Buy The Buds

buddiecat

Welcome 694, I also had back problems last year, obviously i don't know what your particular back problem is, but Paisley physiotherapy centre fixed my back in 5 visits, i would recommend them to anyone.

Like Div's friends, I too was going to wait and see if I was needed and now it looks like I may be so I've decided, after a long hard think about it, to join up and will do so within the next few days.

I also had a back problem last year. I went back to see Murray's Saints!

Aye, good for one more to the required numbers, no more.

it's good that he's signed up. He also has over 1000 followers on twitter so when he sent that there is a possibility that new people learn about the bid. If it means more exposure and more sign ups then it is more. Every little helps.

it's good that he's signed up. He also has over 1000 followers on twitter so when he sent that there is a possibility that new people learn about the bid. If it means more exposure and more sign ups then it is more. Every little helps.

Over 1000 followers? ????

FFS, people obviously follow anything. ????

I think 'G Mac' has perhaps got the wrong end of the stick when he talks about some folk on the 'Back the Buds' bandwagon wanting 'G Scott' to be more outspoken and a much bigger personality etc. Personally speaking, given that two deadlines have been set - an end date and a figure of 1000 sign ups being required, my personal view is that the whole thing, and yes, Gordon himself as chaiman-elect, needed to be far more visible and in the public eye - given the lengthy period that the sign ups have been sitting in the '600s and 700s' with that deadline date for 1000 fast approaching. I don't think for a minute anyone wants Gordon to try and be something he isn't and make loud promises about European football or taking us to 'the next level'. Ach well, 10000hours had their approach and SMiSA/GLS have theirs.

I wish the bid team well and hope the 1000 sign ups can be reached.

Edited by pozbaird

I haven't signed up yet as I have a couple of issues with the bid

1. I don't think SMiSA should be selling the goodwill that is the property of the club as part of the Founder Plus and Premium packages in order to finance the bid.
  2. I think as fans we are paying too much although I understand why the sellers are reluctant to drop their asking price any further.

I will be waiting until the deadline day before I make my decision, basically as despite it's flaws I think the SMiSA bid is the best we, as fans, can achieve.

I think 'G Mac' has perhaps got the wrong end of the stick when he talks about some folk on the 'Back the Buds' bandwagon wanting 'G Scott' to be more outspoken and a much bigger personality etc. Personally speaking, given that two deadlines have been set - an end date and a figure of 1000 sign ups being required, my personal view is that the whole thing, and yes, Gordon himself as chaiman-elect, needed to be far more visible and in the public eye - given the lengthy period that the sign ups have been sitting in the '600s and 700s' with that deadline date for 1000 fast approaching. I don't think for a minute anyone wants Gordon to try and be something he isn't and make loud promises about European football or taking us to 'the next level'. Ach well, 10000hours had their approach and SMiSA/GLS have theirs.

I wish the bid team well and hope the 1000 sign ups can be reached.

Poz there are quite a few posts on here wanting Gordon to say what his plans are I did also..

Poz there are quite a few posts on here wanting Gordon to say what his plans are I did also..

Not denying that. Just saying that one thrust of that GMac story was about Gordon's 'quiet demeanour' and how he doesn't go around shouting the odds. (I paraphrase). I think a wee bit more visibilty and a wee bit more 'rabble rousing' was in order during the entire process. Others may disagree which is fair enough. My view is that the perceived 'lack of urgency' from many is down to us not being a Sevco or Hearts basket-case, and a bit of that rabble rousing might be needed to get the message home. Anyway, we'll find out in just over two weeks if the approach taken sees the 1000 reached or not.

Edited by pozbaird

Not denying that. Just saying that one thrust of that GMac story was about Gordon's 'quiet demeanour' and how he doesn't go around shouting the odds. (I paraphrase). I think a wee bit more visibilty and a wee bit more 'rabble rousing' was in order during the entire process. Others may disagree which is fair enough. My view is that the perceived 'lack of urgency' from many is down to us not being a Sevco or Hearts basket-case, and a bit of that rabble rousing might be needed to get the message home. Anyway, we'll find out in just over two weeks if the approach taken sees the 1000 reached or not.

I think that sums up the problems, the club is not in any financial difficulty, the monies being raised will bew going to directors (and a couple of ex's) who are merely tired of the responsibility and want their cash back.

Indeed off the pitch the club is well run and what can GLS & SMiSA offer but more of the same and unspecific promises to exploit the potential of the stadium better? Make the board a decent offer doesn't carry the same oomph as some of the vitriol we've seen elsewhere.

I reckon the time has come for SG whose Facebook statement reads SMTID to explain why he and his compadres need to sell their shares and support the bid.

I've thought long and hard about joining/supporting the bid that I've no doubt some fellow buddies have spent a lot of time and hard effort compiling.

The stumbling point for me is the allowance of undesirable non St Mirren fans being allowed to join.

Only the other day there did one in particular, use his own son in his lying story telling to try and discredit the good name of St Mirren again.

If the vetting of members isn't correct then it is open to abuse that I couldn't be party to.

Ah.... Do you mean me coward?

Well how about this? I'm signed up for £25 per month. I think my membership is worth at least two of you. As a long standing member of a number of Independent Supporters Associations at a number of clubs I don't support I know I've got ideas, knowledge and experience whilst you are the kind of person who makes idle threats and then never shows up. So here's the deal - I'll happily resign my membership if John White can confirm to me that you've signed up for at least £50 per month.

Edited by Stuart Dickson