Season Tickets 2016/17

I will still not be shaken from my belief that £20 is far too much to pay for a game of second division football.

Crowds may well not be much difference from a generation ago but pro rata the cost of admission certainly is.

May I just add about those fans who see a season ticket as guaranteeing their chosen seat, whenever I have attended matches over the last couple of seasons, I pick wherever I want to sit. There are so many empty seats that you can sit wherever you like, and change at half time if you so desire.

I will still not be shaken from my belief that £20 is far too much to pay for a game of second division football.

Crowds may well not be much difference from a generation ago but pro rata the cost of admission certainly is.

May I just add about those fans who see a season ticket as guaranteeing their chosen seat, whenever I have attended matches over the last couple of seasons, I pick wherever I want to sit. There are so many empty seats that you can sit wherever you like, and change at half time if you so desire.

I only went once last season and, like you say, there were around 5,000 empty seats to choose from.

As for £20 being too much... I wouldn't attend now even if THEY paid me £20 to attend!

£50 and I might consider it. As long as I had the option to leave at half time.

Affordability and value are completely separate things, I never mentioned affordability at all.

Are crowds dwindling? Compared to when? More season tickets were sold in 15/16 than 14/15, our average crowd now is similar to what it was 20 years ago. In the final two home games of the season - which were both relatively meaningless for us - we got a combined total of over 10,000 fans through the turnstiles. The crowds are fine.

In actual fact, crowds at Scottish football matches these days, in general, are better than at any time since the 1950s.

Better even than the late 1960s and early 1980s when Scottish club football was ranked in the top 3 of the UEFA rankings (or equivalent), when admission prices were much cheaper, when games weren't live on TV, when ground capacities were much larger, when Old Firm travelling supports were far greater and when grounds were largely terracing.

However, as above, I wouldn't a penny to watch it these days.

The fact that Sevco were admitted to the league and Rangers effectively got away with over a decade of the biggest cheat in sporting history without any punishment means that Scottish football is no different from wrestling IMO.

I only went once last season and, like you say, there were around 5,000 empty seats to choose from.

As for £20 being too much... I wouldn't attend now even if THEY paid me £20 to attend!

£50 and I might consider it. As long as I had the option to leave at half time.

Looking back I must have gone to quite a lot of St Mirren games last season but I only paid admission to Ibrox once, to Livingston once and twice to Alloa. It was easy to get free tickets for Paisley for the 4 or 5 games I saw there. The football was dire though and in some respects it actually got worse after Raes appointment.

In actual fact, crowds at Scottish football matches these days, in general, are better than at any time since the 1950s.

Better even than the late 1960s and early 1980s when Scottish club football was ranked in the top 3 of the UEFA rankings (or equivalent), when admission prices were much cheaper, when games weren't live on TV, when ground capacities were much larger, when Old Firm travelling supports were far greater and when grounds were largely terracing.

However, as above, I wouldn't a penny to watch it these days.

The fact that Sevco were admitted to the league and Rangers effectively got away with over a decade of the biggest cheat in sporting history without any punishment means that Scottish football is no different from wrestling IMO.

Of course some of the reason crowd were poor in the 70s and 80s was the crowd trouble that many on here seem to want to see excused after Saturday

We might cost more than some, but we certainly wont be the dearest in the league this season. We were also 1 of the cheapest when we were in the top league and folk were still moaning about the price. Remember the government takes £4 in vat out of the £20.

Not where I (want ) to sit all seats are season ticket holders .

We might cost more than some, but we certainly wont be the dearest in the league this season. We were also 1 of the cheapest when we were in the top league and folk were still moaning about the price. Remember the government takes £4 in vat out of the £20.

Charge a fiver and give the Government a pound.

I would be happy with that.

Seat argument has been done to death and will run on indefinitely as it evokes strong feelings.

Personally speaking, a bigger incentive for a season ticket is the fact that I can't just turn up on match day... go to a turnstile... And gain entry.

My illness of lazybasturditus makes walking half way around the stadium needlessly on match day a turn off!

It seemed so much easier to go to a game of football in the olden days!

1550 sold so far.

Is that figure of 1550 not down on last season? C'mon lads and lassies lets get proactive and purchase these season tickets when and if you can, so Alex Rae has a good player budget and one that lets St.Mirren of having a fighting chance of gaining promotion.

Whilst I am at it surely we can get more than 1000 fans to become members of SMISA and give us fan ownership.

£3.33 in VAT.

Or even better Budget if we just paid Cash at the Gate every Match and scrapped Season Tickets.

Post building garbage.

The club wouldn't know anywhere near how much revenue they'd be taking in and there are a number of us who don't manage every match but have paid up front to see them anyway allowing the club to spend AFTER receiving the funds..