Shankland

16 minutes ago, antrin said:

Glad no Buddie's getting too carried away.

We've always been reasoned, rational and practical about St Mirren's prospects.

Not that fate has ever bitten The Buddies oan the bum or anything like that...   :unsure:

Here, it's a long time since I got out of work - had a pint in the sun, and actually enjoyed the prospect of watching St Mirren. It's a rare moment we should savour as a buddie B):lol:

16 minutes ago, ged62 said:

There you go I was right on my post today, well 2 out of the 3 players. Just as my wee contact said.

Hope he's right with the Hardie one too. My source is a players dad. emoji6.png

Apparently Rae is awaiting the outcome of Quinns ankle scan to assess if we can go ahead with the final deal or have to look for a new central midfield player. 

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Apparently Rae is awaiting the outcome of Quinns ankle scan to assess if we can go ahead with the final deal or have to look for a new central midfield player. 

if we needed a player with bite in the middle of the park then there`s a guy at Alloa we should go for. Albeit a little older i`m sure he`d help Kyle Hutton thro a season,and as part time he should be within the budget..............a panic signing? no, a goodwon

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I would have thought that another central midfielder would be the priority now anyway surely?

We only have 3 as it is and as the injury has Quinn has shown it only takes an injury and we are without cover. If 2 are out then we are screwed.

1 hour ago, nosferatu said:

I would have thought that another central midfielder would be the priority now anyway surely?

We only have 3 as it is and as the injury has Quinn has shown it only takes an injury and we are without cover. If 2 are out then we are screwed.

I agree. In an ideal world another central mid and a forward with a bit of pace and drive would be ideal. 

Rae saying tonight though he has a budget to perhaps squeeze one signing in. I'd like to see Ryan Hardie who fits the bill in that he's pretty fast as well as tall, a rarity in itself. But he's a luxury we simply can't afford to carry given the tightness of the budget.

Shanks looks right up for this. What a great signing. Ideally, if Quinn's injury isn't too bad, we could do with a nippier striker, but after watching Morgan tonight, I'm less concerned about that. He drives at defenders and scares the bejeezuz out of them. I love that in a player.

We're a mere bawhair away from the finished unit.

Only last week Rae was saying he had money for 3 or 4 players but tonight he is saying we are struggling for 1 more when he has only signed two loanees? One more attacking midfielder and another young forward are the two positions we need to fill to complement the squad for winning promotion :)

From what Rae said getting another player in could depend on getting through the cup or sending someone out on loan (wouldn't have thought loaning out someone like McLear or McAllister would free up that much money!).

If Quinn is out and we need someone else maybe it's time for the John Rankin rumour to finally come true!

Shanks looks right up for this. What a great signing. Ideally, if Quinn's injury isn't too bad, we could do with a nippier striker, but after watching Morgan tonight, I'm less concerned about that. He drives at defenders and scares the bejeezuz out of them. I love that in a player.

We're a mere bawhair away from the finished unit.

Hopefully Morgan, Gallagher and Walsh can provide pace and trickery. Just need a Jim Goodwin type.......[emoji85] [emoji86] [emoji87]

18 minutes ago, Stu said:

From what Rae said getting another player in could depend on getting through the cup or sending someone out on loan (wouldn't have thought loaning out someone like McLear or McAllister would free up that much money!).

If Quinn is out and we need someone else maybe it's time for the John Rankin rumour to finally come true!

I have always thought Rankin was a similar player to Goodwin - someone with a lot of presence who can rally the troops. .

9 hours ago, Stu said:

Rankin was my first thought when listening to Rae's interview. Would be a good fit (I'm surprised he hasn't been signed up by another club, to be honest).

Rankin was my first thought when listening to Rae's interview. Would be a good fit (I'm surprised he hasn't been signed up by another club, to be honest).

Rankin is training with falkirk at the moment mate, seemingly getting a deal with them as they are about to sell Vaulks to a club down south.