

Is it not eight weeks? I was under the impression that it was a 1st of July cut off point.

July is the date for money coming out of peoples accounts but the end of May is when GLS has said he wants everything in place for target of 1000 to be met if not the deal will be off.Thats my understanding of it.

July is the date for money coming out of peoples accounts but the end of May is when GLS has said he wants everything in place for target of 1000 to be met if not the deal will be off.Thats my understanding of it.

I can find nothing in the SMiSA website mentioning May, but then I've not been able to attend any meetings ( for obvious reasons ) so it's entirely possible that I'm mistaken about this.

Why is George the public face of this bid rather than Gordon?

I'm not having a go here just genuinely intrigued as to why Gordon isnt more visible on this.

Given the lack of strong leadership at the club in the last few years, it is a little concerning to me that he is standing back and letting George take the lead role.

Is it maybe that he thinks people might think there is something in it for him personally if he's seen to be pushing it whereas that's less likely if a respected local MP fronts it?

I'd think there are 2 main reasons.

First it is a SMiSA bid and George is the chairperson of SMiSA but I don't think Gordon is on the SMiSA committee

Second, if Gordon was the public face it could possibly be seen as a conflict of interest which could lead to all sorts of problems in the future, possibly even legal issues.

You have to view SMiSA and Gordon being separate and this being a 2 part deal, as Gordon could possibly be seen to profit from the second part of the deal would it be wise to have him front the first part ?