buddiecat

Buy The Buds

Also what is the scope for people who are backing it through their businesses to be recognised. Tam on here said he has a hairdressers and someone said well that would be 1000 new customers but will there be a publication whether a magazine or an email telling us all where his shop is?

I would be delighted to use other buddies businesses but how do we learn about them?

To be fair I did read that but I thought it was just a copy of the bricks on the main stand idea.

If its going to be inside then what happens if you are west stand customer or if you are doing it on behalf of a late partner will never get a chance to see a members board

I get the feeling there is a missed opportunity that would persuade the maybes to a yes and the NO to a maybe to get closer to the number required

To be fair I did read that but I thought it was just a copy of the bricks on the main stand idea.

If its going to be inside then what happens if you are west stand customer or if you are doing it on behalf of a late partner will never get a chance to see a members board

I get the feeling there is a missed opportunity that would persuade the maybes to a yes and the NO to a maybe to get closer to the number required

Care just has to be taken to recognize the separate legal entities that are involved.

The Club is owned by its shareholders.

It just so happens that one of those shareholders will also be a company SMISA owned by its fan members, but despite them (hopefully) owning the majority they are simply a shareholder like any of the other IIRC 900 shareholders and so the Company (which is the Club) needs to be careful not to do anything that treats one shareholder differently than another, no matter how justified it might be in terms of promoting a FO bid....equally the bidder needs to be careful not to appear to be offering (as a result of its shareholding) any assets of the Club to just itself and by default its members as a result of a potentially majority shareholding position.

Good to see so many questions coming out from fellow buds re Smisa & GLS bid. Would be great if these and many more are brought up at the public meeting 19 May in the hospitality suite for Smisa & Gordon to answer directly, alternatively Smisa/Gordon will be inviting questions from those who cannot attend to be put to the bid team on the night.

The meeting is being streamed live, as well as recorded so as many buds as possible can be involved.

Remember as a Smisa member its your ideas that count and make the difference! Its easy to look round for others to think of, and suggest everything. But as a Smisa member you have a genuine reponsibilty to do the right thing for the club and the trust. If younwant to know who has the real influence in this bid..? Look in the mirror bud!

Direct you're questions to Smisa & GLS if you want the full and correct answer, avoid others agendas.

Good to see so many questions coming out from fellow buds re Smisa & GLS bid. Would be great if these and many more are brought up at the public meeting 19 May in the hospitality suite for Smisa & Gordon to answer directly, alternatively Smisa/Gordon will be inviting questions from those who cannot attend to be put to the bid team on the night.

The meeting is being streamed live, as well as recorded so as many buds as possible can be involved.

Remember as a Smisa member its your ideas that count and make the difference! Its easy to look round for others to think of, and suggest everything. But as a Smisa member you have a genuine reponsibilty to do the right thing for the club and the trust. If younwant to know who has the real influence in this bid..? Look in the mirror bud!

Direct you're questions to Smisa & GLS if you want the full and correct answer, avoid others agendas.

What's your position within SMISA LP?

As I'm in Tenerife I'll not be able to ask the questions personally on the night so I'm glad that buddiecat has answered the questions I've asked and rea for his contribution. It's highlighted a potential problem that I'm sure will be easily rectified and watched out for in the future.

If anyone thinks I've got or party to any agenda against this buy out then they are mistaken.

Personally speaking I'm happy to pay £12 a month for ten years just to know that my kids and grandkids will have a club to follow and "enjoy" in years to come.

I don't care about having my name on a wall and I've no interest in sitting on boards or committees.

I'd also be happy to keep contributing to a fund even after the club is bought and paid for but I'd want to see that money invested in the club either in terms of the academy or the infrastructure/facilities for the supporters.

Stuff like stadium maintenance should be budgeted for by the club. I don't think the fans can really be expected to pay for that on top of everything else!

I spoke with a fella last night who I don't know that well, but he's a Saints fan I see every week and I did struggle to explain why he should be signing up. Eventually I just said he should attend the meeting and find out more.

As I'm in Tenerife I'll not be able to ask the questions personally on the night so I'm glad that buddiecat has answered the questions I've asked and rea for his contribution. It's highlighted a potential problem that I'm sure will be easily rectified and watched out for in the future.

