Buy The Buds

buddiecat

I suggested this on Twitter a few days ago.

Contact all the local independent businesses, offer them the £12 P/M package to sign up, in return their business logo, industry and telephone number is put on to a board under the stands.

I'd happily put my shop down alongside my personal mandate, and I'm sure many others would. Between 3-5k advertising every second week for £12 P/M... No brainer IMO.

Would smash the 1000.

Contact all the local independent businesses, offer them the £12 P/M package to sign up, in return their business logo, industry and telephone number is put on to a board under the stands.

I'd happily put my shop down alongside my personal mandate, and I'm sure many others would. Between 3-5k advertising every second week for £12 P/M... No brainer IMO.

Would smash the 1000.

A good idea however some business would pay the £12, get there name on a 'board' and then cancel the DD

I do agree there should be more done to get businesses on board.

Name mentioned in the program? that can then be managed if someone dropped out?

Would smash the 1000.

A good idea however some business would pay the £12, get there name on a 'board' and then cancel the DD

I do agree there should be more done to get businesses on board.

Name mentioned in the program? that can then be managed if someone dropped out?

Smisa and Gordon have been very careful not to offer, or distribute the goodwill of the club to aide or support the bid.

Your £12 a month goes to buying a significant share in the club, and building up a cash reserve members can choose how to allocate. If Smisa sold advertising space in the ground to fund the bid, that would be taking money that should rightfully be going to the club.

As long as a business nominates an individual they can sign up to the bid and see recognition of that in a founders plaque to be displayed at the Stadium. I am sure we will see a renewed drive from Gordon and his board to get local businesses involved in supporting and sponsoring the club.

Contact Smisa to get your business signed up, its already available.

Would smash the 1000.

Im sure REA was talking earlier in the thread about the difference between the club and smisa so dont think it would be possible to use an advertising board from the club as an incentive from smisa. Id certainly be pissed off if id paid 5k for mine and someone got one for 140 odd a season

Smisa and Gordon have been very careful not to offer, or distribute the goodwill of the club to aide or support the bid.

Your £12 a month goes to buying a significant share in the club, and building up a cash reserve members can choose how to allocate. If Smisa sold advertising space in the ground to fund the bid, that would be taking money that should rightfully be going to the club.

As long as a business nominates an individual they can sign up to the bid and see recognition of that in a founders plaque to be displayed at the Stadium. I am sure we will see a renewed drive from Gordon and his board to get local businesses involved in supporting and sponsoring the club.

good point

But it's pretty much exactly what is already on offer as a personal member.

I'm not expecting the kind of trackside advertising, I'm looking at just basically the name of the company. Why not do a history board incorporating local businesses that supported the bid, just like they are doing for personal memberships.

They're losing one addition membership here with that approach.

There's also the bigger picture, a business contributing a monthly payment will likely take more interest in the club, this could potentially lead to other commercial activities such as trackside advertising etc. A bigger database of contacts etc.

There's also the additional exposure to either the bid or club in the long term, my shop gets approx 10k views on FB a week, if the shop was investing in this, I would have no problems in promoting the club on match days, special deals for those with a ticket etc.

It's very short sided to miss out businesses as they pretty much make up a large part of the local community.

My shop is in Broomlands Street, a five minute walk from the stadium, not one person has approached myself or any of the staff about it with ANY kind of proposal for the business to sign up.

From SMISA website:

- All those who sign up by 1 July 2016 will get their names incorporated into a history board to go up in the main stand commemorating this momentous event for our club

But it's pretty much exactly what is already on offer as a personal member.

I'm not expecting the kind of trackside advertising, I'm looking at just basically the name of the company. Why not do a history board incorporating local businesses that supported the bid, just like they are doing for personal memberships.

They're losing one addition membership here with that approach.

There's also the bigger picture, a business contributing a monthly payment will likely take more interest in the club, this could potentially lead to other commercial activities such as trackside advertising etc. A bigger database of contacts etc.

There's also the additional exposure to either the bid or club in the long term, my shop gets approx 10k views on FB a week, if the shop was investing in this, I would have no problems in promoting the club on match days, special deals for those with a ticket etc.

It's very short sided to miss out businesses as they pretty much make up a large part of the local community.

My shop is in Broomlands Street, a five minute walk from the stadium, not one person has approached myself or any of the staff about it with ANY kind of proposal for the business to sign up.

From SMISA website:

- All those who sign up by 1 July 2016 will get their names incorporated into a history board to go up in the main stand commemorating this momentous event for our club

I completely agree that involving all/any local businesses in Smisa and the bid is a no-brainer, perhaps a 'Smisa Sponsors Board' at the ground? And a 'Smisa Approved/supported by' business register/contact list/web page to let all buddies know where to go spend local, and back Smisa too?

Happy to pass this on to Smisa, and if you are up for it come to the next committee meeting and help plan how to get it up and running?

I think all Season Ticket Holders should be thanked by getting their name read out over the Tannoy on the first home match of the new Season.

Oh wait...

EXCEPT FOR LISTENERS IN THE SOUTH STAND.

Lol

Prepare for ownership buddies, and get your name and skill-set listed with SMiSA with a reference to what you could add to the process, ten years of learning how to run our club, needs commitment from as many as possible. Places on the SMiSA board are available.

Edited by buddiecat

Yip, currently 776, 10 days to go, going to be close.

Would be terribly disappointing if it didn't happen and could create considerable ill feeling. (methinks that's an understatement)

Genuine question - why do you think there would be "considerable ill feeling" and who would be directing this at whom?

I think there is a general acceptance that people are entitled to make their own choice, for their own reasons (even assuming they are fully aware of the initiative and the numerous considerations surrounding whether to sign up or not).

The most I would expect is some muttering to the effect that those who didn't sign up can't greet about any future concerns surrounding who runs the club and how they do it. I reckon that'll be the size of it.

Edited by Drew

Genuine question - why do you think there would be "considerable ill feeling" and who would be directing this at whom?

I think there is a general acceptance that people are entitled to make their own choice, for their own reasons (even assuming they are fully aware of the initiative and the numerous considerations surrounding whether to sign up or not).

The most I would expect is some muttering to the effect that those who didn't sign up can't greet about any future concerns surrounding who runs the club and how they do it. I reckon that'll be the size of it.

Preferred the post you made a Cnut of......

Just my opinion if this fails there would be considerable, and lengthy, pointed statements made due to the amount of effort shown by some.

That's all. ????

Preferred the post you made a Cnut of......

Just my opinion if this fails there would be considerable, and lengthy, pointed statements made due to the amount of effort shown by some.

That's all. ????

You're just being a big flouncing drama queen.

In my opinion....

What steps are in place in the next few days to ensure that this bid has as much publicity as possible in order to try and influence those who may be swaying either way and those who for one reason or another, haven't gotten round to signing up yet?

I sincerely hope we don't get to a stage where there is 3 days and 100 sign ups needed and then the campaign starts to panic and get publicity. This really should be getting mainstream national media attention just now. Contacting of former players and staff, those who may love down south or abroad, flyers around the town.

It's now at a stage where every single sign up is crucial.

10,000Hours had well over 1000 people signed up and I don't remember that causing lots of ill feeling when the bid wasn't accepted.

However the bad feeling during the bid was incredible. The term 10,000 whores was frequently used.