Prince

Drew

You could get a job for the Sun.

They jump to conclusions all the time.

You've covered HIV, heroin and strong painkillers, well done. :thumbsdown

It wasnt that long ago you were doing exactly the same thung.

Cant recall exactly who it was you were condemning before trial but you were certainly doing it.

I call that being a hypocrite.

It wasnt that long ago you were doing exactly the same thung.

Cant recall exactly who it was you were condemning before trial but you were certainly doing it.

I call that being a hypocrite.

You, as usual, have made 2 + 3 = 4

Two unrelated, and completely different, issues.

Run along, do some research on "football" & "Paisley" as you know feck all about both. bye1.gif

Edited by faraway saint

At no point did I say otherwise. Hypocrisy is hypocrisy though and in your rush to white knight a singer you have made a right spangle of yourself.

Again, you have no idea and, as these are completely different issues,.....................

Ach, no point, talking to a brick. bye1.gif

How is that research on "football" and "Paisley" coming on? 1eye.gif

Edited by faraway saint

I'm not overly surprised. I'd heard rumours some time ago that he was HIV+. I haven't seen any confirmation of that on any of the official channels but TMZ who broke the story of his death are now reporting that Prince had been admitted to hospital last week after an "opiate overdose" which could of course have been heroin but I think it's more likely it was for one of the strong painkillers he was using. No doubt there will be more to come from this story

I'm not overly surprised by this post.

I'd heard rumours that he was a sad and lonely troll who spent the wee small hours posting on Internet forums, gauging people's general feelings and methodically taking a contrary stand in order to gain attention. Of course, he may have a genuine interest in the deceased but I think it's more likely he just spotted another opportunity to come on here and get people's backs up.

No doubt there will be more 'look at me' posts to come on this story.

Oh dear. Nerve touched.

Really?

You determine that I'm wasting my time as a "nerve touched"...........................1eye.gif

Nice move avoiding/editing the obvious.......................

You're on a football forum for a Paisley team, you know feck all about both. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Suggests you're rather needy.

How's that for jumping to conclusions. bye1.gifbye1.gifbye1.gif

Supreme musician and composer across a wide range of genres.

What a legacy to leave behind. People will be listening to Prince songs or performing covers for as long as music is played.

RIP.

I am still listening to Andy Stewart, years after his untimely death.

In a statement, his manager seems to have suggested that Prince might have declined medical treatment for a health issue on account of his religious beliefs.

FFS nooooooo... If the thread deviates from a general discussion about a multi-talented, genre-crossing musician, and goes anywhere near evolutionary surfaces, or indeed Bruce Forsyth's Pro-Celebrity evolutionary surfaces....

I might have to bring out the HoF panel... Excuse me while I whip this out... Eeeeeeeeekkkkk!

Edited by pozbaird

I think we can address the resident troll's deeply felt corncerns head-on. In Prince's case, could the flu-like symptoms be HIV related? Could he have dabbled in drugs? Could he have done X, Y and Z?

Of course any of this could be the case. Freddie Mercury? FFS He got around and dabbled in all sorts... Still one of the best front men I was lucky to see twice in his pomp. Rob Halford of Judas Priest? Roared onstage in whips and chains singing 'hell bent for leather' and I never twigged? Still one of the best front men I ever saw in the Apollo glory days. Rossi & Parfitt? Cocaine fiends! Came through it - rock royalty and Rossi in particular is a hugely under-rated guitarist.

StuDick should take a look at the (now up to 38) list of dead rock 'n rollers I saw live....

Drink, drugs, a liberal attitude to sexuality? Surely not? In the music business? Well hold on until I go burn my CD collection!

FFS nooooooo... If the thread deviates from a general discussion about a multi-talented, genre-crossing musician, and goes anywhere near evolutionary surfaces, or indeed Bruce Forsyth's Pro-Celebrity evolutionary surfaces....

I might have to bring out the HoF panel... Excuse me while I whip this out... Eeeeeeeeekkkkk!

Just for the record, I wasn't making (or inviting) any comment on the possible impact of Prince's religious beliefs.

His life, his call. That's all I would say about it.

So much hosility for posting a rumour and it's source. It seems it's true as well. Apparently people close to him are claiming he contracted AIDS in the late 80s or early 90s. He took his med faithfully until two years ago when a pastor told him he was cured - God had cured him. He stopped taking his meds and obviously his condition worsened. As for the possible opiate overdose that could well have been painkilling medicine. Apparently he became a very regular visitor to pharmacies in his last week's and was photographed visiting one three times in a single day this week. The autopsy is this afternoon. I suspect the story being reported will be proved right.

Tragic? Yes. A sad loss? Yes. A musical genius? Yes. But yet another victim to his own hedonistic lifestyle? Aboso f**king lutely.

So much hosility for posting a rumour and it's source. It seems it's true as well. Apparently people close to him are claiming he contracted AIDS in the late 80s or early 90s. He took his med faithfully until two years ago when a pastor told him he was cured - God had cured him. He stopped taking his meds and obviously his condition worsened. As for the possible opiate overdose that could well have been painkilling medicine. Apparently he became a very regular visitor to pharmacies in his last week's and was photographed visiting one three times in a single day this week. The autopsy is this afternoon. I suspect the story being reported will be proved right.

Tragic? Yes. A sad loss? Yes. A musical genius? Yes. But yet another victim to his own hedonistic lifestyle? Aboso f**king lutely.

It's irrelevant to me to be honest whether he had aids, took drugs etc... The guy died young and made superb music. His life and work should be celebrated and will be by the majority.