Buy The Buds

buddiecat

You've completely deliberately misunderstood the difference between community and community groups. Fitzy wants to go into the community (i.e. the towns) and see kids out and about playing or doing whatever in Saints strips instead of the myriad that's currently seen.

FIFY.smile.png

Edited by FTOF

Guest TPAFKATS

Just to finish.

12 quid a month for 10 years.

Don't make me laugh.

Buddies for many decades have been donating hard earned cash to their beloved Club to the point now and the past few years have been getting severely ripped off.

20 quid to watch shite football players.

Nearly 50 quid for a football top which they can't even bring out early for the children. Should have been on sale in April.

And it goes on.

Buy the Buds????

Been there and bought them a million times over.

Good luck.

Wouldn't necessarily disagree with most of this, but look at another way. It's £144 a year, if you don't buy a top at £50 that's means it's only £94 you need to find.

I could easily save 94 quid that is indirectly spent over a season and instead give it directly to the club.

In fact looking at the last 2 seasons I've gladly missed at least 7 home games each season. There's my direct debit covered ;-)

You've completely misunderstood the difference between community and community groups. Fitzy wants to go into the community (i.e. the towns) and see kids out and about playing or doing whatever in Saints strips instead of the myriad that's currently seen.

Fitzy is all for this, he wants to see a capacity crowd of home fans, and he wants to get out in the community - schools,clubs etc., and have hundreds of kids running about, playing football or any other activity with one common denominator - they will all be wearing saints tops. SMiSA will work with Fitzy, the board, the fans council and other local groups very closely on this and other community activities.

Your are probably right Bud77, but read what Buddiecat said again. He clearly states that Fitzy wants to get out to schools and clubs to have kids doing activities with one common denominator.....Wearing St Mirren kits.

I've tried reading that in any context and each time it comes back the same way - the club expects local groups to rebrand to get any assistance from the club. Maybe Buddiecat worded it poorly, maybe I continue to get the wrong end of the stick but but either way I could do with some clarity on the issue.

There is plenty of good business logic in going out and genuinely working and sharing with local community clubs and groups to boost footfall into the stadium on non match days and it's not all about giving away free tickets to fill unsold seats. Forcing a rebrand would kill any chance of goodwill stone dead in minutes. I'd hope anyone looking to buy over a football club would at least have that basic appreciation of their local market.

Your are probably right Bud77, but read what Buddiecat said again. He clearly states that Fitzy wants to get out to schools and clubs to have kids doing activities with one common denominator.....Wearing St Mirren kits.

I've tried reading that in any context and each time it comes back the same way - the club expects local groups to rebrand to get any assistance from the club. Maybe Buddiecat worded it poorly, maybe I continue to get the wrong end of the stick but but either way I could do with some clarity on the issue.

There is plenty of good business logic in going out and genuinely working and sharing with local community clubs and groups to boost footfall into the stadium on non match days and it's not all about giving away free tickets to fill unsold seats. Forcing a rebrand would kill any chance of goodwill stone dead in minutes. I'd hope anyone looking to buy over a football club would at least have that basic appreciation of their local market.

I would suggest you seem to be totally mis-reading the intent in Buddiecat's post. What I take from it is that going out and engaging with the clubs and schools and other community groups to carry out activities with our club involvement, will get kids, group and community members engaged with the club, and in time, get more people developing an allegiance to St. Mirren, wearing the clubs colours, and turning away from the easy option of glory hunting with the bigot sisters, which is the case at present, or indeed not engaging with football at all. Your interpretation of Buddiecat's post is one dimensional and blinkered.

Wouldn't necessarily disagree with most of this, but look at another way. It's £144 a year, if you don't buy a top at £50 that's means it's only £94 you need to find.

I could easily save 94 quid that is indirectly spent over a season and instead give it directly to the club.

In fact looking at the last 2 seasons I've gladly missed at least 7 home games each season. There's my direct debit covered ;-)

If she doesn't want a Saints Top, she will want a Real Madrid one with Ronaldo 7 on the back. That whole strip will probably be more than £50.

She has been wanting a new Saints one since April to wear at the Dome at the weekend.

The Club always seem to be miss a trick.

Only a few weeks ago, I walked into Main Reception to hand over £50 cash for Car Parking Ticket.

Money is still in my Wallet due to inefficiencies at the Club. They advertised the tickets before having them to sell.

I am getting as tired at the Board have been.

Paid enough for now.

If she doesn't want a Saints Top, she will want a Real Madrid one with Ronaldo 7 on the back. That whole strip will probably be more than £50.

She has been wanting a new Saints one since April to wear at the Dome at the weekend.

The Club always seem to be miss a trick.

Only a few weeks ago, I walked into Main Reception to hand over £50 cash for Car Parking Ticket.

Money is still in my Wallet due to inefficiencies at the Club. They advertised the tickets before having them to sell.

I am getting as tired at the Board have been.

Paid enough for now.

Just give the guy at the gate a tenner every year. I've heard that gets you the same thing!

Just give the guy at the gate a tenner every year. I've heard that gets you the same thing!

What does it get me?

Saints strip?

Real Madrid strip?

Pie and Beans?

Car Park Season Ticket with receipt?

Either you aren't going to be working with community groups at all if they want to maintain their own identity, or Fitz is planning to ignore all the local experts in their field to set up rival dance schools, rival running clubs, rival knitting and sowing classes, etc, etc......

Are we branching out into agriculture as well?

The highest ranked SMFC news story on the Evening Times website for ages: http://m.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/14553238.St_Mirren_footballers_to_be_fined___1_a_word_by_club_bosses_after_furious_neighbours_complain/

The takeover bid hasn't made it anywhere near the top of their charts!

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy