Are You Going To Sign Up To Join #buythebuds At Smisa.net?

div

170 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We could indeed grumble. To be fair to SG & Co they have been trying to punt the club for six years, and have, since day one, said something along the lines of 'we will only sell to those who have the best interests of the club at heart'. After all these years at the helm, pretty sure SG can sniff out a dodgy bid when he sees one. He must have (by now) received a weird and wonderful selection of suitors contacting him to make contact with a view to buying St Mirren. From all manner of colourful characters.

Do SG and the BoD have St Mirren's best interests at heart? Absolutely. They have earned that right . The right to be trusted that despite some recent stumbles and clearly being out of gas/ideas/drive/ they would never knowingly sell out to a Green or a Romanov.

They have earned that level of trust. I am sure they won't want to fcuk up their legacy and years of effort.

Yeah i agree with this but suppose they did sell, believing the group purchasing were legit and the nightmare scenario occurred, that they were crooks.... then it would be too late. The fan thing is far more appealing because let's face it there's no Arab billionaire waiting in the wings so it's our best option IMO.

Yeah i agree with this but suppose they did sell, believing the group purchasing were legit and the nightmare scenario occurred, that they were crooks.... then it would be too late. The fan thing is far more appealing because let's face it there's no Arab billionaire waiting in the wings so it's our best option IMO.

Agreed, and I've signed up. If there aren't 1000 sign ups at £12 a month and it fails to launch? What can I do? Same as everyone else, finally accept that St Mirren simply do not have a big enough fan base from which to raise enough numbers to back a fan ownership scheme. 10000hours didn't launch, and SMiSA/GLS may not either. I don't forsee a third 'fan ownership' scheme arising from anywhere, any time soon at least.

It would be disappointing, but frankly, all I can do is sign up myself. St Mirren is not the most important thing in my life, not by a long shot. If this fails, life goes on. I backed 10000hours, I am backing SMiSA/GLS. If this fails, fcuk it, I'm off for a pint and a game of golf.

Edited by pozbaird

Agreed, and I've signed up. If there aren't 1000 sign ups at £12 a month and it fails to launch? What can I do? Same as everyone else, finally accept that St Mirren simply do not have a big enough fan base from which to raise enough numbers to back a fan ownership scheme. Not 10000hours, and not SMiSA/GLS.

It would be disappointing, but frankly, all I can do is sign up myself. St Mirren is not the most important thing in my life, not by a long shot. If this fails, life goes on.

Yep. I have supported the team all my life too but it's just one part of my life that i enjoy. I'd love this to work because i think it would be good for St Mirren, my brothers will sign up too and if it doesn't work...like you say...there will still be a St Mirren.

ok so you are looking for a no voter am one ,my reasons spend alot of money over a season watching st mirren home and away for me and my son plus am not a big fan of gls tbh but hey ho we all have our opinions

Fair enough, mate.

One question, though. Do you support the concept of fan ownership?

ok so you are looking for a no voter am one ,my reasons spend alot of money over a season watching st mirren home and away for me and my son plus am not a big fan of gls tbh but hey ho we all have our opinions

Of course that's what it's all about opinions and hats of to you for supporting the team home and away! Out of interest would you prefer the club owned by a St Mirren fan who would then hand over to the fans in coming years or would you prefer an outside investor to come in ?

to be honest i could say both .i think a outside investor scares us all incase its a wrong un .st mirren fan owned well it does sound good as long as it doesnt dwindle moneywise over the years all in all in my eyes i just want to watch a good st mirren team week in week out

to be honest i could say both .i think a outside investor scares us all incase its a wrong un .st mirren fan owned well it does sound good as long as it doesnt dwindle moneywise over the years all in all in my eyes i just want to watch a good st mirren team week in week out

Over estimating the number at 1k on purpose to account for various factors such as Fans cancelling direct debits etc , the direct debit is basically to pay off the loan once that's paid off its just additional monthly income for the club, the club is and should always be sell sufficient through season tickets/gate receipts/ commercial and hopefully other new avenues that the fans would have an influence on... Edited by gazmc83

if it helped provide a good st mirren team to be proud of then yes

More importantly If it helped provide a long term future for a St Mirren team for future generations to support ? Let's be honest there isn't going to be any outside investors with good intentions ..... Why would any "honest" individual want to invest in a football club in Scotland unless you were a supporter of the club ? It has been for sale for too long and nobody has come forward with a genuine bid so as far as I can see fan ownership along with an initial investment from GLS Is the only way forward .. Edited by gazmc83

I can understand your feelings on GLS big chap , I've always found him arrogant and quite unlikeable. Same can be said about SG too though , only difference would seem to be that one want out and one wants back in. Don't think we have any option other than to go with the fan ownership , we might not have a club otherwise !

I can't say I've had many dealings with GLS but I've met him a few times and after meeting him again and listening to him last week he absolutely came across as very personable and extremely passionate about the club and bid , he also seems on the same wave length as the fans , "arrogant" most definitely not how I would describe him .

SG on the other hand has always been very defensive and came across extremely arrogant at every AGM I've attended creating a "them and us" scenario, I believe GLS and a new board would be a breath of fresh air to the club ( ps I'm not saying for a minute that SG & co haven't done a good job I just believe now is the right time to go )

Edited by gazmc83

I can understand your feelings on GLS big chap , I've always found him arrogant and quite unlikeable. Same can be said about SG too though , only difference would seem to be that one want out and one wants back in. Don't think we have any option other than to go with the fan ownership , we might not have a club otherwise !

I`ve got to say Bud, my impression of GLS could not be further from that. I first met him about 10 years ago & always found him pleasant & personable. I think he will be a good figurehead for Saints.

if it helped provide a good st mirren team to be proud of then yes

I understand & respect your opinion Bud , but i would ask a few questions .

1. Does the current set up satisfy your criteria above ?

2. Are there any other REAL offers waiting in the wings ?

3. Do you remember Reg Brearly ?

I believe the Smisa deal is not just the only show in town but unless a diehard saints fan wins £20 million in the lottery & sinks millions into the club , it is the BEST deal.

KTF.