Are You Going To Sign Up To Join #buythebuds At Smisa.net?

div

170 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Probably never get it fixed.

New owners will be too busy looking for hunners of new avenues to give undeserving players over the top salaries.

One phone call and probably a small percentage of Gow's weekly wage would have the said P.A.System sorted.

Probably never get it fixed.

New owners will be too busy looking for hunners of new avenues to give undeserving players over the top salaries.

One phone call and probably a small percentage of Gow's weekly wage would have the said P.A.System sorted.

what new owners are you talking about ? As paying over the top salaries definitely wouldn't happen under this bid .... Simple accounting not spending anymore than you bring in will be the simple philosophy

Anyway i get your point about the PA system . I think most agree on that one

Edited by gazmc83

Do you think think the fans would allow that ? We will have an elected fans member on the board who will be accountable to all signed up members so I think it's safe to say that won't happen .

Also Gordon is an experienced businessman who knows the club who has also run successful companies so simple business practice will be applied not to spend any more than you bring in....

Edited by gazmc83

Do you think think the fans would allow that ? We will have an elected fans member on the board who will be accountable to all signed up members so I think it's safe to say that won't happen .

Also Gordon is an experience businessman who knows the club who has also run successful companies so simple business practice is not to spend any more than you bring in

So you can't guarantee this then? lol.gif

Will the fans be part of the wage negotiations for players?

I think you're getting carried away with the decision making that any elected fans member will have in various aspects of the running of the club.

Nothing would get done, things would degenerate into a shambles very quickly.

If a player is signed, how would it be public what his wage deal was?

Edited by faraway saint

Will the fans be part of the wage negotiations for players?

I think you're getting carried away with the decision making that any elected fans member will have in various aspects of the running of the club.

Nothing would get done, things would degenerate into a shambles very quickly.

If a player is signed, how would it be public what his wage deal was?

From what Gordon said at the meeting the fans rep would be extremely involved in the board .

The club is currently prudently run of course that will continue , Gordon will still have to have AGMs and answer to shareholders and fans , on the accounts total wages and salaries will be printed , so I think it's safe to say he would be held accountable if wages went over a certain level ...

I don't think it will be a shambles at all ... but that's your opinion and I respect that ..

Edited by gazmc83

A wage budget is set at the start of the year. There will be salary caps and bonus structures agreed before players are signed. Manager identifies players. He will know the size of squad he will need. CEO negotiates with players agents. No need for fans or BoD to be involved. Even the manager no longer gets involved with contract negotiations.

That's my understanding of how it works.

Indeed.

Some will be disappointed.

Edited by faraway saint

cant believe anyone questioning Skodasaints loyalty to St Mirren. See you at Dumbarton slim

Am i reading the same thread ? Where exactly do you see anyone questioning his loyalty to saints ?

He gave his opinion, which he is perfectly at liberty to do & others disagree, but as far as i can see his opinion was respected.

That is what any other bidder for our club would likely do too! Live in fantasy never-never land.

A bit like you.

You have constantly slated our current BOD who have taken us from debt and near liquidation to debt free in a brand new stadium. Guess what our current BOD are St Mirren fans themselves. What makes you think the new BOD would be better fans?

Oh and I think your 9 million pound valuation of the stadium is a tad out. The BOD are struggling to sell the lot for a fraction of that valuation.

Oh and I think your 9 million pound valuation of the stadium is a tad out. The BOD are struggling to sell the lot for a fraction of that valuation.

In fairness 9.7 million was the figure mentioned by George and Gordon last Saturday

Just a thought . Was there a value put on the Ground in the last set of accounts ?

Definitely no from me.

Season Ticket

Car Park Ticket

SMISA - £2 a month (hopefully used for a repair to tannoy in the future)

Saints Mag - £13 a quarter.

That is plenty from me.

Once the Club gets together with the other 39 Clubs in Scotland and realise the only sustainable model is part time for all, then I may rethink.

Presently it is f**king ludicrous the amount of money punters contribute to their Clubs, just to fund maniac overspending on shite players wages

Especially a cnut like Gow who warms up with his hands in pockets.

Count me out till football becomes beautiful again and comes into the real world.

