Shankland

Shanks is in his last year of his contract so we are in a great position.

Top of the league or close to it AT CHRISTMAS,and sign him on freedom of contract.

Rae isn't daft and has this in mind already 

Remember they the Dons cant claim full development costs as he played for Queens Park

Edited by Eaglesham saint

I think we have a forward line that's better than a few of the lower end Premiership teams. Shanks, Clarkson and Sutton all have the potential to grab a few goals. Morgan looking terrific on the left, Gallagher can chip in with a few too. Yet to see enough of Walsh, but sounds like he'll be decent cover for either side. All the with Mallan supporting from midfield. Definitely going to be a threat going forward this season.

On 23/04/2016 at 3:15 PM, dr rotund said:

Was speaking to someone who knows him very well and they said he is very happy at St Mirren and would be open to staying. I hope we can offer him something to persuade him to stay, obviously this all depends on Aberdeen not seeing him in their plans, which i think is more than likely.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Time for fatty Shankland to piss off back up the road to Aberdeen.

Laughable, watching a " professional athlete " trying to run this afternoon.

Disgraceful condition to be in.

Edited by shull

1 hour ago, shull said:

Time for fatty Shanland to piss off back up the road to Aberdeen.

Laughable, watching a " professional athlete " trying to run this afternoon.

Disgraceful condition to be in.

Quite, although i'd prefer to keep Shankland :)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On Wednesday, July 20, 2016 at 0:33 PM, Saint Garf said:

I think we have a forward line that's better than a few of the lower end Premiership teams. Shanks, Clarkson and Sutton all have the potential to grab a few goals. Morgan looking terrific on the left, Gallagher can chip in with a few too. Yet to see enough of Walsh, but sounds like he'll be decent cover for either side. All the with Mallan supporting from midfield. Definitely going to be a threat going forward this season.

Sad to say but I felt the same way.

Was looking for a return of say 15 goals each from Sutton and Shankland and maybe 10 or thereabouts for Clarkson and Mallan. 

Would gave to be a really good rum over the rest of the season but who knows.

Shanks is a bit of an enigma.

When he is on it he's absolutely brilliant, can score goals from nothing, and is probably the best natural instinctive finisher we have at the club.

When he's not on it, he looks slow, disinterested and a luxury item in the team.

He's still young, and I guess lack of consistency is the hallmark of a young player, but everytime he has played well this season he's been abject rank in the next and this has largely then been the cause of him going in and out the team.

He probably needs an extended run, but I don't think he can play up top on his own. In the current setup Sutton is going to be the man to lead the line and I'm not entirely convinced Sutton and Shankland is a mobile enough pairing up front. I think Sutton needs someone quicker playing alongside.

Tough call for the manager on Sat as Shanks played very well on Tues night but if he keeps the jersey and you assume Quinn is going to start then that means one of the youngsters riding pine, most likely Magennis.

I would be tempted to go for two sitting midfielders in Quinn & Magennis in front of a back four, allowing an attacking midfield trio of Morgan, Mallan and McAllister to really get up and support Sutton. Shanks would need to be a sub in that model!

59 minutes ago, div said:

Shanks is a bit of an enigma.

When he is on it he's absolutely brilliant, can score goals from nothing, and is probably the best natural instinctive finisher we have at the club.

When he's not on it, he looks slow, disinterested and a luxury item in the team.

He's still young, and I guess lack of consistency is the hallmark of a young player, but everytime he has played well this season he's been abject rank in the next and this has largely then been the cause of him going in and out the team.

He probably needs an extended run, but I don't think he can play up top on his own. In the current setup Sutton is going to be the man to lead the line and I'm not entirely convinced Sutton and Shankland is a mobile enough pairing up front. I think Sutton needs someone quicker playing alongside.

Tough call for the manager on Sat as Shanks played very well on Tues night but if he keeps the jersey and you assume Quinn is going to start then that means one of the youngsters riding pine, most likely Magennis.

I would be tempted to go for two sitting midfielders in Quinn & Magennis in front of a back four, allowing an attacking midfield trio of Morgan, Mallan and McAllister to really get up and support Sutton. Shanks would need to be a sub in that model!

Opinions can be fun, but not in our situ. Forwards need supply and confidence, so yes midfield is crucial. I would start Shanks, he looked hungry Tues

40 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Stop slagging the players,,,,,,,,,,,,, Prat...........it really doesn't help. He is not as fat as u

I don't have to run or score for St Mirren. 

If I had to, I wid be more prolific than Greggs Shankland. 

7 minutes ago, shull said:

I don't have to run or score for St Mirren. 

If I had to, I wid be more prolific than Greggs Shankland. 

Why don't you arrange to meet the lad and give him a piece of your mind in terms of how fat and lazy you think he is? If you've slabbered on about this once, you've done it a dozen times, and it is becoming tedious.

I'm pretty sure you've objected in the past when you think folk on here are being offensive towards others. Perhaps its time for a bit of self-reflection.