Buy The Buds

buddiecat

I disagree with that. A lot of these programmes are in some of the most deprived areas where there's very little for kids to do. I think the last figures showed a 75% reduction in street crime in certain areas where these took place. That means less police resources are needed, less vandalism to be cleaned up, possibly a reduction in injuries meaning savings for the NHS. I think that's all pretty much self funding - saving the taxpayer money.

Disagree with what? With taking money off the kids who can afford it, and not taking money off kids that can't? You may well be right about the crime statistics, but funding is only available in blocks which fund a number of weeks - usually 10. At the end of that period the funding runs out and St Mirren close the programme. That means everyone is back on the streets, and your stats are f**ked.

If you can make these programmes self funding then you keep them running and you're doing your job. More than that you are increasing footfall into the club, creating more revenue raising opportunities, which - if you like - can then be reinvested back into funding even more programmes to get kids off the streets.

The current model doesn't work.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

I was going to join but after reading that our CEO would likely be appointed onto the board had made me have 2nd thought. It could be said that this is personal, but I just don't see what he would bring to the board. He is not long into his job and I reckon he should work at being a success as a CEO before anything else.

Obviously everybody entitled to their own opinion and totally respect yours but I think not to join up because Tony may get an additional role on the board is a tad petty , that's not been confirmed either all Gordon said at the first meeting was that could be a possibility as he thinks Tony could offer a lot to the board

I don't think we pursue initiatives like Street Stuff and Midnight Football to make money. They may well be funded by grants or whatever but I can't imagine we make a profit on them. There is so much stuff going on at St.Mirren over and above the first team and youth setup. I don't think the club gets the credit it deserves sometimes for what goes on.

I also don't think you could really call the stadium sponsorship deal with the council anything other than a commercial business contract. The council perhaps got a more favourable deal than a blue chip would get but it's still a six figure sponsorship package.

clearly you have not got a clue how the club runs Edited by glenburn ed

https://www.facebook.com/events/1705932353009684/?acontext=%7B%22ref%22%3A3%2C%22ref_newsfeed_story_type%22%3A%22regular%22%2C%22action_history%22%3A%22null%22%7D

Another public meeting at the Paisley 2021 stadium on Monday 13th June at 7pm. Get along and ask your questions, and if you wish you can bring your bank details and we will sign you up on the night.

Nice to see Ricky Gillies has signed up to #buythebuds

Edited by buddiecat

https://www.facebook.com/events/1705932353009684/?acontext=%7B%22ref%22%3A3%2C%22ref_newsfeed_story_type%22%3A%22regular%22%2C%22action_history%22%3A%22null%22%7D

Another public meeting at the Paisley 2021 stadium on Monday 13th June at 7pm. Get along and ask your questions, and if you wish you can bring your bank details and we will sign you up on the night.

Nice to see Ricky Gillies has signed up to #buythebuds

This could possibly be the difference between achieving the required numbers and not.

Good luck.

I wonder if there were more former players/managers who publicly supported the bid whether that would help our cause. We've all got our favourite players from the past that may entice those that haven't signed up yet.

SMISA could ask them for their permission to publicise their names, or may be there is just Ricky.

Imagine if Sir Alex signed up !

Aye, good for one more to the required numbers, no more.

True but also gets the bid a little more exposure.. popular ex player getting involved certainly won't do our bid any harm also retweeting it to his followers won't do any harm either ...

Ricky has also grown a successful business so hopefully he may have something to contribute to the club going forward ....

Edited by gazmc83

True but also gets the bid a little more exposure.. popular ex player getting involved certainly won't do our bid any harm also retweeting it to his followers won't do any harm either ...

Ricky has also grown a successful business so hopefully he may have something to contribute to the club going forward ....

Aye, in your mind.

#gullible

Just signed my father in law up for the Founder package like myself, he will be member number 720 if the calculator is anything to go by.

Given we were looking for 1000 fans paying £12 per month but like us many will pay £25 per month can SMISA give update on total £££££`s per month being pledged v target?

People looking at the site thinking we wont get another 280@£12 in next 2 weeks may be swayed by "only £XX per month required to hit target argument."

Just signed my father in law up for the Founder package like myself, he will be member number 720 if the calculator is anything to go by.

Given we were looking for 1000 fans paying £12 per month but like us many will pay £25 per month can SMISA give update on total £££££`s per month being pledged v target?

People looking at the site thinking we wont get another 280@£12 in next 2 weeks may be swayed by "only £XX per month required to hit target argument."

I believe around 15% of the total are paying £25 pm ( one of the SMISA board tweeted this 2 days ago )

So your correct in monetary terms we are actually much further ahead and have more than enough to service the loan if you also take into account the 20 paying £2500 ... although the current BOD have asked to see 1000 individual sign ups to show the long term viability and SMISA also would like this so we have a "comfort blanket" to allow for such things as cancellations etc so I think it's important we keep that target in mind

I met up with an old friend and supporter who doesn't attend matches anymore. Asked him if he had signed up for "buy the buds" he hadn't heard of it. I gave him the details and he promised to sign up today. He thought it was a fantastic idea and great value at £12 per month.

I wonder how many other people like that are out there?

I met up with an old friend and supporter who doesn't attend matches anymore. Asked him if he had signed up for "buy the buds" he hadn't heard of it. I gave him the details and he promised to sign up today. He thought it was a fantastic idea and great value at £12 per month.

I wonder how many other people like that are out there?

Not sure how many old friends you have out there...

Would it be worth wile SMISA putting a sizable advert in the press. Maybe too late for members to vote on that.

Far too costly at this time - every penny is a prisoner, more exposure to come though. I did ask that question myself at our meeting and was told "you don't pay for adverts if you don't need to" and more exposure is planned. have to admit when you see we are sitting at 727 people having the faith to support the bid i had no real argument on the paying for an advert issue.

So we are on target for about about 830 by the 19 th.unless the daily sign ups increase dramaticly.

Great to see you've revised your estimate upwards. It wasn't long ago you predicted that we'd be lucky to get 700