Are You Going To Sign Up To Join #buythebuds At Smisa.net?

div

170 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not wasting money on dud signings and dud managers will also help mind you.

This is a potential issue right here.

Are you saying the new regime won't produce either of these situations, resulting in dissatisfied "members" spitting out the dummy and withdrawing their support?

I did ask before, but no answer was forthcoming, how may dummies would need to be spat out to cause a problem and how would this be overcome?

Are you saying the new regime won't produce either of these situations, resulting in dissatisfied "members" spitting out the dummy and withdrawing their support?

I did ask before, but no answer was forthcoming, how may dummies would need to be spat out to cause a problem and how would this be overcome?

Yes, this is the biggest issue for me.

I don't think we'd need to worry too much until GLS spat the dummy.

People who are willing to commit to this clearly have the interests of the club as their first priority. There can be no doubt about this, as, lets face it, there is no other tangible gain to be realised.

As such, I don't think folk would be likely to readily 'spit the dummy'. Financial concerns might result in a few folk dropping out, and that is understandable, but I think that the potential for people taking the huff and walking away is being overstated.

Edited by Drew

All signed up too. I think it would be interesting to compare the rate of sign up with 10,000hrs in week1 if anyone has these figures?? REA? A slight concern I have is the members club who have 200 odd people signed up and some may not fancy/afford another monthly payment.

Hope it gets the numbers as I do believe this is best for the club at this time. There's clearly a lot of work been done by a small band of people to get it to this stage, it's time for us to get behind them IMO

I don't think we'd need to worry too much until GLS spat the dummy.

People who are willing to commit to this clearly have the interests of the club as their first priority. There can be no doubt about this, as, lets face it, there is no other tangible gain to be realised.

As such, I don't think folk would be likely to readily 'spit the dummy'. Financial concerns might result in a few folk dropping out, and that is understandable, but I think that the potential for people taking the huff and walking away is being overstated.

All purely subjective, I happen to think the numbers could be considerable over many issues.

This forum shows, quite clearly, the intricacies of our support. whistling.gif

All this "interest of the club at heart" could quickly mean nothing if things went wrong, on or off the park.

No real point banging this difference of opinion about but, again, how many would cause an issue or are you saying even a considerable amount wouldn't be an issue?

The 1k number is very much an over estimate of how many is required on a month to month basis to pay off the loan and will hopefully get the loan paid off a lot quicker , this has been done on purpose so that we have more than enough to allow the "spit the dummy out" scenario and also to allow for inevitable issues such as people losing their jobs etc .

So if we can exceed the 1k number it's put us in an even more comfortable position and once the Loan is paid off , this monthly income will be extra income for the club, as the club for the majority of the year is self sufficient and with new ideas and focus we will have even more revenue streams coming into the club

Edited by gazmc83

All purely subjective, I happen to think the numbers could be considerable over many issues.

This forum shows, quite clearly, the intricacies of our support. whistling.gif

All this "interest of the club at heart" could quickly mean nothing if things went wrong, on or off the park.

No real point banging this difference of opinion about but, again, how many would cause an issue or are you saying even a considerable amount wouldn't be an issue?

Our own Lord is an example of the dummy being spat out. He doesn't or didn't attend home games for some reason or other. In fact he started a solidarity thread when we played Morton.

Then there's the clamber by some not to renew season tickets after Rangers were given 2 stands and boycott the game.

The new fans backed board will be faced with difficult and unpopular decisions to make. That will piss off some fans from time to time. That is something that is a certainty.

Not attending games for a period cannot be compared with making a decision to back the future security of the club and subsequently withdrawing this backing.

Perhaps I'm being naive, but rather that than so cynical that I can't trust my fellow supporters to commit to enduring support for the club that we all love.

All signed up too. I think it would be interesting to compare the rate of sign up with 10,000hrs in week1 if anyone has these figures?? REA? A slight concern I have is the members club who have 200 odd people signed up and some may not fancy/afford another monthly payment.

Hope it gets the numbers as I do believe this is best for the club at this time. There's clearly a lot of work been done by a small band of people to get it to this stage, it's time for us to get behind them IMO

Difficult to compare as we did not collect any financial information for quite a while after launch and had a paperwork system to get us started for over a year.