If anyone thinks I've got or party to any agenda against this buy out then they are mistaken.

Fan-tastic!

Buddiecat is a Smisa board member so you are hitting the spot there.

Whats yours?

I was a only asking as your post was very "official",thought you may have been involved in the bidding process.

Sorry for asking.

During lunch was speaking to my companies lawyer and he has basically backed what REA has said.

He was not sure why you have to be a member of SMISA to be part of the bid also when I mentioned rainy day fund his face said it all. Then again I might not have explained it fully.

Hopefully all will be explained at the meeting next week should be interesting

During lunch was speaking to my companies lawyer and he has basically backed what REA has said.

He was not sure why you have to be a member of SMISA to be part of the bid also when I mentioned rainy day fund his face said it all. Then again I might not have explained it fully.

Hopefully all will be explained at the meeting next week should be interesting

You have to be a member as being a member of SMISA is what gets you your single share in SMISA which then give you the right to vote on SMISA matter such as how any vote to which the shares they one in SMFC are relevant is cast.

It SMISA that own the shares collectively on behalf of the members.

Personally speaking I'm happy to pay £12 a month for ten years just to know that my kids and grandkids will have a club to follow and "enjoy" in years to come.

I don't care about having my name on a wall and I've no interest in sitting on boards or committees.

I'd also be happy to keep contributing to a fund even after the club is bought and paid for but I'd want to see that money invested in the club either in terms of the academy or the infrastructure/facilities for the supporters.

Stuff like stadium maintenance should be budgeted for by the club. I don't think the fans can really be expected to pay for that on top of everything else!

I spoke with a fella last night who I don't know that well, but he's a Saints fan I see every week and I did struggle to explain why he should be signing up. Eventually I just said he should attend the meeting and find out more.

Very much where I am. Kara tells everyone she is a St Mirren supporter though she does not like football so when I'm dead and gone it will be for the future Saints fans like you I'm after nothing just believe you can't get better than the fans owning the club. Politics of it all will leave for SMISA . Don't understand why any fan would not want fan ownership. Get some have joined the supporters bar and have a season ticket so can't through money left right and centre at the club. Those who can afford the price of a pint a week should join. Hope my faith is not lost for this bid to fail due to our own support. Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

Don't think anyone has that impression of you Cockles, your questions are good and valid.

My view remains the same. For my £12 a month I don't want a 'I helped buy the Buds' certificate to frame and put up on the wall. I don't want my name on a board. I don't want a pat on the head and a 'well done'. I don't want consulted on every single decision made, from appointing managers to changing the brand of lavvy paper used in the stadium.

I want the current incumbents who cannot even get a hall of fame panel printed in over three and a half years to fcuk out of the place, and have them replaced with a new SMiSA/GLS team who want to be there, will surely display a more pro-active leadership model, will engage with the support, and will give the whole bloody place a shot in the arm, and we can feel at least part of something with a bit of life and drive about it.

Edited by pozbaird

And I want a fans' buyout so we can fix the friggin tannoy system; initiate a decent communications service with fans and move the segregation in the West Stand over to the Main Stand and see how they like it :)

Correct me if I am wrong, the current push to get numbers is in order to satisfy the ethical lender and allow them to release sufficient funds to SMISA to pay their share of the 'deposit' in order to secure the exclusivety?

And I want a fans' buyout so we can fix the friggin tannoy system; initiate a decent communications service with fans and move the segregation in the West Stand over to the Main Stand and see how they like it :)

Aye, and free ice cream for all......mibbie no in the winter right enough. ????

My view remains the same. For my £12 a month I don't want a 'I helped buy the Buds' certificate to frame and put up on the wall. I don't want my name on a board. I don't want a pat on the head and a 'well done'. I don't want consulted on every single decision made, from appointing managers to changing the brand of lavvy paper used in the stadium.

I want the current incumbents who cannot even get a hall of fame panel printed in over three and a half years to fcuk out of the place, and have them replaced with a new SMiSA/GLS team who want to be there, will surely display a more pro-active leadership model, will engage with the support, and will give the whole bloody place a shot in the arm, and we can feel at least part of something with a bit of life and drive about it.

you and me both. However I do think we could get a few more on board using a very small token gesture.