In fairness 9.7 million was the figure mentioned by George and Gordon last Saturday

My point is if SG had come out with that figure LPM would have slated him. GLS says it and it's gospel. The bottom line is that it's only worth what someone wants to pay for it. Good luck selling it for 9.7 Million.

Definitely no from me.

Season Ticket

Car Park Ticket

That is plenty from me.

Once the Club gets together with the other 39 Clubs in Scotland and realise the only sustainable model is part time for all, then I may rethink.

Presently it is f**king ludicrous the amount of money punters contribute to their Clubs, just to fund maniac overspending on shite players wages

Count me out till football becomes beautiful again and comes into the real world.

You could be on the board and influence the changes that you keep banging on about.

My point is if SG had come out with that figure LPM would have slated him. GLS says it and it's gospel. The bottom line is that it's only worth what someone wants to pay for it. Good luck selling it for 9.7 Million.

Pretty sure it was around that figure that SG and co produced in this years accounts, of course what you say is true anything is only worth what's someone's willing to pay but nobody in this bid has any intention of selling the ground

Edited by gazmc83

It's hard to see this working long term TBH but good luck to all involved in it.

Personally I no longer support the idea of fan ownership.

Fans simply can't be trusted.

They get too emotionally involved for too little financial cost to them personally - one minute they are crying with happiness after beating Morton and 3 days later that are blood vessel popping raging at one of our players over a tweet.

Too few fans have any concept of money and talk about players as though they are an investment instead of a base cost. This very basic misunderstanding of the Scottish game is the most worrying aspect of all of this.

The very last people you want running any business are those who wear their hearts on their sleeves.

They may THINK they are being passionate but they are nothing but overly emotional headless chickens who would cause untold turmoil.

Those who think these people would never get in control at St Mirren need to look at the quality of MSP and MP out there to know how easy it is for an absolute howler of a person to get into power.

I would rather have a solid, calm, personality-free and preferably non-Saints fan set of directors at the club who will run it as a proper business.

When we are losing games again we'll see people cancel direct debits in their hundreds. I have absolutely no doubt about that whatsoever.

Most fans simply do not want to watch or give money to a losing team - they simply lose interest.

So in addition to the few above who have given their reasons for saying No, the above are my reasons.

It's hard to see this working long term TBH but good luck to all involved in it.

They get too emotionally involved for too little financial cost to them personally - one minute they are crying with happiness after beating Morton and 3 days later that are blood vessel popping raging at one of our players over a tweet.

Too few fans have any concept of money and talk about players as though they are an investment instead of a base cost. This very basic misunderstanding of the Scottish game is the most worrying aspect of all of this.

The very last people you want running any business are those who wear their hearts on their sleeves.

They may THINK they are being passionate but they are nothing but overly emotional headless chickens who would cause untold turmoil.

Those who think these people would never get in control at St Mirren need to look at the quality of MSP and MP out there to know how easy it is for an absolute howler of a person to get into power.

I would rather have a solid, calm, personality-free and preferably non-Saints fan set of directors at the club who will run it as a proper business.

When we are losing games again we'll see people cancel direct debits in their hundreds. I have absolutely no doubt about that whatsoever.

Most fans simply do not want to watch or give money to a losing team - they simply lose interest.

So in addition to the few above who have given their reasons for saying No, the above are my reasons.

I think you pay too much attention to the idiots that post on here.

And respect to you for being so honest

Given that your understanding of football is more limited than Miranda Hart's comedy repertoire, I think we can all be thankful that you've opted not to become involved.

Definitely no from me.

Season Ticket

Car Park Ticket

That is plenty from me.

If you're a fully paid member of SMISA, you could have a say over the tannoy system, how the club is run, how we price fixtures, and even how much the club spends on player wages... Not saying that everyone would agree with you, but surely it's better to have a say than not have a say?

£12 a month is a small price to pay to guarantee the future of our club.

Given that your understanding of football is more limited than Miranda Hart's comedy repertoire, I think we can all be thankful that you've opted not to become involved.

f**k me it didn't take you long to get over your devastatingly crushing loss of Prince and return to form did it?

Shouldn't you be away setting up a book of condolences or something?

Edited by oaksoft