When we changed to electronic I think we did about 800 in the first week and then the long work started to get us to over 1000.

But as I say not really apples with apples

Not attending games for a period cannot be compared with making a decision to back the future security of the club and subsequently withdrawing this backing.

Perhaps I'm being naive, but rather that than so cynical that I can't trust my fellow supporters to commit to enduring support for the club that we all love.

Romantic poppycock.

I'm out, going nowhere, can't be bothered, people being accused of being cynical is possibly a reason that the few who have voted "no" in this poll don't really want to be identified.

The 1k number is very much an over estimate of how many is required on a month to month basis to pay off the loan and will hopefully get the loan paid off a lot quicker , this has been done on purpose so that we have more than enough to allow the "spit the dummy out" scenario and also to allow for inevitable issues such as people losing their jobs etc .

So if we can exceed the 1k number it's put us in an even more comfortable position and once the Loan is paid off , this monthly income will be extra income for the club, as the club for the majority of the year is self sufficient and with new ideas and focus we will have even more revenue streams coming into the club

Any lender will take its own view on the risk.

The very last thing a public bank wants to do is excersise a security on a community based company so they will want plenty of bunce in the numbers to loan in the first place

Indeed, or Chick f**king Young in the boardroom.

It's the best option by far! The club will be safe in the hands of it's own fans albeit the club will still have successful businessmen at the helm who know who to run that side of things. I'd rather not play Russian roulette with future of our club.

Romantic poppycock.

I'm out, going nowhere, can't be bothered, people being accused of being cynical is possibly a reason that the few who have voted "no" in this poll don't really want to be identified.

What the f**k are you slabbering about?

Do you even grasp the basic point I was making?

Calm down Doris, keep yer knickers on. lol.gif

Told you, I'm out of this, you're the temperamental type that would be a fecking nightmare as any part of this scheme. bye1.gifbye1.gifbye1.gif

You do know how many breakdowns you've had over the years?

Aye, that was the answer I was expecting - ie: no answer at all.

TTFN.

If the support don't step up then they can't grumble if we end up with a Green or Romanov.

If our Board sell to a " Green " or a " Romanov " type then that's their fault.

Nothing at all to do with the Fans.

If the support don't step up then they can't grumble if we end up with a Green or Romanov.

We could indeed grumble. To be fair to SG & Co they have been trying to punt the club for six years, and have, since day one, said something along the lines of 'we will only sell to those who have the best interests of the club at heart'. After all these years at the helm, pretty sure SG can sniff out a dodgy bid when he sees one. He must have (by now) received a weird and wonderful selection of suitors contacting him to make contact with a view to buying St Mirren. From all manner of colourful characters.

Do SG and the BoD have St Mirren's best interests at heart? Absolutely. They have earned that right . The right to be trusted that despite some recent stumbles and clearly being out of gas/ideas/drive/ they would never knowingly sell out to a Green or a Romanov.

They have earned that level of trust. I am sure they won't want to fcuk up their legacy and years of effort.

would be interesting to hear from the 7 no voters and what made them reach their decision?

Not sure anyone has to justify their choice.

It would almost certain lead to some subtle, or not so subtle, dismantling of their choice.

Best to keep things as they are, private, not everybody wants to scream from the rooftops to advertise their decision.

Not sure anyone has to justify their choice.

It would almost certain lead to some subtle, or not so subtle, dismantling of their choice.

Best to keep things as they are, private, not everybody wants to scream from the rooftops to advertise their decision.

I appreciate that and of course everybody entitled to their own personal opinions but hopefully some of us who have been to the first meeting can address some peoples concerns if they decide to post them , not looking to dismantle anybodies choice

I appreciate that and of course everybody entitled to their own personal opinions but hopefully some of us who have been to the first meeting can address some peoples concerns if they decide to post them , not looking to dismantle anybodies choice

I'm not indication you would mate.

You have seen enough shite on this site to know that it's likely it would be likely, that's all I'm saying.

Look at the shocking abuse I got from Doris/Drew tonight. wink.png

I'm not indication you would mate.

You have seen enough shite on this site to know that it's likely it would be likely, that's all I'm saying.

Look at the shocking abuse I got from Doris/Drew tonight. wink.png

Ah diddums. Want a hug?